pee um not sure??? scary

little

sarNie Adult
i don't know if u guys have the same problem i get my here and there sometimes 2-3 straight days or maybe it'll fade and comes back again anyways what happen is that when i am asleep i feel like can't move talk or anything but i am cautious i could hear i feel like something/someone is holding me down like i can't breathe, cant' fight back my heart is beating fast i could feel the rush have energy but i can't do anything about it i feel like maybe a ghost/something tackling me in my mind i pray oh god help me fight the bad and i could feel that i'm fighting to my strength inside my mind but that didn't help oh yeah i yell my bf for help he couldn't hear it i tried to wake up him up he couldn't feel it sometimes i sleep with or without my hands on my stomach i get it either ways pee hum any sugguestions what it is

love this forum thanks

jensen

sarNie Fansubber
it happened to me too Little lol. That's what lao/thai people call "pee aum". Some nights i can't move or yell or talk at all. I feel like there's something holding me down too. Sometimes i think that it is because of "pha hom", too easy on us and it makes us have difficulting with breathing.
We call that "pee aum" cos a lot of people can't explain that paralysis, so they just say it's surely due to something paranormal lol.

A rational explanation : " the sleep paralysis" (or also called by the physicians Hyperersthesia psycha-sexualis)

It is about the structure of our sleep. When we sleep we do a lot of dreams that we sometimes remember only the quarter of them, and only our brain is active during our dreams, but our body is paralysed. This paralysis is essential or else our body would reproduce in real our actions in the dreams. The muscles are completely relaxed (cataplexy), and do not respond to instructions from the brain. Only the muscles of the eye and breathing escape paralysis.

When we wake up, in theory, this paralysis has disappeared. But sometimes the mechanism which keeps separate the dream and the awakened life hangs, so in this case we feel paralysis coming at the moment we fall asleep or at the time we wake up, and we are aware that we can not move or speak.
This is what the doctors called the sleep paralysis, which always accompanied with a rapid heartbeat, difficulty in breathing and a feeling of fear.

From doctors point of view, sleep paralysis is a symptom of narcolepsy (a sleep disorder in which a person falls asleep in an uncontrolled way). However, many people are affected by sleep paralysis without being affected by the disease. People has experienced that at least once in their life, especially during adolescence. Sometimes sleep paralysis affects several members of the same family.

The causes usually associated with sleep paralysis are due to, the stress, anxiety, a sudden change in daily habits (moving, changing work), unhealthy sleep (irregular sleep schedules, napping) or when we are tired.

It is terrifying that when we are in that situation, we are quite aware of what's happening around, but we are trapped in a hallucination hypnogogic.
It's a twilight state between sleep and wakefulness, where our dreams are so clear that they concern us because they seem real.

For people who suffer from that, the first sign of sleep paralysis is a strange noise, a squeal, hum, but it can also look like a no noise, or the noise of a motor, or even screams and laughters. The body can get vibrations, undulations and contortions. Some people can see strange lights fluttering around the room. It can be flashing lights, small stars, or incandescent forms. Sometimes, it seems like the room we are in, seems lit by a supernatural glow, and the objects are surrounded with a halo of color.

But the most scary in sleep paralysis is the feeling that there's someone close to us in the room. We are convinced there's somebody in the room with us. In many cases, that presence is even visible (our eyes are often open during the sleep paralysis), and can adopt a lot of forms, human, animal, demonic, even extraterrestrial lol.

According to the doctors, the Sleep paralysis isn't dangerous for our health.

=> For people interested, David Hufford wrote a book about the Sleep paralysis, or Nancy matis wrote something about that too "The Terror of Sleep Paralysis"...pretty interesting subject to me.

an old legend explanation : "The Old Hag" or " The demonic lover"

There are people who believe that paralysis affecting us during our sleep is due to something supernatural. During centuries, across cultures around the world, was described similar assaults. Generally, these phenomena occur at night, just before we fall asleep or waking up. These attacks have caused in all cases complete paralysis, a sense of oppression on the chest and sexual arousal. many other supernatural stories noted the similarities between the various experiences of the same type around the world. People feel like there's a presence around them holding them down.

According to a legend, and many of those working on the issue now, these entities are evil spirits condemned to stay on earth. They are demons and witches who attack us during our sleep. One of the traditions the most widespread is the "Old Hag," named like that by the community of Terre Neuve in Canada. It has been said that it is the terrifying character who works at night, And this same Old Hag appears in the World over. For Germans, it is "Mare" (which comes from the word "nightmare"), the Scandinavians call it "Mara", and the Greeks, "Mora."

There's another supernatural explanation for that paralysis : the incubated, also known as the "demonic lover", a kind of spirit who has sex with the living. Indeed, that lover is responsible for the sensation of tightness of the chest and the feeling of sexual arousal that accompanies these assaults night. The incubated-word which comes from the Latin incubare (spread) - is a daemon (fallen angel by the lust) who seduces women and abusing them in their sleep. The succubus- subcubare in Latin(sleeping under) - is a female demon, which looks like a woman, joins with a human.

