❤️[ONE31/Disney+ Hotstar] Love and Fortune (The One Enterprise): Toyy Pathompong / Bint Sireethorn / New Thitipoom / Paifah Orranut

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
They're really marketing this as Pei's comeback drama.

To be fair, this seems to have a traditional Disney feels. Perhaps why this will be part of Disney+ Hotstar catalogue.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid

Mannie

sarNie Adult
ending tomorrow. I really can’t with this lakorn. If you want to pull your hair out then watch it. Cause the characters are all so dumb and Toy’s character is too goody two shoes!! But it kept me watching it LOL. I guess I like the nam nao storyline. Nang aek is so pretty though I’m looking forward to more of her work!!

fallenangel12345

sarNie Hatchling
Finish watching the whole lakorn. The storyline was nam nao enough I could pretty much name up to 10 lakorns with similar ones. This one was marketed to be the comeback lakorn of Pei Panward, and boy how true it was. Everyone in this lakorn was so bland and dumb except Pei's character. Ngl I feel like she had the most screentime, where she pretty much screamed, yelled, plotted and oh man, overacted. It was like she was acting for a school play, and really I can't tell the differences between this role and her older characters she played. I still loved her evil smile though, it really made me feel frustrated which was a good thing (and also she screamed less when her character got older, which is good too). Hope she will be given a calm and caculating n'rai in the future, I really want to see her performance.

I can't stand Toy's character. I don't know if that's because of the way he acted or the character was just... weird. He showed little to no resistance towards anyone that harmed and looked down on him, and even when he was with Wasee, I can't really tell if he's in love with her or just being her friend. The moment when he knew he is Kelly's long lost son, the way he confronted his twin brother was just so anticlimatic, even in his facial expression and his voice. Sorry Toy, but I can't bring myself to believe you have had a rough life. I just can't.

Wasee was a good role. She was strong, smart and fought for her love. Sadly, sometimes Bint's acting can't bring such characteristics out yet but it's okay for a newcomer like her. Hope she can get better in the future.

The motivation for New's character hatred toward Toy was weak. I mean, I can get that when New didnt know Toy was his lost twin brother yet. However, after the truth was revealed, it still took him a long time to accept his own biological twin brother. Wth? He wasn't a bad character though. The way he cared about Plaifah's character and his apology for his father showed that he truly cared about his beloved ones.

Aside from Pei, maybe Plaifah is the most interesting character of this lakorn. She was smart, cunning and caculated, all the while being sweet and calm. She dreamed of having a good life, and when she had achieved that, she knew what was enough and went no further. Her relationship with Chai Pat was at first full of schemes, but the lakorn did make me believe they fell in love as time went by. So she was a "grey" character. Not as good as Wasee but certainly not bad as Mae Eung either. That's why her and Pei's ending were completely opposite. Plaifah is a really talented actress, she was able to pull off from psychotic characters like Sommapa from Sai Ruk Sai Sawat to a sweet girl with unrequited love in Barb Ruk. I really want to see OneHD push her to be a nangek, this girl can really act. Her acting was maybe the strongest among the kid generation.

Other than that, the lakorn is just... there. OneHD is usually very good with this kind of drama, which can be seen from their Reun series. However, I can't feel that in here. The music choice was terrible, it was anticlimatic and did nothing to intensify dramatic scenes to say the least. I love the OST but I don't think it suits the lakorn. What's the purpose of Wasee's friend and her servant anyway? At first I thought they would pose as love rivals for the main couple (her friend with New and her servant with Toy) but at the end they were just kinda forgotten, not to mention her friend showed extremely inconsistent character development (she was mad because Chai Pat was taken by Pim and then at one point she just said, screw that I realized Chai Pat woild never love me. Where was the turning point?). Not to mention royal horrifics were all over the place. The only saving grace is Plaifah and New couple, they should have been the main one. Toy and Bint's chemistry was so bland I hardly believed they were in love.

