Palm reading

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
Have anyone ever done palm reading before? :blink:
Since the mole thread was pretty cool i thought i'll post up a thread about palm reading.
First, i'll tell sum of the stuff my mom have told me.
- she tole me that if u have a mole on ur (palm) hand then you'll be rich.
- another is that if u see a [vertical] line that goes across ur
hand [and does not have a break] then it means u'll probably have more than one husband or wife.
- one thing my aunt just told me today was if u see some line that creates a rectangle or square [sorta like a 4 side shape] in the center of ur palm then it means that u are a person that knows how to manage ur money.
[but i doubt this one is true. idk]
- if ur pinky is really short, it means u won't live long.

what do u guys think? true? yeah? no? Have u ever done any palm reading before or have heard/know of any? i think it'll be a an interesting topic to talk about, plz let me know what u think.​

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
Okay, I've got a lot to say on this topic, so bare with me....

They say don't let people read your palm for you b/c you never know if your life is actually good, and then that person (is jealous of your life) and turns it around to make your life bad, or vice versa.

My sister-in-law's mother and them came from laos. On their way over here to the U.S., they met a guy. He told My sister-in-law's mother that he can read palms and would they like him to? She says No b/c they're in a hurry and they don't want their palms to be read. The guy took one look at her and said out loud "You're going to have 3 daughters and 3 sons; 1 son is going to be with you for only a short while, one is going to be a prince, one isn't going to love you that much." So they come over here and had three sons. The oldest one, he doesn't love his mother that much, as from I can see (my sister-in-law complains about it all the time). The Middle one, he sprain his leg and he's handicapped so they have to do everything for him (so in this case, not an actual prince, but a prince you got to serve him in everyway..) and the youngest son....of course, died at the age of 12...so he didn't get to stay that long with his parents. I don't know if that counts as palm reading but it's believe people can curse you instead.

I volunteer at a place and know a lot of Ogs. I am close to a lady whose marry and talks a lot. Fun to be around with. Then one day the topic of palm-reading was brought up. They were talking about it and then during break time, I sat next to her and she just took my hand and looked at my palm. I was like "WTH?" but then she was reading my palm. I usually don't let people do read your palm on me but since I knew her I was just like okay whatever. So after looking, she says "Oh mis ntxhais aws, Xais txiv ces xais tus kom zoo os. Koj siab ntej ntej es, cas koj yuam tau ib tus txiv siab lub uab luab lis os..." (translationg: "Oh, daughter, pick your husband wisely. You have such a long temper but your husband is going to have short temper...) I was just like WhAT?! loLXD Sounds more like my older sister who got marreid to this selfish and greedy bastard, but whatever.

LmaoXD For me I usually think it's all just supersitions and depends on if you believe in it or not. LOL either that or either we wait till I get marry, we'll see if it's true or not; and I'll come back and comment on here. LolXD Now I'm usually a person who don't go out and get to know people so it may take a while.. LmaoXD For me though, I usually go against that idea of letting people read your palm because, what's in the future, is in the future. Whatever happens, happens. I don't want to know ahead of time...lolXD

pangnerlicious

sarNie Adult
whaa! how sad Zoua! i feel sad for ur sisters in law's mothers life.
i never had anyone read my palm before. eeven though i always look at my palm.
lol and i look at all my friends palm to see if theirs are similar to mines. lol

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
whaa! how sad Zoua! i feel sad for ur sisters in law's mothers life.
lol and i look at all my friends palm to see if theirs are similar to mines. lol
Yea. People often say those people can curse your life but you never know if they're good or bad.

I don't like my palm being read lol so whatever. I just think it depends on if you believe in them or not.

mainira

sarNie Hatchling
OMG! i want my hand to be read but i am so scared because of superstition. i want to share this though. my mom can't read palm but from what she heard her father say was that if you have a line in the middle of your palm that goes all the way thru, it means that you're clumsy. but who knows what it really mean........

