Ok sooo

sirena

sarNie Adult
me and my family last night
we had this convo
just a normanl convosation nothing really special just gather around
and then my little sister sophia, came down and told me abt how her friend wants to become a model blah blah
to make the story shorter, my dad suggested that i should try out for modeling
at first, i thought they were joking but no one laugh except my dumb brother lol

so everybody for sum odd reason started to convince me to try it out, and they said i had nothing to lose if the agency like my look thats good and if they don't just move on u know no big deal

so im not sure my self , but everybody said they'll supported me 100% :) awww

trust me it waz long convo and analizing haha it waznt this short hehe

but anyways, so i decided you know what? why not, give it a try

i lOVE fashion but im not soo crazy abt wanting to be a model so badly

so if i get rejected ill move on fine, and if they like me ill explore alittle more

my sister told me to try for canada next top model but we search it and the casting call is not till 6 month from now >.<
so that waz a No

but i did sum research, and found sum agency here in vancover and i found 3 :D

Talent Co Management Vancouver

Ford Models- Vancouver

Richard's International Model Management

so i decided to go see 1 for now and just see wat happen, so i called Talent Co Management Vancouver and i asked if i can make an appointment and drop by to see them and the appointment is on friday at 2:30

i choose this Management becuz, they work with both commercial and Editorial and thats pretty much the main 2 category thats pretty high

if i could i would like to try Editorial, i think i have the hieght for Editorial But i dnt noe abt the look tho haha

for those who dnt noe wat editorial is, its high fashion, its like versace, prada, dolcegabbana, burberry, calivin klein, john galliano, john vavatos, louis vattoni( how eva u spell it lol) those type of stuff

commerical is pretty much commercial

thats only few things i know abt fashion haha not alot

soo im just asking if any of you have any knowledge u can share with me?? like story, things to lok out for?? those type of thing

ive been doin research but im just still not very sure of my self haha

or anything

id really aprricate it very much thnk u :D

sorry u have to read all of this crap by me haha

Quarter

Tell me about it.
if i was tall like you, i'll probably slap you out of my way. but why not try out normal import modeling? if you're popular there, you get a better chance of the "high" agencies accepting you. aiming high is good, but risky. good luck O_O. come back and tell us, or me, how it goes.

judyp

sarNie Adult
i say go for it. you really have nothing to lose..i mean i've heard of scams or agencies who try to rip you off and you probably watch the tyra show where she does experiments w/ girls who has a desire to model. so beware of those agencies who try to make you strip your clothes off. i think as long as you keep your eyes open, then you'll be fine.

i've been told by people to get into modeling too. heck, when i worked in retail, customers thought i had some background in it. but modeling has never interested me. i suppose they think i can make it because im tall for an asian. i look skinny/thin, but have an average weight, plus i have a mole by my lips (kind of like cindy crawford, except hers is a beauty mark), so they think i have the looks. but like i said, me & modeling is a no-no.

with that being said, i think your image has to be superb. but you're cute, so good luck & let us know how your appointment goes! :D

noungning

Heartless
oh wow... i find myself off topic often so much now a days!.... but anyways! OMG ur from vancouver?!?!?! i love vancouver such a nice place lol... i wanna go back.

ok, back on topic. like previously said, never hurts to try. high end fashion requires many things, have u ever sought modeling for retail, like catalogue and stuff. for various retail shops... i guess it can be considered commercial? but not really, u are doing shots for marketing... rather the walk on the catwalk and stuff.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
your obviously conceited...so go for it...hahaha im jp...don't take that to the heart.. anywayz but yeah hmmm sorry i have no suggestions...I am not of model type...hehehe...good luck.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Well for the longest time I had planned to a be fashion designer so before I changed my major I did study quite a lot about the fashion industry (did my research before I placed my major as well). I also use to be a scout for a talent agency so I'd say go for it! :)
You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and a little rejection here and there won't faze you (you're going to need a thick skin to handle criticism).

You definitely have the height and from what you've told us, you're weight sounds about right for the modeling world, you can definitely do high fashion. As for your look, well you're Asian and according to many people Asians in general are exotic looking, some designers go for that and some don't, you just gotta find the right agency that can sell your looks for you. You have good features, a pretty proportional face, a little make over and could definitely get a more model look.

Of course it takes more than looks and height to book a job though, you need to be able to walk and pose as well. But you're new to all of this so find an agency that will help you find your walk or teach to walk and teach how to pose. Many photograhers don't want to have to instruct a model too much because it takes up a lot of time and in this industry time is money.
Designers expect you to be able to walk already.

Part of high fashion is doing fashion shows, it's how you get your name and face out there to book more editorial work. Normally models that go into fashion want to do fashion shows, it's where the big bucks are made. Models who get to do print work for major designers are usually the ones they use to be the "face" of their designs.
A big part of being qualified for high fashion is your overall look, some girls are tall but don't have the right look face wise to do high fashion so they end up in commercial, which is good too (especially if you want an acting career).

I'd highly recommend steering clear of "import modeling" though, normally those girls are doing that type of modeling to move onto commercial work and than on to acting work.
You don't want that image attached to you if you want to make it in high fashion because it'll make it harder for them to take you seriously. They want someone who's into fashion and wants to be a model, not someone who's going to use it to get into another field of work (reason: Import modeling has nothing to do with fashion or clothing). They might think you're too wishy-washy and not serious enough for them. I'm not saying that there hasn't been import models that have made the cross over (although I can't think of any) but I'd steer clear of it.

