overcharged...

I went to Wendy's and I purchased a meal that cost me $8.73. When I got my bank statement they charged me $9.73. So they charged me $1 more... If you think about it; some say its ONLY ONE DOLLAR but in my eyes that's alot... Because I have little money and I rarely go out and eat. I really want to get my dollar back because I work ever so hard for my dollar but yet if I go back to that Wendy's I dont want to look dumb complaining about a DOLLAR. So should I go and tell them that they overcharged me by ONE DOLLAR or should I just let it go... What do you think?

noungning

Heartless
^ omg, they do?

well, whatever the case... if u wanna go back u need proof. which is your receipt and your bank statement which has the same date on there as the transaction receipt from wendy's, actually no, it wouldn't have same date because it takes up to 3 business days to process and hit your card. but yeah, if u wanted to go and actually get $1 back... u have to show proof... because it could've been human error. the person said 8.73 instead of 9.73 and if the receipt says 9.73, then tough luck.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Most fastfood charge if you swipe your card. So you might want to be careful too, I usually ask if they charge extra for using a card.

hithxbye

sarNie Juvenile
i have never heard of any fast food place charging you $1 for using a card.

and i would just let it go, its only a dollar, i think its just too much work to go back in there to get your money back

judyp

sarNie Adult
yeap, theres certain fast food restaurants that do charge for swiping. i know carl's jr and burger king does for sure. im not too sure about wendy's.

wha! what other places charge for swiping the card? :eek: i got to start carrying around cash.

no. don't go back for the $1. i remember going back to rite-aid about something before, & the manager flat out said i could be lying even after i said go look at your fackin' security camera. :lol: & it was for about 4-5 bucks i think. can't remember, but i went to the back & got extra free cough med. for my cousin. i was going to get something, if not cash, going back. pffft. <_<

REALLY NOW... :eek: Shoo I didnt know that fast food charge to use your card... I mean it was a debit card... Also I still have my receipt too... Since when do fast food business do that... Its totally understandable that banks do it if you use another differ bank to pull money... but fast food... are you for reals... sheesh... I duno wat to say... Okae thanks for the inputs buddies... I have to think about it... and yes the cashier did say 8.73 because it was my meal and my co-worker. damn... that s*cks!!!

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
yeah I've never heard fast food places charging to swipe a debit card...i do know that if you use a certain type of debit card such as from school then maybe you will be charged for swiping your debit card each time. The debit card I got from school for financial aid money charges me 50 cents everytime i swipe my debit card as debit so instead I swipe it as credit so i won't get charged the fee.

little

sarNie Adult
i get what u mean like when i go to the store they sometimes overcharge me. Sometimes it seems little but it always adds up. I hate it cuz their getting richer charging us extra while we are suffering with bills. But i always let go cuz i would come home first and calculate or sometimes the asian stores don't give receipts so it's too late then to go back and get refund plus it's with the hassle to talk back.

noungning

Heartless
it's pretty much easy to see why... because the fast food place doesn't want to pay for u using your card instead of cash, but like many, i've never heard of it... gotta check my receipts closer than i've been lol.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Wow this post is a little far back.. but about the charging the card issue from what I know if they are going to charge you extra they have to make you aware of it. They have to tell you.. because you aren't authorizing it if they don't tell you before they charge you. Also even if they charge you for that extra dollar for using your card then they should include it on the receipt... The places I've been they always tell me, "It's a dollar charge for using a credit card/debit card. Are you ok with that?" Well you can't really say no... because you have no cash (unless you have cash) LOL anyways .. then when you say yes ok.. that's the authorization that they need.

I agree with little sometime's a little tend to add up. I have bad experience when it comes to be overcharged for stuff. Sometimes restaurant write in their own tips or add their own tips. Like when I would tip them 10 dollars. They change it to like 15 dollars. This is on a meal that cost me like 20 bucks! I always go back and argue.. because when you sign the receipt you get the duplicate.. Now imagine if I go to 5 different restaurants and they all do that it adds up to about 25 extra dollars right? That's gas money dude!

Always keep a transaction record when it comes to using your card... because w.o proof most of the time you really can't do anything...

Like Walmart.. One time I spent about 250 Grocery shopping.. Well I charged it and it didn't show on my bank statement. I was aware of it and I mean theres always more than 250 in my account... well 6 months later they charged it...My bank later returned that payment saying that Walmart had no proof that I made that transaction which they didn't like dude 6 months later? Now that's not right.. I knew that it was a valid transaction but I didn't say anything -.-" LOL because I mean it's like one of those things... 6 months people may lose track heck some people don't even use registers to keep track of their accounts... anyways in that 6 months if it were someone else and lost track what if they didn't have 250 in their account or if they had money set aside for something else like rent, car, bills etc.. and then that 250 vanish's then aren't they screwed? they would have overdraft charges returned charges and etc...

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
yep some fast food restuarant does have a processing fee...burger king for example..and yes they are supposed to ask you or atleast notify you before making the transaction..which by the way i havent heard them asking me lately..wth!

OMG tina are you serious...it took them that long to withdraw or to show on your bank stmtnt? damn...i dont blame ya...i cant even remember everything i did yesterday..much less 6 freaking months ago!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
$1 or $20, I'd definitely call to let them know. They should refund you the extra $1 they charged you.

I've never heard of a processing fee for fast food resturants and I use to work at one. Then again, every state is different.
Usually they have a min. if you want to charge it because the bank charges them for processing credit cards.
Usually anything above $5 should cover the charge. If it's more they're suppose to tell you, if they don't it's their fault and they shouldn't have charged you.
There should also be a sign at all the registers, doors and even drive through window, even when you place orders to notify customers of a min. for credit card and the processing charge. Anything less and you have the right to ask for that extra money the charged you.

When I worked at a gift shop there was a credit card min. and we had signs everywhere, we even had to remind the customers before they swipe their credit card if it's under the min.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
heheh yes theres a processing fee...like gas station for example everytime you wanna use your debit/credit card its $0.45 each transaction. they have a sign outside and when its inside the cashier is supposed to remind ya...hmm...i dont know if mcdonalds and other fast food places does it..but next time i go to one..i will come back to let you guys know..lol

and since we are talking bout processing fees..at the asian stores we get charged too...and each store does charges differently too..i know this one asian store charges almost $1 while another one charges 50 cents per transaction (i dont really keep track of this stuff since its hassle to try to get money out of the atm machine..geez esp if its not one from your bank..which cost even more $1.50 plus the fee your bank charges you too..) they are making money off of your money... <_<

Muddie Murda

smile...
Noticed all the folks saying that fast food charge a fee for cards are from Cali. lol I think it's only in Cali.

I hope it doesn't spread. This is the first hearing it.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
Noticed all the folks saying that fast food charge a fee for cards are from Cali. lol I think it's only in Cali.

I hope it doesn't spread. This is the first hearing it.

LOL i didnt even notice that ...thanks for pointing it out!

not to mention theres only 3 of us from cali

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
funny you mentioned Wendy's cause just 4 weeks ago, Wendy's double charged me. My meal was 6 dollar and some change, but when I saw my statement, it was double that! And then just two days ago, again they double charged me! Either they need to upgrade their machines or hire someone who knows how to do math.

So I called the manager and bitched at how it didn't happened, once, but twice! So I got my money back, plus a free meal. But after that, I'm not going to eat at Wendy's again.