Pics of the Server where SW and other sites are running on!

darvil

sarNie Adult
So I finally got my hands on a cable so I could transfer some pictures.

To start off with. Here's the RAID card I used on the server

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

This is the card in the server right now.

Here's the link to the case the server is in. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811112040

I manage to get the case for 55 dollars on the techie forum anandtech.com

The motherboard also have room for one more CPU as its a dual processors board. I've installed quadcore and putting in another one would mean an 8 core server! WOW!

Here's the bill for the rest of the parts for the server on newegg.com

Parts have arrived.

Parts Taken out of the boxes

Removable motherboard tray with the MOBO.

Motherboard placed with the CPU installed and heatsink ready to be placed.

After Everything is done.

Placed upright view

Bright lights from the RAID card with lights off.

A shot of my floor while I install freeVPS on the server. You can see the opened case router I setup (m0n0wall) on the left side. Yea I know there's a knife on top of my main PC.. But there is a reason for it.

Here's a top view in linux on the process.. Yea I just took it and its 3 am so the server load is very low but its usually around .5 :)

For those who waited so patiently. I got recent pics of my niece!

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
*First! LOLs.

Wow, Tim. You act like a little boy playing with his new toys. Ha, ha.
Nice job. How long did it take to put everything together? Not long
for a nerd? Ha, ha. Nice pictures. Very interesting. I bet you've been
busy. LOLs. You, are obsessed. Pictures of your receipt?! That's a lot
of money. Very nice money too. Damn, a lot of green!

Little in size, BIG in attitude.
Wah, your niece is so cute! She's lucky my brother doesn't know her,
or else her cheeks would be in torture. Ha, ha. How old is she?

darvil

sarNie Adult
*First! LOLs.

Wow, Tim. You act like a little boy playing with his new toys. Ha, ha.
Nice job. How long did it take to put everything together? Not long
for a nerd? Ha, ha. Nice pictures. Very interesting. I bet you've been
busy. LOLs. You, are obsessed. Pictures of your receipt?! That's a lot
of money. Very nice money too. Damn, a lot of green!

Little in size, BIG in attitude.
Wah, your niece is so cute! She's lucky my brother doesn't know her,
or else her cheeks would be in torture. Ha, ha. How old is she?
*quick posting from work*

She's going to be 2 years old soon. My sister is planning to have another one soon.. I think that would rock. One of her reasoning is that since it will be years before I have my own, my niece won't have a sibling/cousin/close family, she wants to give my niece a sibling.

Assembling the server didn't take that long.. its the installation of the software that took years to do.

And where have your lazy ass been? I haven't seen you online in ages. Slacking off are we?

NosePicker

sarNie Egg
Good Job P'Tim :)

Now all you have left to do is put a framed picture of Dfemc, P'Nai, and ME on top of your modem and your life will be complete.

oooooooh maaaaa gaaaaaaah, that kid ish so cute. Whatever in the hell happened to you?

dfemc

sarNie Adult
was all that computer stuff suppose to be exciting or something maan? (ooooh aaaaaah, wow, exciiiiiiting :spin: :lol:)

but thank god there was something worth going thru this thread for, the chubby cheeks. maan so u don't even play with ur neice often enuf, such that she needs a sibling... sucks to have a boring uncle like u... i bet all u talk to her about is server talk. at least it looks like she knows how to have fun on her own. :lol:

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
haha and Tim u didnt do an MV for this?? i would of loved it.... lmfao!!! nice :p

ijohn

sarNie Adult
---awesome Tim all that hardware its so cool to think that little machine as big as it must seem to you is connecting the world or a big part of it together for all us scattered on this shrinking planet---lol...

---god' i miss having a little one around(your niece is so cute)... maybe in a new life i have planned,,, i can still have children around to spoil as i do my son when he's home... :)

dynomite

Wanna-Be เจ้าชู้
Damn... you all gung-ho... so your house is set up with a T-1 or T-3 line too or what? :^P

NERD NERD NERD!!

I'm jealous! :^P

darvil

sarNie Adult
Damn... you all gung-ho... so your house is set up with a T-1 or T-3 line too or what? :^P

NERD NERD NERD!!

I'm jealous! :^P

Haha no way man. Although I just got it upgraded to a 10mbit line (10 down and 1 up). Hosting stuff at the house would be a big no no. Pipe isn't big enough for the sites, plus I'm very careless with power sources.

The server is plugged in at my workplace. I'm allowed to plug in one server :). So we get a good nice BW flow and also the place is cool and plenty of power source.

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Oh my god I found a new best friend. P'Aung your niece likes kiddie pools just like me! That's freaken hot!!!!!! She can become my protege and I will teach her the language of gansturrs lolllllll. Totally man she will roll like the D&M&N Crew and represent da westside. Such a thug! :D

XCappy

Mr. Char
Hey Darv, nice hardwares you got ;) (esp. the 2 * 2GB DDR2 :drool:)

I guess all is working fine now, thx for all this hard work ;)

Nice bonus too, like esp. the first pic with hair in a "mess" :D

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
OMG lilly is getting so big!!! how cute!!! did she get a haircut...she has bangs now?? :rolleyes: :D

and oh yeh, nice computer stuff...umm...lol...

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
*quick posting from work*

She's going to be 2 years old soon. My sister is planning to have another one soon.. I think that would rock. One of her reasoning is that since it will be years before I have my own, my niece won't have a sibling/cousin/close family, she wants to give my niece a sibling.

Assembling the server didn't take that long.. its the installation of the software that took years to do.

And where have your lazy ass been? I haven't seen you online in ages. Slacking off are we?
LOLs. Everyone's comments are so hilarious! LMFAO.

Let's see...Where have I been? Not on MSN.
Actually, I've been babysitting and doing a lot of non-computer
stuff. My mom turned into a game freak and you have no idea!
Besides, I thought you'd be busy so I never talked to you. I
figured, with the new server and all that new forum stuff, you'd
be extremely busy - plus, you have a job too. So I thought that
you would be busy, and why bother you when you have no time?

Wah, your little niece is only almost two?! Oh my god! I thought
she'd be older than my little gay brother. I guess not. LOLs. My
little brother would love your niece. He's like that. Ha, ha. Yes,
she should have a sibling. Hopefully a little sister too. Little bros
are just...Annoying. It's always, "Sister do this, sister do that."
Bleh, I hope she gets a sister then! Ha, ha. She's so cute!!!

Tim, maybe you should get married then...LOLs. Who was it?
You're mom's friend's daughter? Just kidding. ^__^

noungning

Heartless
omg um tim where the hell is UR picture? u've only promised me since halloween!

but ur neice is cute whahaha she's gonna have a sib... and she's going to cry because she's afraid her love is going to be taken away ahhh so sad... :(