Old Movies

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Remember the old Thai, Chinese, and Indian movies that hmong dubb for? Well here's one, let's see if you can remember. I know those old movies were dubb by ST Universal, I tried finding them but no luck.

สะพานรักสารสิน (SARASIN BRIDGE)

Starring : Ron Bunjongsang and Jintara Sukkapat
Year : 1987
Genre : Romance

Synopsis:

There are no walls that can separate love between a man and a woman, but there are some parents who don’t understand, even though those parents have themselves been through the same feelings in their youth. To stop their children from loving is like pushing them to be more rebellious. Enough to elope if their love can not be realized in this life might as well die and meet again in the next life. Sarasin Bridge was their list meeting place. There are no walls that can prevent love.

***My Note***
I remember one part where they hid on an island, but her father found her and took her away and lock pra'ek. Later, they found each other near the bridge, she tied his cloth around them, and as her father and others approached they both jumped into the water together. My heart was drenching when their body wash up to shore, and finally her father realized their love, and told the others to leave them together and do not untie the cloth around their waist. :wavecry:

kry*star

sarNie Adult
oh i remember that one! yeah it was a good one man! i love jintara! the song in there was so good too.

here's also one that i really like-

it starred jintara with sintisook. it took place in switzerland. it started out jintara going to see her father there. she met sintisook and sintisook was a son of a high general or something like that but he lied to her and portrayed as driver. well it was a good one and i got the hmong version. too bad there's no luck with the thai version. if you know what the title is call, can you please tell me?? i really want a copy of this one. well thanks! it's just so nice to bring back and refresh those old good movies!

kry*star

sarNie Adult
here are also two that i remembered

Koo Krum- *Suntisook Promsiri, Jintara Sookkapat
&
Kum Mhun Sunya- *Jintara Sookkapat, Suntisook Promsiri

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
omg! i love the old version of koo krum! i have the ST hmong version of it. but the video ran out so i couldnt watch the whole thing. the guys was so HOTT! he was blazing!

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
คู่กรรม (KOO KUM)

Starring : Varud Voratum and Jintara Sukkapat
Year : 1988
Genre : Drama

Synopsis:

The story of endless love is set amidst the fiercest conflict this world has ever known - World War II. As war is about to break out in Europe, Vanus is on his way to England to join the Free Thai movement. He hopes to receive a definite promise from Angsumalin that she will marry him after the war. She instead tells him that she will wait for the end of the war to give him an answer. The fateful events of the war brought to Thailand a Japanese navy caption, Kobori. He too is a victim of the war as he is torn apart from his emperor. He soon meets up with Angsumalin but she naturally despises him.

คำมั่นสัญญา (PROMISE)

Starring : Santisuk Promsriri and Jintara Sukkapat

Synopsis:

Sarin and Chlanda were grown up together since childhood; Sarin goes away to join the army but often comes home to visit the family. For the sake of her parents, Chlanda marries and army officer who always violently abuses her. Finally, she can no longer take her husband abusing her together with an incurable illness and comes home under the care of Sarin. But it's too late.

อำแดงเหมือนกับนายริด (MUEN & RID)

Starring: Santisuk Promsriri and Jintara Sukkapat
Year : 1994
Genre : Drama (Base on True story)

Synopsis;

Prior to 1865, women had no status in Thai society. They were looked down on as “object” with no significant value. Their parents and husbands had the right in law to pawn or sell them, just as they could pawn or sell their cattle---which, in Thailand, generally meant buffaloes. Hence the old Thai saying: “Women are buffaloes, men are humans”. Muen was the daughter of Kate and Noom, peasants of Bang Muang Country in Nontaburi Province. Her parents were trying to force her to marry Poo, who twice carried her off by force. She managed to escape his clutches both times, and the second times took refuge with Rid, the man she loved. When he discovered where she was, Poo claimed under the law that Rid had abducted his wife. Muen was arrested, and suffered abuse and mistreatment in Jail. But she never gave up hope, and managed to escape and submit a petition to King Mongkut (King Rama IV). Her petition was bold and strongly worded. She condemned the law as being unfair, and condemned Thai society for condoning men’s exploitation and abuse of women. She knew that she faced the death penalty for her temerity; Thai society had lived by and respected the laws she attacked for centuries. However, events took an entirely expected turn. The King issued a Royal Decree granting her a pardon. This was the first time in Thai history that a King had repealed the laws governing the right to choose their own husbands. The story of Muen and Rid is true. It was found in the records of King Mongkut’s Royal Decrees. Muen is thus regarded as the first woman to fight for women’s rights in Thailand.

***My note***
I know the movies you guys are talking about. The one with Jintara in Switzerland, I'll try to find that one. The one with Saraphon Chantree and the Chinese dude, that movie is a classic, but so old it's hard to find.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
เพื่อนกันเฉพาะวันหยุด (PURE FRIENDSHIP)

Starring: Phitchanu Sririmuk-rkom and Kulanut Preyawat
Year : 1996
Genre : Comedy/Romance

Sypnosis:

(Coming Soon)

วัยระเริง (WILDEST DAY)

Starring: Louis Scott and Karan Klongtuajrok
Year : 1998
Genre : Drama (Gangster)

Synopsis:

A middle age idealistic school teacher who is very dedicated to educate her students. She have to take on the worst and rowdiest students. She finally succeeded by combined the details of the school subjects into the lyric of the songs they all loved.

