[OneHD] Kahon Maha Ratuek (Exact) : Pong Nawat / Vill Wannarot

lanblue

sarNie Hatchling
Sorry to have made a big mistake. Correction of the EP1 rating number: 1.5 (not 3.4). And for EP2: 1.3.
EP1: https://twitter.com/noomayadrama/status/968378806775042053
EP2: https://twitter.com/noomayadrama/status/968729383442763776

And the Chiense-subbed videos are available already. Big applause to the FirstCS subbing team.
https://www.diyidan.com/user/posts/6294196636853953017/1

Oh, there's another version of Chinese-subbed clips. So grateful for the BieSukrit and VVC subbing teams.
http://www.diyidan.com/user/posts/6294189047310832666/1

I suppose both teams will keep on rolling out subbed videos. You may follow their channels for future updates.

Last edited:

lanblue

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks again for Vill's CN fans for the Chinese-subbed BTS clip: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20459802/?from=search&seid=6137979761912887273.

Vill acts as a Thai teacher who's good at memorizing poems. This one is the poem Vill and Pong recited in this video and @28:56 of EP2. A very beautiful poem, said to be very popular in Thailand. Hope my translation is okay.
Flowers lose their scent
Flowers lose their charm
How sad, alas
In numerous days and nights, they hum
How many days and nights will it take for me to stop missing you​

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
Thanks again for Vill's CN fans for the Chinese-subbed BTS clip: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av20459802/?from=search&seid=6137979761912887273.

Vill acts as a Thai teacher who's good at memorizing poems. This one is the poem Vill and Pong recited in this video and @28:56 of EP2. A very beautiful poem, said to be very popular in Thailand. Hope my translation is okay.
Flowers lose their scent
Flowers lose their charm
How sad, alas
In numerous days and nights, they hum
How many days and nights will it take for me to stop missing you​
Thank you for sharing :icon12:

P

PrincessKarina

Pong is a decent actor but I want Toomtam and Vill to pair up again! I miss them on screen! What’s up with Toomtam playing support or second leads only? This is so sad! I like Toomtam! :(

lanblue

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks again for CN lakorn fans. As the story evolves, the murder cases become so dreadful that some members are afraid to time or even view the videos. Still, they subbed all the Kahon Maha Ratuek episodes and two videos, one for promotion and the other a BTS clip, of Kahon Maha Ratuek.
1. All episodes: http://www.diyidan.com/user/home/6294189047310832666
2. The Promotion clip: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av21307541
3. BTS clip: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av22261138

The promotion clip is a TV interview with Pong, Vill, Oh, and Prapt. Some wonder why the end result was revealed so early. According to Prapt, the novel author, however, some twists are finely weaved and more is to come. The narration of the lakorn is different from that of the novel. Even Prapt himself finds it intriguing to see how the lakorn is to develop with each episode. They made some necessary changes, e.g., some later clues were moved and embedded in the second case. The scenes were not shot in chronological order, and so the actors felt confused from time to time when filming separate scenes. The crew also made lots of efforts in visualizing the novel scenes. Oh was amazed when he realized some of the rust spots on the wall were painted. Still, it's quite challenging a lakorn for the viewers. Many of the details (like the actors' gestures, facial expressions, and lines) are meaningful. You may have missed some important puzzle piece when you blink. And because it is a rarely seen genre of Thai lakorns, Prapt was surprised when being contacted for the lakorn adaptation, and the hostess stressed that it was indeed a risky investment. Haven't got time to watch all subbed episodes yet. It seems Oh is the killer, but the host said Vill is fishy as well. . . . Just wait and see.

VILLNAN

sarNie OldFart
I haven't watched yet but based on ssch that coming out for each episode he killed for whoever Vill wants maybe....

cr

dash

sarNie Hatchling
Hi is there any son Vill shipper watching this ? Today’s episode will reunite sonyuke and Vill again because he has come as a special guest star

dash

sarNie Hatchling
Is there Anyone our there who will sub this drama ? I really - really want to watch it but sadly it seems no one picked up this drama yet

dash

sarNie Hatchling
Vill was heavily praised for her role as Pananid and as a fan I so look forward for her newest lakorn

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
What an ambitious lakorn. You don't see this kind of procedural very often in Thailand and it's a refreshing change of pace. Here you get your revenge fix if you're into that but it's nothing like the getting vengeance on someone and then falling in love with them type lakorn. The acting is superb and this is some of Pong's best acting. I've noticed that Vill does this thing with her mouth when she speaks her lines, I've watched a bunch of her lakorns and she does this all the time, it's a little distracting but her acting is pretty good here. Her makeup is so pretty here too.

