[OneHD] Songkram Nang Ngarm (Exact)

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
I'm most excited for Son & Jes, gosh! They're such good looking guys! And this will be Aon's first lakorn, too so it'll be nice seeing him!
Wondering who's main girl. And agree with you guys, none of the girls look worthy enough to end up with any of the guys, haha.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
RukTurMotJai said:
SKNN coming this October...
I love Son and I'm really liking Jes too but like @thatsouthernasianchick, I'm looking forward to watching Aon. I hope he has somewhat of a big role.
@Anonymous95 This is Aon :)
Oooh. He is cute. ;) :coverlaf:

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
FYI, this lakorn just started airing.

I glanced through the first episode and I have to say it's not really my cup of tea. It's like a reality/documentary lakorn - although I don't think anyone's playing themself and no one's being interviewed "off screen." It's also pretty racy (which I suppose depicts real life situations and actions). I don't recognize most of the contestants, and I honestly have no idea what most of these ladies are doing to their bodies. I get they're trying to beautify themselves, but some of the things they're doing, I can only guess at its purpose. The contestant that Son hit on, is she supposed to be the n'ek? She's not that pretty, but she's not ugly either. However, it's quite unethical for a judge to be hitting on one of the contestants. But then again, it's not like that never happens in real life. And it's a lakorn after all.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
x0unerthanlater said:
The way they filmed this was sort of weird. It looked like a commercial the whole time. Lol
True. It has the feel of a film or cable show and yet I don't think it is (a cable show) because One HD is Exact's channel.

Anonymous95 said:
I didn't know this lakorn was already airing. Where can I watch it on YouTube?
You can check out the first episode here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RIzB_iUPAk

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Thank you Lenlin. :) I really dislike how it looks like a film or reality show rather than a lakorn. And the episodes are only thirty minutes?? That's so short! I was actually looking forward to watching this, but now I'm not interested anymore. Not my cup of tea.

sarNie Adult
I didn't really like the first 10-15 mins into the lakorn, but it got better. I'm glad they keep playing snippets about all the girls, because I can't remember who's who. :scratchhead2:

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
I'm so enjoying this lakorn! The way it's filmed is supposed to be like that. New camera and a fresh and modern style, fit for the trendy, reality/documentary-like storytelling. You can tell that's the intention and it looks good. :)

At first sight, it isn't like anything I'd actually initiate to watch, but I've been looking forward since I'm a fan of Son. I always look forward to seeing his acting progress and I prefer seeing it with his work with Exact. I LOVE his last Exact lakorn and I'm relieved he's kept up with the acting chops. I'm so proud of him, it looks good here.

The drama is pretty impressive so far! It's pretty bold and racy, but I like the style of direction and how each contestant gets her spotlight without taking away screen time for the couples' relationship build-up. I also like it that it's women-centric, not only of the contestants but of their mentors.~ The men are an extension to the women's beauty talent experience. Girl power!

I'm enjoying the love lines in the drama. Khun Kong (Son) and Khun Waii (Yingying), and Jes-??? we don't know with which girl for sure, but it's not too hard to guess. The spunky girl is so cute! I love her character but don't know her name or the actress. I think her and Yingying are very cute. I can care less for Olivier's "love line", if you can call it that. It's too shallow and scandalous for my interest.

I like how they show how each girl came to join the competition. Although she has a big ego, I like the doctor because she's the older one of them and you know she's headstrong, but just hurt and bitter at the world over her ex's marriage. But I also really like our nang'ek because she's what reminds us all that this is afterall, a lakorn. She's poor and pretty and pursuing the title to help her sick nong sao. But since I'm not proficient in Thai, the problem is that she's hiding something that's a threat to her status in the competition.

Hope you all are enjoying too.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
This lakorn should be pinned since it's airing! :)

I haven't been tuning into this lakorn. Maybe because it doesn't seem to be interesting me...
But from Songielove's post, I feel I should give it a try since I am a fan of Son and Jespipat.
I also find the cinematography very different from usual lakorns but indeed it's very unique.
Will give the first episodes a shot!

Don't know if anyone shared this yet but all ten of these ladies were introduced during the Star 10 Years of Love- Dance Stars Concert dancing with Kang the Star 10 to his single, 'Jub'. Yes, all ten of them danced with the lucky guy, Kang.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-K_Xkm7fY

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
so, even though itz kind of tough for me to get into this lakorn i will probably keep watching it...just bc it is unlike anything ive seen...like the layout of the filming and such. not gonna lie, it might take me a while though cuz i just cant take it seriously.

much if the script is beyond unrealistic and over the top despite being based upon a true story. i know many lakorns are a stretch but this one is reeeeeally a stretch. so it might be tough for me to seriously get through it.

anyways, so far, ive only been able to watch the first episode. these were the things that thoroughly shocked me...

-the english title beauty and the bitches...lol...
-the use of english profanities such as (ahem, pardon me) 'fuck you'
-the penis shaped carving which one contestant uses as holy charm...but for some reason i like her character...lol...
-the fact that the casting directors were not able to find even ONE pretty enough girl to play a beauty pageant contestant...like, many of these girls are even below mediocre...then the rest are just regular pretty...
-and finally, the unrealistic-ness of some of the characters. i mean, some of it is over-acting, but much of it is more poor directing/writing. one example is the doctor chick...im sorry, but not even the lowest or the most immature of a regular person (let alone a doctor) acts that ditzy, bitchy and stuck up all in one package...she would have never made it to doctor status...

therez more stuff, but the things i mentioned above alone is enough for u to catch my drift...lol...

