Plastic Surgery

Muddie Murda

smile...
I do business a lot on Soompi lol so I'm there browsing around.

I noticed um....alot of the Korean kids, they go, "My parent's going to make me get a nose job."

Or "My mom said I should get my eyes done. She'll pay for it."

"My parent's are flying me to Korea to get plastic surgery there."

And there was this one girl who surprised me a bit. "I just got my eyes done by surprise! My mom said I should get my eyes done yesterday! And so today I just came by from my surgery."

Oh geeeeeee

-----

OMGGGGG...it's like totally normal for Koreans to be told that it seems! And the kids seem fine!

Hell, if I was told by MY MOTHER to get surgery because "I'm not perfect" wahhhh...I'd never get over it...(and go on with the surgery anyways HAHAHAHA jk).

Do you think this is bad? o_O Being told to get surgery by a parent or someone whom "loves you." How would you feel if your parents told you that, or your bf/gf/hubby/wifey/etc

I mean, sure you can get surgery if you want to change yourself, if you feel low about how you look...but having someone who's suppose to love you and encourage you no matter what, tell you to do it? Errrr...(or sometimes when you ARE okay with how you look but your parent tells you to get the surgery?)

Which brings up something that happened today. We were talking about ads, and there was this one surgery ad where it said, "Does your husband want your breast to be larger?" And the narrator said, "Woman would rather change themselves, rather than their husband." Which everyone bursted out laughing. :p So sad....

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
unless u dont like ur self then i think u can it ur own body innit, buh if its someone else tellin u that man id yell at them so hard coz thats just mean, we r all born diff and it up to us what we do with out OWN bodies someone told me i should go get it id beat em up haahaa it none of their business it ur own body n everyone aint tha same!

vina_lek

lol. i don't like when people tell me i should do or do not do anything unless i ask for their opinion. -_- sometimes some parents will say a kid should do anything, b/c they know the kid wants it but is too "krengjai" to ask the parent. yeah. some kids really don't ask their parents for anything unless it is really necessary. that's how my baby brother is. usually when he wants something, he doesn't ask for it. we have to ask him if he wants it or sometimes we do say he should get this or that like new clothes, b/c he seems to be outgrowing his. ^_^

if the kid wants the surgery, it's cool but getting it just b/c someone else will like them better is just twisted. if the kids like him/herself the way they are & it's just that other person's opinion, well, screw them. plus, people's taste change so often. it's impossible to please everyone & make them like you. w/ way, way, way big boobs, when the woman's back go bad, her husband will leave her anyway. what then? <_<

Nameless

N i n j a
plastic surgery scares me....ever watched nip/tuck? lol

just wondering though...why people aren't afraid to have it yet, are more afraid of people finding out that they got some things done to them...

This one girl I know had her boobs done and tells strangers "Oh...they are natural..." cause they're starin' at her with uncertainty

And I'm lookin' at her like 'man. how sad.' Didn't want to be mean and yell out 'They're fake!'

read some article last week---a small section in a newspaper mentioning about how some girl in Taiwan had her boobs done and then she got stung by a bee, i believe...or something close to it and they became inflated. just thought I'd share.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i personally wont have it done coz of all tha risks and why put ur body into that state?? we all diff and no one is tha same

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
read some article last week---a small section in a newspaper mentioning about how some girl in Taiwan had her boobs done and then she got stung by a bee, i believe...or something close to it and they became inflated. just thought I'd share.
I got stung in the boob by a bee before.

And...Why would she have her boobs hanging out for a bee to sting?

pink mafia

sarNie Juvenile
i got the most recent issue of marie claire in the mail a little while ago...and there's this special beauty report on plastic surgery and other things called erasing ethnicity...and they talked to suchin pak...the korean mtv vj...and she mentioned how before she became a vj and started working it was already decided that she was going to get eye surgery...there was never a question if she wanted it or not...and the only big question was whether to get it done in America or Korea...and she was barely 18!...also according to the american acedemy of facial and plastic reconstructuve surgery the most common cosmetic surgical procedure among asians is...surprise surprise...eye surgery

Muddie Murda

smile...
I don't get how it's erasing ethicity though. I mean I saw on Tyra and the Dr. Phil show. All the asians on there, they were said to have been wanting to be, as Tyra said, "More Caucasian," and as Dr. Phil said more umm...educationally, "More Westernized." I mean, um...Asians have double eye lids too. o_O Not like no Asians out there have double eye lids naturally. :D 'Cuz I have double eye lids. :D

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
I don't get how it's erasing ethicity though. I mean I saw on Tyra and the Dr. Phil show. All the asians on there, they were said to have been wanting to be, as Tyra said, "More Caucasian," and as Dr. Phil said more umm...educationally, "More Westernized." I mean, um...Asians have double eye lids too. o_O Not like no Asians out there have double eye lids naturally. :D 'Cuz I have double eye lids. :D
Haha, you know, I never knew that it was a big deal to have this double eyelids until someone on SW told me that. I have them too and I find it hilarious that it's supposed to be something I should be proud of. Muddie seems proud of it from those happy faces she put around that phrase. I guess now I'll look sexy with eyeliner.

Hotness.

there's nothing wrong with getting plastic surgery in my opinion...if you're completely unhappy with your appearance, and you're doing it for your own peace of mind, then go ahead and get the surgery(ies)... when i was in my teens, i had a chin implant and nose job...

none3

sarNie Hatchling
I would be very upset if my mom ever suggested that I get a total makeover by going under the knife. We as a human being belong to ourself, better yet--- God and no one has the right to tell us otherwise about changing everything about us as an individual. We can't please everyone's like or don't like about us. Fortunately my mom is not like that, she's really down to earth. She understands the pressure of what being a women means in this time and age. So, she say's: Live well and do well, do what ever makes you happy!! isn't she cool? :p