pee pob in laos

JuiMyLove

sarNie Egg
Anybody know much about the pee pobs in laos? i heard from people who've come back from visiting laos saying how there's been a sudden increase in these ghosts. And they say that the new generations have inherited it from the older ones, and some people who are into black magic are becoming prevalent pee pobs as well. Is this true? Kinda makes me not wanna visit laos anymore.. :unsure:

they say that if you're walking in the street, and if a pee pob walks toward and through you, you'll die.. and when you do visit laos, if someone doesn't tell you, how would you know whether someone is a pee bob or not. *Gives me the shivers* :spin:

Nerdyna

sarNie Hatchling
omg! dis scares me! ii hadnt been to laos. liek since ii was umm.. 4 yr old. wow. yrs ago! but ii did hear smthn bout the black magic stuff! the umm walk toward and thru u.. part.is like whoaa! i dont tink ii wanna go back to laos now..wow.. ii wonder if this is true yo`...

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
Is this thing even true? haha. My cousins are about the same age as we are ranging from 16-22, they're from Canada and they went to visit Laos last year for 'Boun Ka-Tin' that our whole family hosted in Kengkok. They didn't mention anything about ghosts freaking them out... only perverted young men who tries to slip ecstasy or GHB into their drinks when they go out to bars, that's just about it. I'm going within a couple of months... if anything along this subject happens, I'll let you know by visiting you. Ok? :D

JuiMyLove

sarNie Egg
alrite exp0, not only will you visit laos for leisure time, you'll be ghostbuster as well, okie dokie. :p

i also heard that pee pobs don't like to make eye contact with you. like if by coincidence you and it accidentally make eye contact, the ghost will look away impulsively. and i also heard that if you pretend to drop an object to look behind and under your legs, if the person is indeed a pee pop, you will see it as being headless. but then again, if you're a girl, it requires exposing your buttock, and if that pee pob is a guy and perverted (and using ecstacy lol), you might turn it on.. :tease:

TIP #1: To scare away perverted young men in Laos, wear a t-shirt reading "I HAVE AIDS."

TIP #2: To scare away pee pobs, bring Michael Jackson along. Come on, not even pee pobs would wanna mess with him.

TIP #3: Instead of Altoids breath mints, carry padek in your purse. Your breath will always be sweet, indulging aroma to your surrounding.

:D

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
I don't think there's anything to worry about. Come on, we live in the millenium, crap like this is no longer exposed to the public eye anymore.

If it doesn't want to make eye contact... keep looking at it and it will get agitated and walk away. HAHA! There goes your solution.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
alrite exp0, not only will you visit laos for leisure time, you'll be ghostbuster as well, okie dokie. :p

i also heard that pee pobs don't like to make eye contact with you. like if by coincidence you and it accidentally make eye contact, the ghost will look away impulsively. and i also heard that if you pretend to drop an object to look behind and under your legs, if the person is indeed a pee pop, you will see it as being headless. but then again, if you're a girl, it requires exposing your buttock, and if that pee pob is a guy and perverted (and using ecstacy lol), you might turn it on.. :tease:

TIP #1: To scare away perverted young men in Laos, wear a t-shirt reading "I HAVE AIDS."

TIP #2: To scare away pee pobs, bring Michael Jackson along. Come on, not even pee pobs would wanna mess with him.

TIP #3: Instead of Altoids breath mints, carry padek in your purse. Your breath will always be sweet, indulging aroma to your surrounding.

:D
:loool: dude ur a trip from hell.. ur so making this up.... hahaha i think i like ur jokes..... :loool: ask kenny....... he should know about these stuff.....lol

nophankh

sarNie Adult
Is this thing even true? haha. My cousins are about the same age as we are ranging from 16-22, they're from Canada and they went to visit Laos last year for 'Boun Ka-Tin' that our whole family hosted in Kengkok. They didn't mention anything about ghosts freaking them out... only perverted young men who tries to slip ecstasy or GHB into their drinks when they go out to bars, that's just about it. I'm going within a couple of months... if anything along this subject happens, I'll let you know by visiting you. Ok? :D
No way, you're originally from Kengkok?
I'm from kengkok too.

