Old actress Monlady Yumapai

sarN

sarNie Granny
onahc said:
so true, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. oh and i don't have ban sai tong sarn, sorry.
[post="61799"][/post]​
:( :( :( ---> den do u have the one she in Daoprasook ;)

thear

sarNie Egg
I'd like to add to the many positive comments about Monrudee. I have always thought that she was one of Thailand's best actresses and her beauty is all natural. I really loved her in Sawan Biang and Baan Saai Thong. Too bad she's not acting anymore.

red

sarNie Hatchling
Well, personally i don't think she pretty either though i've to admit that she has good actng skills. she must be very popular among not only her fans but thsoe that have seen her act. well she is a good actress and her roles are often very suited to her.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Because people don't make a big deal of her sexuality, onahc is.

Onahc, If you're going to hate on someone, atleast back it up with good defense or you'd look quite stupid. :)

Your judgement on people and celebrities are quite rude and close-minded. Now, I'm going to assume that you live in a town where everyone is beautiful and handsome...because if it wasn't, you would have killed yourself because you were sounded by ugly people, in which, you can't stand at all.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
LOL Muddie, well said...However, I'd give Onahc props for expressing her thoughts about these individuals that she has critique in here or her past threads...although, most are rude and crude comments that seems to always lead to fuming posters ^_^ Well, cant always get everyone to agree with "you" all the time; if that's the case, then the world will be so dull and boring...being opinionated is OK but you dont have to sound all egocentric about it either... :lol:

Aside from that, where I can purchase Saranyu and Monrudee's version of "Ban Sai Tong" and her and Sam's version of "Sawan Biang"? I thought it was a wonderful choice casting her as the N'ek for these two lakorns; it surely brought out great viewing pleasures :wub:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Wai Wai Noodles said:
LOL Muddie, well said...However, I'd give Onahc props for expressing her thoughts about these individuals that she has critique in here or her past threads...although, most are rude and crude comments that seems to always lead to fuming posters ^_^ Well, cant always get everyone to agree with "you" all the time; if that's the case, then the world will be so dull and boring...being opinionated is OK but you dont have to sound all egocentric about it either... :lol:

Aside from that, where I can purchase Saranyu and Monrudee's version of "Ban Sai Tong" and her and Sam's version of "Sawan Biang"? I thought it was a wonderful choice casting her as the N'ek for these two lakorns; it surely brought out great viewing pleasures :wub:
[post="64147"][/post]​

Onahc is actually one of those lengendary member dat alway seen to express her thought in a manner dat most ppl will be flame up but even in the mist of smoke she prolly the only person i know dat speak her mind reguarless wat other say and still keep the screen name "Onahc" ... even in the old day when star2drama was around she was known as the "meanie" lol ---- > On , u prolly dont know me but girl i know u for years thru forum u alway been ur old self and when u acually nice .. it surprise me from time to time !

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
LOL I find that interesting SOMETIMES; it sort of builds a pathway or open more subtopics about the subject for some others to express their opinions on things. Of course, we all know that "we" cant agree on every little things...so I dont think or consider her as a meanie; if that's the case, then, man I'd be the beast of thoughts for my expression on such things in this forum ^_^

However, controversial topic discussed in a mature manner is rather more entertaining...

onahc

sarNie Elites
sarN said:
Onahc is actually one of those lengendary member dat alway seen to express her thought in a manner dat most ppl will be flame up but even in the mist of smoke she prolly the only person i know dat speak her mind reguarless wat other say and still keep the screen name "Onahc" ... even in the old day when star2drama was around she was known as the "meanie" lol ---- > On , u prolly dont know me but girl i know u for years thru forum u alway been ur old self and when u acually nice .. it surprise me from time to time !
[post="64213"][/post]​

Sarn, you crack me up, I guess I am kinda legendary huh :lol: . The only reason why I changed my name to Onach was because I was not abled to register my new account with that name, darn! Hehe. I am nice, really, but I just can't keep my mouth shut. You can think of me as Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde :shocked:

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Well, nowadays looking back at her pictures from the 80s, many of you would think she isnt pretty at all. But according to most of our parents, she was one of the prettiest and well known actresses in their times, which again was the 80s. Our styles has change, and a lot of us expect to see the same clothing or hair styles that we see now. She was one of my favorite nang'ek back then. And she can act, and boy was she great in those crying scenes. I think she's very pretty, in her time.

I must have missed the part where someone was criticizing or making fun of her sexuality, but whoever you are, all i have to say is that you're closed minded. But from what i have read in this thread so far, i really didnt see anyone criticizing her of being a lesbian. But i want to say that a lot of us was surprise. I sure am. For over 15 years, i never knew she was a lesbian...this is news to me.

onahc

sarNie Elites
~Sandy~ said:
Well, nowadays looking back at her pictures from the 80s, many of you would think she isnt pretty at all. But according to most of our parents, she was one of the prettiest and well known actresses in their times, which again was the 80s. Our styles has change, and a lot of us expect to see the same clothing or hair styles that we see now. She was one of my favorite nang'ek back then. And she can act, and boy was she great in those crying scenes. I think she's very pretty, in her time.

I must have missed the part where someone was criticizing or making fun of her sexuality, but whoever you are, all i have to say is that you're closed minded. But from what i have read in this thread so far, i really didnt see anyone criticizing her of being a lesbian. But i want to say that a lot of us was surprise. I sure am. For over 15 years, i never knew she was a lesbian...this is news to me.
[post="64444"][/post]​

I totally disagree with that statement because it does not apply to Monlady. She was ugly in her time period and even if she were to be an actress today, she is still not pretty to me. A true beauty is beautiful regardless of time.