The details, hidden clues, and word play is executed perfectly. When Mor Tey touched Nid's knee, I was like hell no something is wrong and it's just as disgusting as I could have imagined. I knew something was off when she got injured and caused sarawat to leave Captain. Nid is a complex character, the lakorn did a good job to not tell you how to feel about her. You have to make up your own mind whether she is a cold hearted murderess or a pitiful, damaged individual. For me, I think her only saving grace is that she genuinely loves her husband and step child but she is messed up for coming up with such an elaborate plan and pretty much ruining Klah's life along with hers. Klah and Nid were never happy in their lives because they were so focused on vengeance. Klah is a victim of Nid's rage, she pretty much pushed him further into evil. He seemed to have wanted to quickly end his vengeance so he could finally find happiness living with Aum and his aunt. Poor Aum. When Nid killed Aum, I hated her. She was past redeeming there. They also needed to be more clear about Klah going back to hit Captain's daughter over the head and what that did for the Nid's plans. I also hated how they killed off Tack's character, he's so fun and he's smarter and more determined than even the p'ek and Krabi. The only murder I agreed with was Mor Tey. He's such a disgusting character and the way he didn't give up trying to harass Nid even after she got married was messed up. He deserved all the torture he received.

This is a nice change of pace for Pong, stepping away from the adulterer kind of role into a role where he is determined, responsible and at times emotionally vulnerable. I felt really bad for Sarawat Weytang, it was so hard for him to have to live a life where he is distrusts the woman he loves most. I would have liked to know more about how Sarawat and Nid met and why she married him. I kind of interpreted Nid marrying Sarawat because it was a good escape from her rapist as well as she could be close to a police officer who would be very close to her murder cases.

The cameos were a fun addition. I had fun going "oh there's Captain, oh there's Aom, oh there's Jes, oh there's Son". I wished it didn't end on such a cliff hanger though, we don't know if there is going to be a sequel or not. Overall this lakorn was a real downer, it really plays with your emotions and you get pretty depressed watching it. The pace was also a little slow, it could have moved a little faster with a tiny bit more action. But it's pretty well made with good acting all around.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
What an ambitious lakorn. You don't see this kind of procedural very often in Thailand and it's a refreshing change of pace. Here you get your revenge fix if you're into that but it's nothing like the getting vengeance on someone and then falling in love with them type lakorn. The acting is superb and this is some of Pong's best acting. I've noticed that Vill does this thing with her mouth when she speaks her lines, I've watched a bunch of her lakorns and she does this all the time, it's a little distracting but her acting is pretty good here. Her makeup is so pretty here too.

The details, hidden clues, and word play is executed perfectly. When Mor Tey touched Nid's knee, I was like hell no something is wrong and it's just as disgusting as I could have imagined. I knew something was off when she got injured and caused sarawat to leave Captain. Nid is a complex character, the lakorn did a good job to not tell you how to feel about her. You have to make up your own mind whether she is a cold hearted murderess or a pitiful, damaged individual. For me, I think her only saving grace is that she genuinely loves her husband and step child but she is messed up for coming up with such an elaborate plan and pretty much ruining Klah's life along with hers. Klah and Nid were never happy in their lives because they were so focused on vengeance. Klah is a victim of Nid's rage, she pretty much pushed him further into evil. He seemed to have wanted to quickly end his vengeance so he could finally find happiness living with Aum and his aunt. Poor Aum. When Nid killed Aum, I hated her. She was past redeeming there. They also needed to be more clear about Klah going back to hit Captain's daughter over the head and what that did for the Nid's plans. I also hated how they killed off Tack's character, he's so fun and he's smarter and more determined than even the p'ek and Krabi. The only murder I agreed with was Mor Tey. He's such a disgusting character and the way he didn't give up trying to harass Nid even after she got married was messed up. He deserved all the torture he received.

This is a nice change of pace for Pong, stepping away from the adulterer kind of role into a role where he is determined, responsible and at times emotionally vulnerable. I felt really bad for Sarawat Weytang, it was so hard for him to have to live a life where he is distrusts the woman he loves most. I would have liked to know more about how Sarawat and Nid met and why she married him. I kind of interpreted Nid marrying Sarawat because it was a good escape from her rapist as well as she could be close to a police officer who would be very close to her murder cases.

The cameos were a fun addition. I had fun going "oh there's Captain, oh there's Aom, oh there's Jes, oh there's Son". I wished it didn't end on such a cliff hanger though, we don't know if there is going to be a sequel or not. Overall this lakorn was a real downer, it really plays with your emotions and you get pretty depressed watching it. The pace was also a little slow, it could have moved a little faster with a tiny bit more action. But it's pretty well made with good acting all around.
I really love reading your reviews on old lakorns. I stopped watching lakorns for almost five years until I watched Kluen Cheewit that brought me back in and right now I’ve been trying to find some old lakorns to watch while in this quarantine so I enjoy seeing your thoughts. I might try this out.