Pleng Ruk Rim Fung Khong (Ch.7)

lynn

sarNie Juvenile
Weir is definitely hot tempered and jumps to conclusion. I thought it was sad when he said he does not know who she is other than she than his boss girlfriend.

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
I don't know if you guys caught some part as I did.

When Pin took Champa home by paddling the boat for her. He said that he loves her again in Laos, and she turned around and said 'I speak your language too. I speak Thai'.

I was like... huh?! It's not Thai, it's clearly Laotian... but anyway, did anyone caught that part her saying that? :huh:
Well, Thai (Tai or Dai) is use interchangeably. When people say Thai (Tai or Dai), it doesn't really mean speaking in Thai-Thai because Thai (or Tai or Dai however you want to pronounce it because different people pronounce it differently, and it all depends which part of Laos, Thailand, Burma, Yunnan Province your from) is part of the Kadai language family.

Well, here is a little history for everyone. The language that people from Laos, Thailand (Siam), Yunnan Province, and Shan Burmese speak is Tai and it is part of the Kadai language family (Sino-Tibetan group of languages) which originated from Yunnan Province (Sipsongpanna or Chinese would spell it as Xishuangbanna).

Furthermore, the Tai language were passed down (by people migrating to established new kingdom or merchants/bussinessmen would trade thus establishing their new home in new land because traveling back and forth takes months and months) to today Lao (Laotian), Thai, and Shan Burmese because Lao and Thai originated from Tai (as Chinese would say it as DAI ZU WU=Tai, Dai, or Thai people), in Yunnan Province who were the ancestors of people found in Central Southeast Asia today.

These include the Dai or Tai in Yunnan, the Shan in Myanmar, the Lao in Laos, the Thai in Thailand, and throughout the world by migration during the Vietnam War. Another thing to remember is that Thai, Tai, or Dai mean FREE (PEOPLE), because I think everyone know what "Kha or Ka or Thad or That" (not really sure about the spelling) is right? Decades ago you have Tai and Kha (Ka), even today older generations still refer some ethnic groups as "Kha" or "Ka".

Another example: When asking someone who they are or what nationality/ethnic group they are; one would ask something like this right? Jao bin tai (thai) ma young? or Jao bin tai (thai) die? or Jao wow prasa tai di bar? or Pin thai dike (dye) krup or ka? Then you respond by saying something like this: Koy (or Ka Noy) bin tai Viengchang or Tai Houayxay, or Thai Krup Thep, etc.

Sorry, to bored everyone to death! I hope this help or at least clear some misunderstanding that you or other may have.

BTW: Episode 3 is very hilarious...this lakorn rock! LOVE CHAMPA's sister-Sadao haha she is so hilarious along with Joey haha

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
thanks so much for the explanation. makes sense now. wow, how did u know so much? i've always been so confused about why Esan people sound like Lao people when they speak. It's b/c they used to be part of Laos but now they're part of Thailand. The name of the lakorn also makes sense to me now too. Thanks again for explanation.
I just want to say that Chonny smack right on the dot! Good job on the explanation. Oh, did you know that there are more Lao living in Thailand than in Laos itself and the reason was briefly explained by Chonny up above.

The title of this lakorn would be in:
Prasa Lao: Pleng Huk Him Fung Khong (Mae (=mother) Nam(=water) Kong (redish, or pinkish) or Mekong mean redish water. If you see the Mekong river you will know exactly what I mean haha)

Prasa Thai: Pleng Ruk Rim Fung Khong

Thai loves the "R" and "CH" were Lao loves "L", "H", and "S". Now, for those whom speak Central Thai (Krung Thep Thai), but can't speak/or understand Lao vice versa, try replacing some words with one of those letters and taa daa haha (i.e. Chiang Rai, Lao would say Chiang Hai, or Jane Hai; Patcharapa, Lao would say Patchalapa, Ya rong hai, Lao would say something like this Ya Hong Hai haha)

Sorry to go off on tangent!

Enjoy the lakorn...Roeper and Ebert gave two thumbs up and me gave another two thumbs up... :clap:

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
my two cents on the language thing...if you can speak thai you can understand laos and vice versa...you just have to practice at it...it's not that difficult...

regarding the lakorn....I love it...can't get enough of Vier....Alexandra rocks...but the story espeically the love between praek and nek is too fast...like it's only the third epi and they already reallly love each other...and there is already a lot of darn misunderstanding between the two leads...

on another note...that joey guy is soooooooooooooo funny...he's like the comic relief

Vier should really get a recording contract...love his voice...he better have other songs too...

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
yep. i'm loving this la korn right now. Weir and Alexandra is sooooo cute. he always say sweet lovey things to her.his character is very cute. it's so cute/funny the scene he call her honey,my darling. yep the songs are really good in here. i love their duet songs too. they both have nice voice. yep Weir should have his own album, he has good voice. i love his smile. he has those cutest, innocent adorable smile. yep Joey is very funny. it won't be as good next part because now they misunderstood eachother. pra aek gets mad fast and won't let nang aek explain either. and she gets mad that he doesn't trust her. i hope they will made up soon.

lynn

sarNie Juvenile
I have to say that Alexandra is doing a good job portraying her role although its her first lakorn and she cry so beautifully.

lisa05

sarNie Egg
i agree with you lynn. her acting is pretty good for first time.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
episode 2 and 3 were pretty good and funny ^_^ pei and champa so sweet and cute when come to love scene and pei talking english and not understand what it mean when he told champa that her dad name is honey since the wife called him that lol but its just a american expression calling their sweetie and champa bringing him mango and sauce man want some haha

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
Just saw a couple minutes of epi 2. Does anyone agree with me that what Weir did for Alexandra had to be the most sweetest thing????? He jumped in the river for her has to be one of the most romantic scenes ever!!!! LOL

Kkrystal

สุภาพบุรุษจุฑาเทพ
"hello, my name is buffalo" I can't get over that... I was laughing nonstop....

Mann

this lakorn is very good, there so cute together, & vier so funny, how he try to speak english hehe.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
epi 4 was sooooo sweet but Champa wasn't able to send Ai Pin off on time....they missed each other by two minutes man.........but it was cute and romantic...and oh my gosh I'm soooo gonna buy the soundtrack to this lakorn...so help me God.....LOL....

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
First i thought epi.4 wouldn't be as good because i thought they would misunderstand eachother a lot but turn out there were some cute/sweet scenes. it's good that they made up fast. i like the scene he sleep on her lap and she stroke his hair. i like it when a guy sleep on a girl's lap. it's sweet to me. but it's sad that they didn't get to say good bye. Joey(Sumlee) and Roong(Sadow) is very funny. they are like the cupids who help Weir&Alexandra to made up. the songs in this la korn is very good. Weir&Alexandra is very cute. next part i hope they will get to see eachother. :eek:

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
omg this lakorn is too cute atm.... :) gosh, at first i didnt like the beginning title until they both sang it at her dad's bday.... so cute... i love their relationship, ngon here and ngon eachother there.... haha what a cute lakorn... :) cant wait to watch today's episode :p

WhiteLotus

sarNie Egg
Na, I think I'll skip this one. Alexandra needs to redo her hair. I don't know, her hair shrikes make her look somewhat eww. I'm not hating okay, Very SOOORRRRY about expressing my thoughts and opinions.