***My note***
These are the newer one I watch when I was in middle school-highschool. There's one with Num/Ning where Ning was singing. One with Lift Supoj where they film in England, and one with Touch/Ning call "Dark Side romance." Also another one with Fluke/Pin where na'ek and pra'ek died in the fire.

I didn't really like Pure Friendship because it was kind of confusing at the end. But I really like how na'ek character is strong, and there's alot of funny stuff going around the work place where they make chairs.

The movie with Louis as a gangster. It's a good movie for those who have negative thoughts about gangsters. It gives details why teenager choose to join gangs and act the way they do. I love how the teacher has alot of patient and continue to teach them even though she is harshly criticize. The end really made me cry, especially when the teacher's blood spurt into Louis face, and he catches the teacher before she fell onto the ground. He then call out for his teacher and cry along with the others. And at the very end, they dedicated this sad song for their teacher. Anyone khow where I can find the song?

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
That movie was translated into Hmong. But I'm sure not much of you guys have seen it, because it was base about political issues, and women's right back then.

All I can remember is, this was the first movie, Jintara had a nude scene. It was during the first meeting with pra'ek. Somehow she was naked and almost drowning herself, but the pra'ek (a monk) jumped in to help her. The scenes I remember most is when Jintara was torture by her husband, the other wifes didn't do anything. She always try to escape the husband, and he'll always whip her and lock her in this one room.

I watched this lakorn because the same cast in Kum Mun Sanya was in it. lol.

jenjen

sarNie Hatchling
o0o0oo...i love these movies!!!...u can still find the kroo gum on ethaicd... i miss st universal production! the use to dub hindu movies too! i especially loved TarZan...ehehe all the ones posted above!

chakrit_Y

sarNie Juvenile
nancyvang said:
คำมั่นสัญญา (PROMISE)

Starring : Santisuk Promsriri and Jintara Sukkapat

Synopsis:

Sarin and Chlanda were grown up together since childhood; Sarin goes away to join the army but often comes home to visit the family. For the sake of her parents, Chlanda marries and army officer who always violently abuses her. Finally, she can no longer take her husband abusing her together with an incurable illness and comes home under the care of Sarin. But it's too late.
[post="126140"][/post]​
NANCYVANG... IS THIS THE NONGDA AND PEE-LEE???

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
nancyvang said:
คู่กรรม (KOO KUM)

Starring : Varud Voratum and Jintara Sukkapat
Year : 1988
Genre : Drama
I remember this one! Kobori was super hot in those days.... i was only a child back then but i thought he was pretty good looking! haha. btw, the girl was such a biatch to him! she finally realized she loved him when it was too late.. so sad.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
The movie with Saraphon and the chinese dude. The poster will bring back memories. lol.

Picture credit: fivestarent

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Azn_LaDy said:
hey remenber this other old movie too....this chinese dude act with that one thai dude ( the dude that act as ann alica's dad in pepper and her lakorn) ya remember.....and there's this other funny dude in it too...where at the end he die...he really funny..lol...he have this pig that he worship...cause he says that it'll find him a wife or something like that...and he also have this bird that talks and whenever something goes wrong he'll blame the bird...hahahha...

anywase the storyline....the thai guy's family (wife and kid) got killed by these chinese people...and when he saw the other pra"ek (the chinese guy) he thought that the chinese guy is the one that kill his family but really the chinese guy is also looking for the bad chinese to kill too.....dont know if i confuse ya but yeah, its a really old movie and good movie, dubb by ST Universal also.... :huh:
[post="126121"][/post]​
ooo...I know this movie...haha...funny how the guys had to fight for the girls hand in marriage...and that guy with the pig...haha...I liked this movie a lot...the chinese guy caught this other girl and he kept saying that she smells..aha...then he falls for the head villager's daughter...the chinese guy, I call him Zaj Tsheej Zoo from the movie that was also dubbed by ST Universal called "Ua neej tuav plig rawv"...it's one of those ancient chinese series...I thought it was pretty good too...

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
xxmiss_maixx said:
omg, this weekend i watched Thaub Huaj. that one chinese movie. omg so sad but love the songs.
[post="126972"][/post]​
I'm still waiting for someone to upload the songs...Taowha is one of my all time favorites...I'm not even chinese and I know the songs by heart..haha..

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
queeny_bee said:
I remember this one! Kobori was super hot in those days.... i was only a child back then but i thought he was pretty good looking! haha. btw, the girl was such a biatch to him! she finally realized she loved him when it was too late.. so sad.
[post="127429"][/post]​
OMG..OMG...I love love love kobori in this version...so tall and handsome...this movie makes me sad...I watched it so many times...

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
nancyvang said:
The movie with Saraphon and the chinese dude. The poster will bring back memories. lol.

Picture credit: fivestarent
[post="130030"][/post]​
YUP!!! This is the one I saw!!! Gosh...so old...haha