At the least you can do commercial work and work yourself into high fashion, that way you'd at least still be working with clothes or some sort of product in relation to fashion, even if it's cosmetics.

sirena

sarNie Adult
thnxs liberty and everyone els :D

im scared

i dnt noe much

i pretty much know like the basic that every knows

i have no straigies wat so ever >.<

im taking my bf with me cuz every1 including the internet tell me to take sum1 with yu wen u go to angency

i wanna go in there and come back out able to say

id did my best!

i dnt wanna go in there make a fool of my self haha

if they dnt like ill move on but i just wanna give 100%

but yea im gonna do in there with an open mind and be my self :)

think abt it again i cant believe i had to gut to do that haaha

even tho i say i dnt care but im really nervous haha

but yea thnxs every1 ill keep everything u told me in mind and il give u the 411 :)

sirena

sarNie Adult
Well for the longest time I had planned to a be fashion designer so before I changed my major I did study quite a lot about the fashion industry (did my research before I placed my major as well). I also use to be a scout for a talent agency so I'd say go for it! :)
You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and a little rejection here and there won't faze you (you're going to need a thick skin to handle criticism).

You definitely have the height and from what you've told us, you're weight sounds about right for the modeling world, you can definitely do high fashion. As for your look, well you're Asian and according to many people Asians in general are exotic looking, some designers go for that and some don't, you just gotta find the right agency that can sell your looks for you. You have good features, a pretty proportional face, a little make over and could definitely get a more model look.

Of course it takes more than looks and height to book a job though, you need to be able to walk and pose as well. But you're new to all of this so find an agency that will help you find your walk or teach to walk and teach how to pose. Many photograhers don't want to have to instruct a model too much because it takes up a lot of time and in this industry time is money.
Designers expect you to be able to walk already.

Part of high fashion is doing fashion shows, it's how you get your name and face out there to book more editorial work. Normally models that go into fashion want to do fashion shows, it's where the big bucks are made. Models who get to do print work for major designers are usually the ones they use to be the "face" of their designs.
A big part of being qualified for high fashion is your overall look, some girls are tall but don't have the right look face wise to do high fashion so they end up in commercial, which is good too (especially if you want an acting career).

I'd highly recommend steering clear of "import modeling" though, normally those girls are doing that type of modeling to move onto commercial work and than on to acting work.
You don't want that image attached to you if you want to make it in high fashion because it'll make it harder for them to take you seriously. They want someone who's into fashion and wants to be a model, not someone who's going to use it to get into another field of work (reason: Import modeling has nothing to do with fashion or clothing). They might think you're too wishy-washy and not serious enough for them. I'm not saying that there hasn't been import models that have made the cross over (although I can't think of any) but I'd steer clear of it.

At the least you can do commercial work and work yourself into high fashion, that way you'd at least still be working with clothes or some sort of product in relation to fashion, even if it's cosmetics.

see the stuff u say abt angency just kinda scares me lol

i dnt fully understand it yet

i dnt noe wat to really do or how to approach it

Liberty

sarNie Adult
see the stuff u say abt angency just kinda scares me lol

i dnt fully understand it yet

i dnt noe wat to really do or how to approach it
hehe sorry, didn't mean to scare you.
Well you're new to all of this so agencies won't expect you to know much, they'll give you slack and most likely tell you if you have the look or not and if you're right for modeling. Watch as much fashion shows as you can, go through magazines and see how they pose, practice in the mirror and when you go in there just try your best and keep in mind that what they're telling you is only to help you improve.

Oh, forgot to mention. Try to do some background research before you go to do interviews with any of these agencies.
Like any job interview it's good to know a little something about the company you're trying to get in good with. :)
Other than that, just take a deep breath and try to be yourself. ^_^

sirena

sarNie Adult
hey everybody :D

im back haha

i think it went pretty well :D

what happen waz i got there, pretty early 20 mins early haha

they told me to fill out paper etc asking abt myself and my stats

i waznt the only girl that waz there, there were like 1 girl b4 me then 3 other ones came in

they all looks soo pretty and, man, they r wayyyy taller then me and i thought i waz tall

this 1 girl is 6'0 tall O_O i know!!!!! crazy right?!?!

but anyways it waz my turn, i went in, happy bubbly smile and just be my self you know

they ask me questions like y do i wanna model, why should they represent me, and what category do i like to try for?(commerical ,editorial etc)

i just told them the truth that this pretty new to me etc

they took a look at my pic that i brought with me

then they ask me to walk

after that they told me to wait in the waiting room, and they talk for pretty long

then one of them came out and she waz like " you have an interesting look, ur stats and age is workable for both editorial and commerical, but, were not sure if ur look is right for editorial, you have more of a commerical look , so y don't you come back next week and we would like to do a test shots with you and see how it workd out ok?"

then after that they took a head shot pic of me for their profile...

yep that wat she said

so i made an appointment with their photographer for next week doin test shoot for both editorial and commerical to see how it comes out :D

so wat do u guys think?

im very excited abt the comment they gave me and im gonan try my hardest to show that i can work in both field :D

i feel like my life is already changing alittle bit haha

i have butterfly in my stomach now haha

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Congrats! I'm so excited for you. :clap:
Sounds like you're on your way to becoming a model. Good luck for next week! :D

sirena

sarNie Adult
aw thnxs liberty and judyp :D

im kinda nervous alittle haha

but ill do my best haha

every1 tells me that it a good sign if the agency takes ur picture and tell u to do test shoot

but i dnt how it gonna turn all i can do is hope for the best haha

it on thurday

ill tell u wat happen :)