Pictures from Cambodia?

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Hi I've never been there...made plans but cancelled them...but of course I'd luv to see u gals and guys pics from there...u don't have to be in it...just pictures of random people or the scenary is awesome enough. :)

sorry I stink @ giving tutorials

Posting Picture:

Scanner...

first scan the picture and then size it the size u want..save it onto your computer. then upload it via imagshack or photobucket...you'll need an account with them.

After that it will give u a link....use the link with in the beginning and copy and paste it.

As for Digi cams...Linn please help...I don't have a digi cam...just yet.

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
More on how to post pictures:

1. use scanner to scan pics to comp
or if u have dig cam. put the disk in the comp

2. ul pics to either photobucket.com or imageshack.us

3. after click add reply, copy url to pic...then click IMG button on top...paste --> click ok

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
OOhhh, I just went there early this year and have plenty of pictures...but too bad :( I have no earthly idea how to post them. I'm such a dummy when it comes to computers and anything that relates to it. :wacko:

Sawina

sarNie Hatchling
i have some when i granma and mom went but right now im at school shhhhhhhhhhh lol no scanner and no picture with me. hahaha asorry=).. school stressing me out no time for sarnworld.=(.. so im sneeking on school aahha in the morning

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
lavenderchick:
secrets did u have fun in cambodia? where did u go? and when did u go?
Yes, we had a blast (at least towards the ending I did.) We went on March and left on the last week of April. We spent Khmer New Year's there and it was fun.

Although we spent most of our time in the countryside, it was still nice and relaxing. During the day, I would go to the rice fields and we'd have cook-outs (like catch fish from the pond, live chicken and cook them right there, although I didn't look when they did that) or just simply tie a hammock between two palm trees and read my book, take in the fresh country air and breeze, wash away all my hectic life back in the States. And at night, we'd go into the city of Battambong, to restaurants, karaoke places or just walk around the city. There were some bad experiences too, don't get me wrong, like the hot weather, bugs, beggers, stray animals everywhere you go and of course, the unsanitary issues. But that's life and if you can past that and put it aside, you'll have a great time.

We didn't get to spend time in Phnom Penh because most of our family members live in Battambong and the countryside. We also went to Siem Riep and visit Angkor Wat (which was absolutely amazing and breathtaking to me). We went to the beach and could go on and on. Overall, it was an experience I'll never forgot and glad I had the opportunity to take. I will definitely do it again! But next time, I won't spend so much time in the countryside, I'm gonna be more in the city and pampering myself! Oh, I forgot, I did go clubbing in Phnom Penh on our last night there, it was so much fun!

lavenderchick

sarNie Egg
wow u did a lot of things. when i went (in july) we mostly stayed in battambong too but my sister got sick so we had to cut our trip in battambong short and head to phhom pehn so she could see a doctor. i had a lot of fun too visiting angkor and just hanging out with families. i really wanted to go to a club in phhom pehn to see what it was like but everyone said it wasn't safe. i was so disappointed.

bAyBeExPaZzIoN

sarNie Hatchling
My sisters went in June and they both had a great time. They went to Battambang that includes a lot of mountain climbing. The scenaries were spectacular from Mt "Sam Pou". After they went to Siem Reap and visit all the temples and the cultural village. The cultural village is a must see if you are ever in Siam REap. In addition, mt Kulen is a nice place too and there was big buddha on top of the hill. Just before that, there's a nice place for swimming and it had a big waterfall. In Siam Reap, there was a night club called Martini (don't exactly remembered the name)that is very nice and they played khmer music along with int'l music like american, thai etc. After that went to Kompong Som and the beaches there wasn't bad. Again, they checked out a club near the hotel. The hotel they stayed at was King Hotel and there a nice bar/club and they met an old comedian named "mathay plock" (pepper something) They spend couple of nights there and they hotel had gym and swimming pool. Not that far from there is "kbal Chhay" that had a nice waterfall for swimming. A must see place is anyone ever in that area. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that place has a lot ppl from the US. My sisters met people from Oregan, California, New York, Florida and etc. AFter they left there they went to visit Ream, Kampot, Kep, Takeo and Koh Kong. One last thing my sister wanted to mention was the road condition to Koh Kong was the hardest. It took them the whole there from Phnom Penh to get there. The road was still under constructions and there were so mts that you have to cut through. They got stuck in mud so many times. They were a little disappointed when they got to Koh Kong because there wasn't much to do. The place was so dead at night. They only thing that was there was Safari world where they had the boxing monkeys. Their last couple of days in PP, they went clubbing and Spark is the place to be for nightlife. That place was huge and they had live singers like York Roitha, San Panith and many more. They said it was so much fun. Plus they had DJ music like hip hop, techno, chinese music after the performance. For foods, they recommend Soriya mall because they have everything there: Pho, rice plate, dessert and of course Bubble tea drinks. Well, that's it for now. But, if you are ever going to Cambodia and you need some advices, feel free to PM me or post here.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Wow sound like u guys had a blast...I wanna go but in 2 years...My uncles is building a Villa over there and it will be done in 2007. Don't wanna stay in hotels since...I hear some stories of Rats and Mosquitoes....They are big ones too...I'm too scared... :(