Edit: Apparently I forgot to give my rating. So here it is, 6/10. The lakorn was okay, easy to watch but nothing so memorable either. Some unnecessary drama was dragged too long. The low point was because the music was so eh.

Last edited:

Mannie

sarNie Adult
Finish watching the whole lakorn. The storyline was nam nao enough I could pretty much name up to 10 lakorns with similar ones. This one was marketed to be the comeback lakorn of Pei Panward, and boy how true it was. Everyone in this lakorn was so bland and dumb except Pei's character. Ngl I feel like she had the most screentime, where she pretty much screamed, yelled, plotted and oh man, overacted. It was like she was acting for a school play, and really I can't tell the differences between this role and her older characters she played. I still loved her evil smile though, it really made me feel frustrated which was a good thing (and also she screamed less when her character got older, which is good too). Hope she will be given a calm and caculating n'rai in the future, I really want to see her performance.

I can't stand Toy's character. I don't know if that's because of the way he acted or the character was just... weird. He showed little to no resistance towards anyone that harmed and looked down on him, and even when he was with Wasee, I can't really tell if he's in love with her or just being her friend. The moment when he knew he is Kelly's long lost son, the way he confronted his twin brother was just so anticlimatic, even in his facial expression and his voice. Sorry Toy, but I can't bring myself to believe you have had a rough life. I just can't.

Wasee was a good role. She was strong, smart and fought for her love. Sadly, sometimes Bint's acting can't bring such characteristics out yet but it's okay for a newcomer like her. Hope she can get better in the future.

The motivation for New's character hatred toward Toy was weak. I mean, I can get that when New didnt know Toy was his lost twin brother yet. However, after the truth was revealed, it still took him a long time to accept his own biological twin brother. Wth? He wasn't a bad character though. The way he cared about Plaifah's character and his apology for his father showed that he truly cared about his beloved ones.

Aside from Pei, maybe Plaifah is the most interesting character of this lakorn. She was smart, cunning and caculated, all the while being sweet and calm. She dreamed of having a good life, and when she had achieved that, she knew what was enough and went no further. Her relationship with Chai Pat was at first full of schemes, but the lakorn did make me believe they fell in love as time went by. So she was a "grey" character. Not as good as Wasee but certainly not bad as Mae Eung either. That's why her and Pei's ending were completely opposite. Plaifah is a really talented actress, she was able to pull off from psychotic characters like Sommapa from Sai Ruk Sai Sawat to a sweet girl with unrequited love in Barb Ruk. I really want to see OneHD push her to be a nangek, this girl can really act. Her acting was maybe the strongest among the kid generation.

Other than that, the lakorn is just... there. OneHD is usually very good with this kind of drama, which can be seen from their Reun series. However, I can't feel that in here. The music choice was terrible, it was anticlimatic and did nothing to intensify dramatic scenes to say the least. I love the OST but I don't think it suits the lakorn. What's the purpose of Wasee's friend and her servant anyway? At first I thought they would pose as love rivals for the main couple (her friend with New and her servant with Toy) but at the end they were just kinda forgotten, not to mention her friend showed extremely inconsistent character development (she was mad because Chai Pat was taken by Pim and then at one point she just said, screw that I realized Chai Pat woild never love me. Where was the turning point?). Not to mention royal horrifics were all over the place. The only saving grace is Plaifah and New couple, they should have been the main one. Toy and Bint's chemistry was so bland I hardly believed they were in love.

Edit: Apparently I forgot to give my rating. So here it is, 6/10. The lakorn was okay, easy to watch but nothing so memorable either. Some unnecessary drama was dragged too long. The low point was because the music was so eh.
Wow you said everything I wanted to say LOL. Nice review!! It was hard for me to like New cause his character seems so unjustified lol and like only had redeeming qualities towards the end. Like did he really think plotting against his dad by tagging along with Pei was a good idea?? Lol