Parties n celebration

Vanida

Save World Save Life
just telling that laos people whenever theres a b-day party or any party u always have to put money in the enevepole and go to people house and eat. Can't it be for eating and nothing to do with money jeeezzzzzz <_< but anyways its fun that u sing and dance with friend and family :D

dee

sarNie Egg
lol...that is sooo true....I wonder why too? its like a tradition or something....hahah...

missjoy

sarNie Elites
i don't think it has anything to do with tradition. that's just normal stuff that every culture does.

when you go to someone's birthday party, aren't they suppose to get a bday gift? Well, most Laotians don't buy gifts so in return, they just give money as a gift.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
missjoy said:
i don't think it has anything to do with tradition. that's just normal stuff that every culture does.

when you go to someone's birthday party, aren't they suppose to get a bday gift? Well, most Laotians don't buy gifts so in return, they just give money as a gift.
[post="72854"][/post]​

Yeah right, you're suppose to get a gift on your bday, but kon Lao dont even like to shop for themselves, why do it for others. LOL so heres some money, go get something you know u will like and want. And just parties, yeah they go for food, but kon Lao also bring the drinks. Yeah u go to the person's house to eat, but hey, here's the liquor, now lets get drunk. LOL

arissa

sarNie Elites
That is soooo true...Lao people dont like to give each other gifts.....so they give money instead......I feel like at every b-day party...or just a SOO Kuan...(warming).....its all the same...you arrive at the party...give the envelope to the host/hostess (b-day boy or girl)......eat...and chat with friends......and sometimes "lane Pai".......

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
LoL, yeah its all about the evelope- especially at weddings, they don't want no gifts they want da money...lol

jthepsen

sarNie Hatchling
To me, I've always thought that when the guests gives money to the hosts of the party is a gesture of helping the family out with the costs of the party. Whenever I have a party at my house, a lot of my parent's friends would come over to help with the cooking or bring something to the party. Those who don't just give money, but that doesn't mean those who came to help doesn't give money too. I dunno about some people, but I've always felt that when our guests comes to our party and gives us an envelope with money inside, helping out, or just bring's food that those people are very thoughtful. Besides, they're all like relatives and not just some people we know.

noungning

Heartless
well we have gatherings and parties that doesn't involve money, and it happens quite often where they'd just cook and call people over to eat and sing and dance. festive family i have, but anywho, i agree with jthepsen, helping out weddings and bdays with money is like a gesture of helping them out for what they've paid for to make this event happen. and another is also like a gift, money is given instead of a present which ppl doesn't like to sit and figure out what likes what and who wants what, so giving money is the easiest there is.