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Linn said:
just a sample pic...bad quality since I used dig cam to take pic over photo..I'll use the school scanner instead...back w/ more pics

one of the Apsara dancer on stage of Koulen Restaurant in Siem Riep..
[post="8295"][/post]​
Linn that girl is a real person? She looks like part of the setting. But nice pics...thanks

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Ana said:
Sounds like so much fun!!! I'm gonna go at the end of October next month w/my mom :p :D Can't wait :lol:
[post="10309"][/post]​
OMG really...we will miss you but have fun...don't forget to tell us how it was.

K

KawaiiTennyo

so where are the pictures?? hahah come on people go to cambodia and take pictures already

punrakun

sarNie Egg

Linn said:
I follow your steps but I don't know if I did it right.

1. use scanner to scan pics to comp
or if u have dig cam. put the disk in the comp

2. ul pics to either photobucket.com or imageshack.us

3. after click add reply, copy url to pic...then click IMG button on top...paste --> click ok

sry I'll come back n edit this thread w/ pic...this weekend...thu u should put how to post pic on the first thread BlueMoon...
[post="8936"][/post]​

punrakun

sarNie Egg

Yeah..I did it..Here are more pix in Siem Reap. The chicken is the best chicken ever!!!! We took pictures with Bopha Angkor Hotel Staff..they are the coolest people ever. I totally recommend that Hotel..very homey and classic..I stay there with my sis and bro for $45/night. Its like heaven. We swam in the morning before going to Angkor Wat and when we return before dinner. We stayed there for a four days and three days in Phnom Penh before heading to Bangkok and Chiang Mai. We did a month trip to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand this past July.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
Thank U!!!

Punrakun...those pics are awesome...look so nice...Did u do a family trip? I like them all.

But can u resize the one with all 7 of you standing across shoulder to shoulder...the size is really big.. :lol: But other than that it looks great.

Also I think u clicked on the icon "http://" right? Don't click on that one...click on the icon "IMG" :)

punrakun

sarNie Egg
I don't know how to resize the picture. Yes, I did..I thought that was what I suppose to do. Yeah..we did a family trip except we went to Cambodia and Thailand on our own. My dad didn't go w/ us since he didn't have the proper visa. I visited Vietnam like every other yr and got sick of it. My relative and dad doesn't want us to travel alone to any countries where we don't have family member there. I heard a lot of bad rumor about the safety of Cambodia and I'm glad I didn't believe the rumor. I planned the whole trip myself, we stay in hotel ranging from $10 up to $130. And Bopha Angkor beat it all!!! Shopping at Bangkok is a must and Elephant Ride in Chiang Mai is amazing. If you get to Cambodia and need to get really good discount domestic airfare..let me know. I know the director of air traffic in Siem Reap Airport who could get you connected w/ airfare and hotel discount.

BlueMoon said:
Thank U!!!

Punrakun...those pics are awesome...look so nice...Did u do a family trip? I like them all.

But can u resize the one with all 7 of you standing across shoulder to shoulder...the size is really big.. :lol: But other than that it looks great.

Also I think u clicked on the icon "http://" right? Don't click on that one...click on the icon "IMG" :)
[post="11249"][/post]​