Leix

sarNie Egg
I actually enjoy this series. I think the contestant that Son is hitting on is/was a dude. I think the shots she gets from her sister are hormone shots and the birth control pills are for estrogen. I am cheering on Summer and the doctor chick; they're not crazy like the others lol.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Thookatha said:
much if the script is beyond unrealistic and over the top despite being based upon a true story. i know many lakorns are a stretch but this one is reeeeeally a stretch. so it might be tough for me to seriously get through it.

-the fact that the casting directors were not able to find even ONE pretty enough girl to play a beauty pageant contestant...like, many of these girls are even below mediocre...then the rest are just regular pretty...
-and finally, the unrealistic-ness of some of the characters. i mean, some of it is over-acting, but much of it is more poor directing/writing. one example is the doctor chick...im sorry, but not even the lowest or the most immature of a regular person (let alone a doctor) acts that ditzy, bitchy and stuck up all in one package...she would have never made it to doctor status...

Hahah, yeah. I agree, the directing and script is pretty bad. This lakorn is still filming, why the rush to air? That's probably one of the many aspects as to why everything is done so poorly. Plus, I think Exact probably thought that with a catchy title, some cat fights, long legged models, and heated scenes, it is considered good?

Everything is exaggerated wayyy too much plus all of the newbies and their acting and then the oldies and their acting isn't any much higher or better. :shrug:

Ohhh yeah, the girls in here are so not pretty. I know there are tons of pretty girls out there or at least on IG. Hahaha.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
aiyaja said:
Hahah, yeah. I agree, the directing and script is pretty bad. This lakorn is still filming, why the rush to air? That's probably one of the many aspects as to why everything is done so poorly. Plus, I think Exact probably thought that with a catchy title, some cat fights, long legged models, and heated scenes, it is considered good?

Everything is exaggerated wayyy too much plus all of the newbies and their acting and then the oldies and their acting isn't any much higher or better. :shrug:

Ohhh yeah, the girls in here are so not pretty. I know there are tons of pretty girls out there or at least on IG. Hahaha.
agreed!

Rated 18+...I've never seen a lakorn rated 18+ before and honestly after watching all of the episodes that are currently out, I don't even know how I feel about this one. I do know for a fact that the title suits the lakorn so damn right. Lol. Sure, most of them aren't beautiful or appealing in any way but beauty is the theme of the lakorn and these girls are bitches. Haha!
I think among them all, I like Summer and Waii the most. Summer is the American-ish girl and Waii is the one that catches Son's eyes. I love Summer's adorable personality and I just love how sweet Waii is and let's hope that these two remain that way and don't get involved in bitch fights and stuff. I hope that Waii girl isn't a transgender because it's what I'm hypothesizing at the moment. Whoever plays her is a pretty good actress for a newbie. She smiles when she needs to and when she does, it shows exactly how she's feeling. She isn't beautiful or pretty but there is something about her that I like. Summer is the prettiest to me but she needs to be more mature if she's wanting to continue fighting for the crown. Lol.
And...I don't know if it's just me or the picture quality of this lakorn seems like it's shot from a simple digital camera and the frames itself is seemingly enhanced afterwards. I'm used to it but it doesn't feel like a real lakorn exactly.
I honestly don't even know how I feel about this one...

songielove

sarNie Juvenile
I know we watch lakorns for the eye candy too, but really? We can't be that shallow. The more I watch the actresses in their characters, the more I find them attractive. So far, the unpretty ones are the ones with the nasty personalities who are just plain mean.-- Obviously, I'm looking at their characters, not the actresses. Nobody is really ever ugly, it's your personality that makes you that way. So no, I don't agree that the actresses are not pretty, lol. My favorites are Waii, Summer, and the contestant with the beauty pageant experience (with the weird wooden holy charm, lol). I agree, some things are exaggerated. Maybe I'm just old fashioned or choose to live my life differently, but I dont believe it that girls would start problems and have them elevate to cat fighting at the end of the day. But then, I do believe that there are arrogant and bitter people in the world. Also, the doctor could be smart in her practice, but that doesn't mean she has good social skills. It's totally reasonable she wouldn't be street smart when shes such a young doctor. My point is, it's based on a true story, but it has to be dramatized in scriptwriting and directing too. So take what you want from the lakorn and throw out what you think isn't logical. I try to reason with most things, it's the only way I'll be able to enjoy anything I watch, especially lakorns.

I agree that Yingying is doing pretty well for a newbie. Even though there aren't enough scenes of her and Son, I like all of their scenes. The chemistry is there, so that's a starter! When shes about to cry, you see it in her expression that she's holding them back, but you also hear it in her voice too. I dont know what she's hiding, but if it has anything to do with a sex change, then I commend Exact for being openly progressive on the issue. I would expect it from them over any other production house; it's a good thing. But then, I really don't know what she's hiding. I thought it had something to do with her identity/citizenship at first because that's just as important a criteria in a national competition, but I dont know what the shots would have to do with it, unless she's ill too.

I'm excited for ep7! I probably am the only one.. XD