People in Laos are way too superstitious. It's just in their minds, they think too much. They get scared of things they don't understand. A two-tailed gecko is an icon of good luck in Laos...come on...if you want a two gecko, just cut it's tail into twos. Geckos regenerate their tails. At times, when I hear these stories, I feel a little embarrassed.

I don't think we should be worrying about pee pobs (though very entertaining), but rather the YABA (meth) issue. Two of my little cousins are hardcore yaba addicts. One stole 2 grand from his older brother and his brother put him in jail. Hilarious!!!
My other cousin stole 4 grand from his mom and I think they put him in a yaba rehab. It's crazy. I have other cousins who are in the same position. In laos, 100 dollars don't come easy and these fools stole a grand. I swear!

I went back to laos and I didn't see any ghost, it was just real dark. Everyone sleeps at 10 or 8pm and they wake up at like 7am. It was really boring.

SaoSophab

sarNie Hatchling
Hey I would love it if someone gives us a little background information on what "pee bobs" are and what they do because I remember stories when I was a little girl. he he

Nae_jai_leaw_lur

sarNie Egg
Yeah they scare me sometimes too. But my grandpa practices white magic so he chases them away and stuff, he would always tell us to chant something if we ever think we ran into one. I was like COOL!

reagan1986

sarNie Egg
yeahh I saw one lady wrap up in this string at the markets, they said a ghost went in her and the guy was screaming at it,

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I think it's all superstition. I'm all for learning about my heritage but I'm also a science minded person who kind of believes in the paranormal but not to the extent where you'd die from contact, I highly doubt that.
I've had my own experiences but from what I know, ghosts can't kill you, at least not just by walking through someone.
I've studied the "craft" for many years (I don't know why people assume it's all "dark", there's two sides to everything) and don't see how a spirit can harm someone just by passing through their body. Being possed is a different story, I haven't heard of many stories of people being possed by ghosts though, unless they're mediums and allowed it. For the most part, possession happens with demons.
Don't let the stories scare you, they're probably stories to attract more tourist or scare them away.

Watch, next time my parents goes to Laos, I'll go with them and bring all of my camera equipment with me and go ghost hunting. In the name of science, I'll find a European tourist (I'm sure there's plenty of them) and test out the theory. :p

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
You're from Kengkok? That's where my dad is from. Savannakhet right? Let me guess, your last name might be Insyxiengmay? Haha.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Anybody know much about the pee pobs in laos? i heard from people who've come back from visiting laos saying how there's been a sudden increase in these ghosts. And they say that the new generations have inherited it from the older ones, and some people who are into black magic are becoming prevalent pee pobs as well. Is this true? Kinda makes me not wanna visit laos anymore.. :unsure:

they say that if you're walking in the street, and if a pee pob walks toward and through you, you'll die.. and when you do visit laos, if someone doesn't tell you, how would you know whether someone is a pee bob or not. *Gives me the shivers* :spin:
I believe Pee Pob probably are real, but I don't think that you will die at a point of contact. Even though I believe some are real, I believe some are made up because people are greedy and want somebody to get kicked out of town because they want to take over those people's rice fields and property. Also, I went to Laos, and I did not see anybody with this condition. And if you think about it, there's hauntings in the U.S....but have you faced any? And have you faced being possessed by a demon wherever you are from? Laos actually has a lot of people living in it. So, the chances of you actually seeing Pee Pob is very unlikely because the ratio of you every even seeing one is not 1:10, but rather 1:1000 or more because Laos is not all country and rice fields.

