OMG KHMER NEW YEAR!

yak

sarNie Adult
Omg! I can't wait! I'm already planning to go to Stockton and LB.. But I really want to go to LB so bad.. I heard it's really fun out there during Khmer New Year.. And I want to see it myself..

Sreymao

sarNie Adult
I want to go to Cali too but my lil' boy will be bout 2 month I want to bring him to see my family over there but he still small to travel. So I'll be stuck in MN. Probably hanging out at the Temple most of the day if the weather is nice :D ( new year is my time to buy lots of thai lakorns the booth at the temple sell very cheap, n have the profit goes to the temple so I have some boun too ^_^ ) doing a lil' ceremony for my dad ( he pass away on April 13 2006) on the day of khmer new year. Just get together w/ frinedns n family n celebrate

yak

sarNie Adult
I want to go to Cali too but my lil' boy will be bout 2 month I want to bring him to see my family over there but he still small to travel. So I'll be stuck in MN. Probably hanging out at the Temple most of the day if the weather is nice :D ( new year is my time to buy lots of thai lakorns the booth at the temple sell very cheap, n have the profit goes to the temple so I have some boun too ^_^ ) doing a lil' ceremony for my dad ( he pass away on April 13 2006) on the day of khmer new year. Just get together w/ frinedns n family n celebrate
Aw.. I'm sorry to hear that about your dad.. But thai lakorn.. Thats true... I look for the good one though lol

Areeya

sarNie Adult
Nothing same old thing...never anything new...But I'm going to LA for thai new year...This would be great because i missed it 2 years ago...

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I don't have enough Khmer friends...but my family might all roll out to El Dorado Park...per usual every year...

Whoever is in Cali, we should plan to meet up and hang out

GaMoN

sarNie Hatchling
i ll be at home watching tv series...lol....i am pretty sure it will be too crowded at the temple!!!!

Nicky

sarNie Hatchling
hehe im making a goal to go to the temple this year rain, shine, or snow must drag my lazy behind there :lol: Minnesota's winter is unpredictable. I should go ter boun ... I haven't been there for 2 years. Going to be a busy day ... plus its Mos' concert night!!! Excited ^_^

Sreymao

sarNie Adult
Right now? I live in Minnesota. I grew up in LB and moved in 1995, I suppose to go to Polytech for high school w my other friends :(

Nicky,U live in Minnesota too what part?? I use to live in SanDiego for almost 10 years but I move back home. I grew up in Minnesota

OTH

sarNie Egg
wow Vs parlez tous anglais ?
y a que moi alors qui parle français pour l'instant,
Ns aussi on prépare la fête, notre tradition
Imaginez : Amazing ceremony in Srok khmer is'n it ?

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
i was wondering if anyone was gonna go to the khmer new years in dallas? it's starting a bit early on april 11-12.
Early? That's the usual dates for Khmer New Year.

I know that the Khmer New Year Parade in Long Beach will be held on April 5th. The Thai New Year will also be held this same weekend in LA Thai Town. And then the Khmer New Year celebration at El Dorado Park will be held on April 25th.

This is actually good that each places hold their parties during different weekend because they will allow other cities and states to be able to attend as well.

ooo silly me... hope to see u there nong... i wanna go the saginaw one too but it's on my sis's bday and she's turning 21 so she's making a big deal..lol