And I have no idea how my message was misinterpreted because I did not in any way criticise or make fun of her sexuality. Yes, I did laugh haha but not because she's gay. I laughed at the fact that on tv, she played straight women/damsel in distress type characters who fall in love with the hero but in real life she's not even into men. Don't you find it a bit funny. I mean I know there are other gay actors/actresses out there that play straight character on tv/movies and what not but I still find it humorous.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
I guess it is your opinion. I've watched a lot of her lakorns, and i thought she looked really pretty in them. And ugly is such a harsh word to call someone.

I dont see nothing humorous at the fact she's a lesbian/gay and play her character as a straight woman....thats why they call it "acting". But that's ok...she isnt acting anymore...so there's nothing more for viewers to find funny.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Debating is good for the brain and can actually be considered healthy at times but when you debate something or speak your mind about something...onahc, you don't have to be soo rude. Because i find it fair that you dont like her and its okay because not every celeb out there is meant to be liked..otherwise it'd be a very boring entertainment business. BUT, do keep in mind that just as you dont like her, there are many that do. So, when you criticize someone...please do it NICELY, or you'll get a taste of your own medicine...just like how some people have already given YOU some bad words and advices of their own.

Plus, beauty isn't EVERYTHING. It's sad to see you soo caught up in looks and images. Some people are gorgeous on the outside but have the worst rotten smell ever inside....whereas others are not so attractive on the outside but has the scent of an angel inside.

Actors and actresses should get credit for their acting , thats why it's called ACTING. It's sad when society has come to such a time when looks and beauty have become sooooo overrated.

onahc

sarNie Elites
bugsy said:
Plus, beauty isn't EVERYTHING. It's sad to see you soo caught up in looks and images. Some people are gorgeous on the outside but have the worst rotten smell ever inside....whereas others are not so attractive on the outside but has the scent of an angel inside.

Actors and actresses should get credit for their acting , thats why it's called ACTING. It's sad when society has come to such a time when looks and beauty have become sooooo overrated.
[post="65503"][/post]​

I totally agree that acting should come first however in my opinion, it does not apply to thai lakons. Most thai actors/actresses are very talented and are at the same level of capability. However, thai lakons are so recycled that I have to be choosy in what I watch. Therefore I only choose lakons with the best looking actors or at least decent looking ones. I will not watch a lakon with a boring storyline or one with "ugly" actors. Lakons are supposed to cast good looking people, isn't that one of the main reason why people watch lakons. I will not waste my time watching hours and hours of a lakon if I don't like the leads.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
onahc said:
I totally agree that acting should come first however in my opinion, it does not apply to thai lakons. Most thai actors/actresses are very talented and are at the same level of capability. However, thai lakons are so recycled that I have to be choosy in what I watch. Therefore I only choose lakons with the best looking actors or at least decent looking ones. I will not watch a lakon with a boring storyline or one with "ugly" actors. Lakons are supposed to cast good looking people, isn't that one of the main reason why people watch lakons. I will not waste my time watching hours and hours of a lakon if I don't like the leads.
[post="65681"][/post]​
I get what you're saying and I would agree to a point with ya. Alot of people out there DO watch lakorns only for the people they're obsessed with (pertaining to looks) , but there's a majority that look past that too. I totally respect that you have your own opinions and are willing to speak them out, I'm just saying that you could be a little nicer or at least more mature about certain things. That's all. ^_^

fanaticgrl

sarNie Hatchling
onahc said:
[post="65681"][/post]​

:lmao: That was one closeminded, more of stupidest comment i have hear :lmao:..

first off, i dont know how u came to the conclusion that thai actors/actresses have the same level of capability..and no where have i hear that lakorn are suppose to cast good looking people. :lmao: i just cant imagine how such a person can come to such thoughts. i myself do agree that watchin lakorn with good looking people is a plus next to the the plot and acting ability.but in all media, acting ability is #1 INCLUDING lakorns. i rather spend hrs watching "ugly" people with great acting, than seein good lookin ppl who cant act for crap.beauty can only so much do such justice. and i am sure there are many lakorns out there we can refer too. like others said, if u cant back up ur comments, it only makes u look ridiculously STUPID!

Nameless

N i n j a
Now, now people. Be real. If the entertainment industry was to cast "ugly" people to act in their movies and dramas, then they wouldn't be getting any viewers, let alone make any money even if they could act. The term 'ugly' is pretty harsh when it comes to judging a person on their looks. But like sarN mentioned, 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'

I looked up Ugly in dictionary.com and I find this quite funny that such a word exist.

ug·ly

1. Displeasing to the eye; unsightly.
1. Repulsive or offensive; objectionable: an ugly remark.
2. Chiefly Southern U.S. Rude: Don't be ugly with me.
3. New England. Unmanageable. Used of animals, especially cows or horses.
3. Morally reprehensible; bad.
4. Threatening or ominous: ugly black clouds.
1. Likely to cause embarrassment or trouble: “Public opinion in both nations could take an ugly turn� (George R. Packard).
2. Marked by or inclined to anger or bad feelings; disagreeable: an ugly temper; an ugly scene.

Back on topic.

I used to watch a few of her lakorns back in the day. Sure, she may not be the best lookin' person but most of her lakorns were enjoyable. I thought she disappeared forever.

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
I remember her...I watched so many of her lakorns

-BanSaithong
-Mussaya
-Ubattihed
-Sawan Biang
-(another lakorn where she married her step brother)
-(another where she had magic power)

Anyways I was in shock at that time when I found out she was a lesbian but it doesn't bother me...and kinda thought she was too. She is a versatile actress for sure and my family loves her...also I thought she was naturally beautiful especially when she smiled...and yes her name is Monruedee.