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
There are "pee pob" everywhere including US. I witnessed "pee pob" went into someone during my visit to US several years ago. It was very scary! The paramedic came and they don't even know what to do. They did there routine, but they can't stop her from going crazy. They shock her and everything, but nothing work. Someone in the family call her relative because they were so scare and they didn't want to lose their mom. This man came right away and he knows "ga-ta" to get "pee pob" out (paramedic was shock). So, they asked that man to go into the ambulance with them, in case it happens again. I remember that "ga-ta" man asked "pee pob" why are you here and what do you want? Paramedic took her to the hospital to get tested, but all tests are good. Usually "pee pob" like to possess sick people or people feeling sick (kao kon on), especially babies. That's why when babies cried at night you want to say "ga-ta" or take to elders that know "ga-ta". Some people raise "pee pob" and they command them(pee pob is usually pass down from generation to generation because someone great great great grandparents promise to take care of it in return for favor; however, if the current generation don't take care of it, then "pee pob" would kill them). If they don't raise or treat it right it will go into other people. The only way for pee pob to go away from that possessed person is you either need a monk or a person that know "ga-ta" (buddhist chant or magic). You guys ever heard of "Mae Dee Nung?" That is the lady that raise or take care of "pee pob." "Mae Dee Nung" knows how to handle "pee pob." I am pretty sure some of you guys might have attended the ceremony put on by "mae dee nung." If you ever see a big rock in someone's bath tub. Don't touch it. I don't know why you guys want to talk about "pee pob" because it is not good to talk about it.
{knock on your knees }

I think this is the pee that you guys are referring too! If not, my apology.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
i've tried to dig up stories about this, and according to what i've been told, like many of u have said, pee pob is something that gets passed on. many of them have riches and wealth that they would like to guard, and most of the time, they've gotten it out of illegitimate means that's involved taking of other ppl's lives (but not always the case, some are just wealthy and don't want to let go of their wealth even after death). so what happens is they pass on that Pee Pob spirit to whoever is willing to guard their wealth, whether it be their own kids or anyone else who is willing. they don't just go around possessing ppl, but rather, eat the ppl. they feed off of human flesh and blood. so when u say they take on the baby and what not, they simply eat the darn baby, they don't care to possess it, that doesn't further their goal in protecting their wealth. however, if u are a greedy person urself and would like the wealth, u can easily be tempted to take on the Pee Pob spirit into your body, and continue living on to protect their dirty wealth while having to feed off of other humans to sustain ur life.

so this is what i've heard, any more diff. versions, please do share...i like scary stories ^_^

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I don't know....I'm very skeptical about this.
Most of the stories don't even line up. I think it's one of those cultural things, if you don't believe it can't be affected, it's the way voodoo works.
The whole eating people sounds like zombies to me. I think that could've been passed down generations after generations when someone came across a canabalist and thought that the person was some sort of demon or ghost, when it was really just a person eating another person. Then those people would pass down the stories to others and over time different details are added to it, most likely exaggerated.

That being said, I don't doubt there are ghosts and other worldly things out there, especially with all that I've experienced and have happened to my family the past 10 years BUT I'm still skeptical.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Most of the stories don't even line up. I think it's one of those cultural things, if you don't believe it can't be affected, it's the way voodoo works.
The whole eating people sounds like zombies to me. I think that could've been passed down generations after generations when someone came across a canabalist and thought that the person was some sort of demon or ghost, when it was really just a person eating another person. Then those people would pass down the stories to others and over time different details are added to it, most likely exaggerated.

That being said, I don't doubt there are ghosts and other worldly things out there, especially with all that I've experienced and have happened to my family the past 10 years BUT I'm still skeptical.
yeeah, i concur with u on the canabalist speculation...i have similar thoughts on that too :D

marduk

Sarnie Clown!

In a horror flick, I'd be the first to die. I'm a non-believer, a guy, and a minority. Damn it all to hell.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
In a horror flick, I'd be the first to die. I'm a non-believer, a guy, and a minority. Damn it all to hell.
lol....I'd be the one that people think would make it all the way through but does something stupid and dies half way through the movie.