I hope it helps u Little to understand ur symptoms better :)

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
it happens to me a lot little... but normally it happens when you're real tired. and it normally happen if i am stressed before I go to sleep. do u hear like a weird screech noise also? it happens to me .. I also thought it might be supernatural and the old folks told me it was, but I tried relaxing before bed and it went away... lately I've been stressed so I've been getting it two to three times a night ....

Quarter

Tell me about it.
wow i skip your A rational explanation there. too long =p... but yeah, my sister and brother had that too,i never had it though. good thing. but in my culture, that happens when some sorta spirit is on top of you O_O. freaky thing alright.

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Have you considered that maybe you might be going crazy? I'm not kidding or being mean. You should get it checked out now before it gets too bad.

Let me know if you need a good psychiatrist.

;)

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i have had this happen to me once but i heard a sound before all this happend like glass breaking on the floor or some noise from the grudge and then i tried to open ma eyes and i tried to move i was fully aware of what was happening just nothing would happen i was at ma aunties house at the time its really scary house and i had felt sick so i went to her room to sleep with her coz i was so cold so i fell asleep then that happened i was breathing to loud and ma heart was going fast i was scared i could not move nor talk buh she put the buddah on my necklas i was fine and have been ever from that day

none3

sarNie Hatchling
it has happened to me many times. what I would do is pray to God very loud in my head and take refuge that God is in control and this "thing" can't hurt me. :D hoped that helped.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Omg, Little, go choke Darv and Marduk. LOLs.
They're being retarded. Are you sure you're not
being offensive oh-godly-Marduk? ^__^

However, Little, I have a question to ask you.
Are you, by any chance, Hmong?

A lot of people have that. And if others notice it,
they usually have a Hmong medicine man fix it
with a spell and et cetera.

One of my cousins used to have it. It was a he too.
But I mean, everyone gets it. And Hmong people call
it "raug dab tsuam." And translated into English, it
means that you being raped by a ghost/spirit/monster.
Does that sound creepy?

Would that mean that we wouldn't be virgins either?

Anyways, I wasn't trying to be offensive. That's a
question that I would have to ask my parents. But I
mean, if you're Hmong, I don't think it's that needful
of worry. I mean, some people just think it's natural.

But like, my parents told me that it usually happens
most often if you're sleeping flat on your back. That's
one of the reasons why I sleep sideways. My darn arms
are always getting sore though. Darn. Anyways, that
was off topic. But that's what I know of it. I mean,
if you are by any chance Hmong, and you want it to
stop happening, talk to your parents about it. And ask
your dad if he knows how to do the special spell with
knives above your body thing. My dad knows how to do
it, and so does my uncle. So I guess, all dads should
know how to do it, hopefully. Some ladies know how,
the medicine ladies, I guess. O_O

*P'Jen, didn't read your post either. Too long.
But I praise you, 'cause you're too smart.

i've heard alot of ppl telling me that stuff like that happens to them... sometimes i think it's all in ur mind u know like ur so stressed that it's just ur muscles tightening up or something like that... but wat i don't get is all the ppl tell me that wen they wiggle their toes it goes away... and they say they see a dark figure ontop of them... i duno.. but i get spooked out really easy... so just to be safe i pray before i sleep and i can't sleep flat on my back cause ppl kept telling the stories... yea i know i'ma wimp...heh

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Of course I'm being offensive. Maybe next time I should make it more obvious...

;)
LMFAO. Ha, ha. *Big hug!*

JK, JK. LOLs. Be nice, Marduk.
You're supposed to be a good
influence, or are you badass
like Darv too? O_O

little

sarNie Adult
hey ADDICTION

i'm laos i sleep on my sides, back but when i do have the nightmare is on my back my parents and friends tell me that i sleep with my hands on my stomach that's funny how u say ghost rape because i have a hmong guy friend tells me that i was talking about the nightmare to him cause at that time i get it often so he mention / joke with me i must have fun with the ghost rape and at first i didn't know what he was saying until he clarifies it

Most of the people don't believe that 'til it happen to them....

I use to feel this sensation before..like something really heavy is on me.. and then you can 't move, shout and escape ... and i remembered that the first time it happen to me and i told it to my mum, she said that it was a ghost... and i shouldn't sleep on the back but on the side...that just make me smile ...because even if i know that there are weird things in this world..i prefer to think that this is just a anxious crisis
I think there are more scary things in this life and everytime you feel this sensation, you just have to try to sleep again and it will disappear like it come...don't believe in something, ignore what happened , is always the better way to feel better...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
hahha I try not think it's something supernatural =/ because I'd scare myself.. like everytime i watch a scary movie I have a hard time showering I always make my sister come sit in my room while I shower lol ... cause i keep thinking something will like randomly show up behind me or i'll see something in the mirror TT.TT ... so when i get scared lol I start chanting hahahaha