Sherrie

sarNie Adult
It is scary especially in the Hmong culture because we have so many superstitions and taboos---I think palm reading is a taboo (caiv). You are not suppose to let people read your hand because if they say misfortune words to you, then you'll actually receive those misfortune words and your life can turn upside down. Another example is if a palm reader reads your hand and finds out that you will have a better life (tau nom tau tswv ua...muaj neej zoo) they might do something so that you will be in misfortune and make your life miserable when you're suppose to have a very good and happy life. They do it out of jealousy.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
It is scary especially in the Hmong culture because we have so many superstitions and taboos---I think palm reading is a taboo (caiv). You are not suppose to let people read your hand because if they say misfortune words to you, then you'll actually receive those misfortune words and your life can turn upside down. Another example is if a palm reader reads your hand and finds out that you will have a better life (tau nom tau tswv ua...muaj neej zoo) they might do something so that you will be in misfortune and make your life miserable when you're suppose to have a very good and happy life. They do it out of jealousy.
Yea that's what I keep hearing the Ogs telling me and other people around me say too. I never do palm reading
But for my case, the old lady just went ahead and read my hand. I don't know why but yea. I knew the old lady and she seems like a kind old lady, but IDK and don't really believe these things so lolXD

shingying

sarNie Egg
Okay, there was this one time when my father isn't feeling well and we have a shaman came over to do a shamanic ritual for my father. After the shamanic ritual and the feast was over with. This shaman is a lady and her husband is also a shaman too. Anyway, before we sent the shaman and her husband home. She looked at me (directly looking at my face).....like she was observing my face along with her husband.. Her and her husband said a lot of good things about me...and she said she wanted me to date one of her son or cousin because I am a good person with a good heart and on...and on........pretty interesting though.....and pretty scary at the same time....My mom was just laughing and my mom said....nws yeej yog li koj hais thiab los mas...vim hais tias peb tus ntxhais no nws yeej siab siab zoo thiab os....so yeap...honestly, I don't know how people can just look at your face and study your face and know exactly what type of person you are....

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
They say don't let people read your palm for you b/c you never know if your life is actually good, and then that person (is jealous of your life) and turns it around to make your life bad, or vice versa.

My sister-in-law's mother and them came from laos. On their way over here to the U.S., they met a guy. He told My sister-in-law's mother that he can read palms and would they like him to? She says No b/c they're in a hurry and they don't want their palms to be read. The guy took one look at her and said out loud "You're going to have 3 daughters and 3 sons; 1 son is going to be with you for only a short while, one is going to be a prince, one isn't going to love you that much." So they come over here and had three sons. The oldest one, he doesn't love his mother that much, as from I can see (my sister-in-law complains about it all the time). The Middle one, he sprain his leg and he's handicapped so they have to do everything for him (so in this case, not an actual prince, but a prince you got to serve him in everyway..) and the youngest son....of course, died at the age of 12...so he didn't get to stay that long with his parents. I don't know if that counts as palm reading but it's believe people can curse you instead.
Yeah i have heard that a lot, even my mother told my sisters/bros not to let anyone read their palm cuz they might curse you too.
-
omg i feel bad for your sister-in-law's mother. :(

Lol, i do the same too! :p

Yeah, my mom told me that too.

Okay, there was this one time when my father isn't feeling well and we have a shaman came over to do a shamanic ritual for my father. After the shamanic ritual and the feast was over with. This shaman is a lady and her husband is also a shaman too. Anyway, before we sent the shaman and her husband home. She looked at me (directly looking at my face).....like she was observing my face along with her husband.. Her and her husband said a lot of good things about me...and she said she wanted me to date one of her son or cousin because I am a good person with a good heart and on...and on........pretty interesting though.....and pretty scary at the same time....My mom was just laughing and my mom said....nws yeej yog li koj hais thiab los mas...vim hais tias peb tus ntxhais no nws yeej siab siab zoo thiab os....so yeap...honestly, I don't know how people can just look at your face and study your face and know exactly what type of person you are....
Omg, i was going to bring that up too. Some people can read ur forehead and see ur future. For example one of my brother's workers he's old already and is a hmong-chinese man n he knows how to read forehead, but he can only tell u if u want to read ur own fortune. My mom is a shaman so she only tell us a few tips [like i've said above] but she dunt read our palms too, she's only look at it for once. and she definitely said 2 of my older brothers might married twice. its scary....

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
my cousin had her palm read at the fresno new year. NOT TRUE of course. The lady told her that she will marry another guy besides her boyfriend && she ended up marrying her boyfriend. the lady told her friend that her friend's boyfriend is her soulmate and they ended up breaking up & having an ugly ending... blah~

chongsong

sarNie Egg
It's true, but I don't know any hmong plam readers, tarot readers, cat bone divine-ers or clairvoyants who can help me. Can anyone direct me to one who can?