{ONE31} The Frog Prince : Son Yuke, Vill Wannarot

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
This airs Mondays to Thursdays 2330H, starting January 4th.

WTF, why sooo late at night?! Does One31 really think that this will flop when aired on primetime? Hahahahaha.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
This airs Mondays to Thursdays 2330H, starting January 4th.

WTF, why sooo late at night?! Does One31 really think that this will flop when aired on primetime? Hahahahaha.

Oh wow. So this isn’t primetime?

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I don’t know about others but I’m enjoying this version so far. It’s not too bad. The one currently airing is not as far ahead as the one released in China. I couldn’t wait for the later episodes so I went searching for the ones released to the Chinese audience. lol Gosh, he’s horrible to her. I’m here like, you better not forgive him so easily! But ofc that’s going to happen.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I saw a clip and it don't look bad. I seen the Taiwanese version....it did kind of drag a little

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Watching it now with eng sub. I don't know if they prefer Vill to act all cute but it just doesn't cut it for me when a n'ek looks a bit older and acts like she's starting junior high or high school. To me, Vill looks about 30. Anyway, episode 10 and onward is where the drama starts. It's ok, not something where I am anxiously waiting to see but I get to it when nothing else is interesting.

Finally watched episode 10. Might drop this because of Vill. Her acting is just all over the place. I don't know if it's over exaggeration or her trying too hard but I can't relate to her at all. For example, the dancing competition. It would have been a funny scene cause her dancing is goofy and awkward. But yet, I wanted the other girl to kick Vill off the stage so bad lol

Last edited:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Watching it now with eng sub. I don't know if they prefer Vill to act all cute but it just doesn't cut it for me when a n'ek looks a bit older and acts like she's starting junior high or high school. To me, Vill looks about 30. Anyway, episode 10 and onward is where the drama starts. It's ok, not something where I am anxiously waiting to see but I get to it when nothing else is interesting.

Finally watched episode 10. Might drop this because of Vill. Her acting is just all over the place. I don't know if it's over exaggeration or her trying too hard but I can't relate to her at all. For example, the dancing competition. It would have been a funny scene cause her dancing is goofy and awkward. But yet, I wanted the other girl to kick Vill off the stage so bad lol
Vill looks her age. She can't pull of slapstick comedy and convince she is genuinely a good person.

I didn't like the premise of the first episode but thank goodness it is not a replica of scenes from the original. Instead of a small village, it would have made more sense if this took place near a beach resort. And I didn't like the fact that she was conning people. I think that is why it is so hard to accept her as a genuine person.

I am hoping episode 2 would be a lot better.

Edit: this does have subtitles.

Last edited:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Vill looks her age. She can't pull of slapstick comedy and convince she is genuinely a good person.

I didn't like the premise of the first episode but thank goodness it is not a replica of scenes from the original. Instead of a small village, it would have made more sense if this took place near a beach resort. And I didn't like the fact that she was conning people. I think that is why it is so hard to accept her as a genuine person.

I am hoping episode 2 would be a lot better.

Edit: this does have subtitles.
Vill does best when it's drama. I don't think comedy is her strong talent. I went back and watched a little of Joe Chen's version and that's where Vill might get the n'ek personality from. The facial movements...especially the way Vill moves her mouth and smile is very overwhelming. She can be unlady like but I prefer the non aggressive approach to it. As I have mentioned, if this is a high school romance I wouldn't mind much if Vill acts all silly, goofy and doesn't quite know which direction to go in terms of her behaviors. But Vill doesn't look that age nor is the lakorn centered around that plot.

Anyway, the part where she has one of those angry silent cry she's rather convincing and I see glimpse of her acting. But when she's back to being tough or cute is when she completely lost me. But Son is so stinking cute in here I might endure it just for him. And Son's assistant/adoptive brother is charming. Something about him makes me want to see him on screen.

lakornfan8

sarNie Hatchling
Vill and Son look so good together. Son looks hot in suit. I don't really like these kind of characters for Vill, but Son's character was so mean. :(

its_ann

sarNie Juvenile
What’s up with her acting? I can’t get into it. Sigh. I used to like watching her lakorn, but haven’t been able to get into any of it since her last one with Toomtam.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
The struggle was real watching this lakorn even if I didn't finish it. I actually went and watched her first lakorn with Son and even when her acting wasn't polished I like her better than in her.

After seeing just a few minutes of episodes 11 and 12 I had to give up. I truly wanted to like the lakorn and kept up with it for as long as I could. But each episodes Vill acting reminded me as to why this was was no-no. Son couldn't even help lol

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I thought this lakorn was pretty good, it wasn't perfect but I was grinning like a fool during all of the cute scenes; so I guess that counts for something. I oh so dislike it when the Thais remake series from other countries but the plot to this was very stereotypically lakorn-like that I was okay with it.

I really enjoyed the amnesia scenes. Son made Tonnam such a cute character to watch and it was genuinely funny watching Lookbpat's family try to get rid of Tonnam. I'm such a sucker for revenge plots and while I enjoyed the revenge here to a certain extent, I think it wasn't executed very well and there was too much of the p'ek being mean while not enough of the p'ek falling for the n'ek or softening towards her. I'm usually okay with the p'ek being mean but there should be a good balance of him showing affection as well too. I wish there was a little more of the slap and kiss aspect too. The jealousy scenes were fun though and I loved the part where Khin took care of Lookbpat when she was sick. Call me biased but I still think Son and Vill are each other's best leading partner. Their chemistry is as good as ever and each cute scene had me wanting more. Son isn't the strongest actor but I think his stiffness works in his favour here since the character is cold. He did good with Tonnam though. AND he looks hella hot here; I went back to watch Kaew Lom Phet and his looks have come a long way. He has filled out in all the right places. Vill is getting real thin, she used to be meatier and it makes her look older. Vill's crying is also regressing more and more every time I watch her. She did okay with the comedy. I wished there were better love scenes here, seems like all the cute scenes were only during the amnesia parts. After Lookbpat went home, things became less interesting and the leads didn't get a lot of scenes together. I wish Lookbpat got Khin to grovel, I think he had things too easy, especially after being so cruel. Grovelling would have allowed for the leads to get a better developed ending. The ending needed some work and it felt rushed. All we got was a quickie kiss.

I think the weakest part of this lakorn is Nicha. Where did they get this actress? She's a serious miscast. Forgive me but she looks like she suits servant roles rather than a second lead. And her acting is incredibly weak. I know Son and Vill aren't the strongest but this chick is on a whole other level of weak acting. Plus, Kade is wayyyy too cute for her. Nicha was an annoying character, I felt that she was a little too whiny and wishy washy.

Anyways, I had fun watching this and I enjoyed it for the most part. I was sad to see it end so abruptly. The lakorn itself is pretty long but they didn't make good use of the time. Hopefully Son and Vill get to pair up again, anyone notice all their lakorns are remakes. I want something original for them, with some more skinship. I feel really cheated every time I watch them together and they don't get any intense and intimate scenes together like Vill and Toomtam have in their lakorns.