Oh No!!!

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
Ok,ok. I have bought some rims from an ebay seller and he gives me his address to send my moneyorder payment to him. And I didnt pay much attention to his address becuase I was in a rush to get things done. And just now I decided to goggle his address to see if its real and !!! He lives all the way in Puerto Rico!!!! :eek: And I'm so worry now becuase the moneyorder is not an international one and I didn't send it by envelope priority. I just send him a regular moneyorder that is valid in the united states only and I just drop it in the regular mail box sender. Can someone please help me out of what to do becuase on the item description page his location stated that he lives in the United states! Is Puerto Rico part of the United states?

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Peurto Rico is not a state, but it is U.S.A territory. The money order should be fine, cause they use American dollars.

lady0fdarkness

yes.. they should. A lot of American network and services are in Peurto Rico too. I used to work for a cell phone company; We had a lot of Peurto Rican customers. Just for your peace of mind, you should call the postal office and ask them, but I am pretty sure it'll be no problems.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
yes.. they should. A lot of American network and services are in Peurto Rico too. I used to work for a cell phone company; We had a lot of Peurto Rican customers. Just for your peace of mind, you should call the postal office and ask them, but I am pretty sure it'll be no problems.

Pheeew -_- , I'm a little relief now. I was confuse and having a heart attack :lol: ,Guess I'll call my local post office tomorrow and see if they do delivered to Puerto Rico just to make sure. And Thanks a lot for helping me out. ^_^

Do you always use money order to pay for your Ebay items? You should really consider using PayPal instead as that is much safer.

cecilia

Staff member
i thought you can put a hold on the money order -- as long as you still have the receipt from where you purchase it from ^^

noungning

Heartless
um wait so the rims are also in puerto rico... so u're worried if the person u are paying with money order will be getting your mail... but u aren't worried about how ur rims will be shipped to u? i believe ebay now only has a paypal only policy where money orders and such aren't even being honored if there is a problem with the transaction.

main question how long was this person selling rims? does the person sell on ebay normally? feedback can be BS info but does the person at least have more than 1?

1) how much was shipping for your rims
2) y did the seller want only money order?
3) did the seller disclose to you of their location before you even sent the check? if it's not on the seller page/ad page it should be on the final invoice.
4) your concern of will the money order be good overseas? yes it will but there is a fee to cash foreign check. will your mail get to puerto rico? yup checked usps.com and it's 44 cents for first class

hopefully u will get ur rims, ;)

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
um wait so the rims are also in puerto rico... so u're worried if the person u are paying with money order will be getting your mail... but u aren't worried about how ur rims will be shipped to u? i believe ebay now only has a paypal only policy where money orders and such aren't even being honored if there is a problem with the transaction.

main question how long was this person selling rims? does the person sell on ebay normally? feedback can be BS info but does the person at least have more than 1?

1) how much was shipping for your rims
2) y did the seller want only money order?
3) did the seller disclose to you of their location before you even sent the check? if it's not on the seller page/ad page it should be on the final invoice.
4) your concern of will the money order be good overseas? yes it will but there is a fee to cash foreign check. will your mail get to puerto rico? yup checked usps.com and it's 44 cents for first class

hopefully u will get ur rims, ;)

Well, the seller doesn't have any negative feedback. And I guess I will be getting my new rims :D

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
If you don't have a bank account you can still use Paypal. Buy one of those pre-paid credit cards and load up when you need to buy something :D; it's much safer then sending out a money order that can get lost and etc.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
If you don't have a bank account you can still use Paypal. Buy one of those pre-paid credit cards and load up when you need to buy something :D; it's much safer then sending out a money order that can get lost and etc.

Really? Where can I purchase those credit card then?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Well There are Some Con's Though Let Me List The One's I'm Aware of

Re-load: It costs about 3 dollars every time you re-load
Monthly Maintenance: It Costs about 3 Dollars a Month For Monthly Maintaining
Re-load: The minimum you could re-load is 20 dollars and nothing less

*Those are some of the key ones there may be more but can't think of them

You can get them at wal-mart they are called "walmart money card" You can get them from various check cashing places too

noungning

Heartless
Well, the seller doesn't have any negative feedback. And I guess I will be getting my new rims :D
positive feedback doesn't mean u'd get it...

Thanks Sarnies!
i dunno... i just recently bought toner from someone that had 10k+ feedback.

it didn't occur to me until my friend reminded me that feedbacks can be flawed from their own other accounts also... which was true.

this person had 10K+ feedback... buried in there were 2 negatives... which were saying no communication, very late shipment, no shipment... i didn't really read until i had my problem.

the seller never contacted for weeks... i bought the toner 3 weeks in and threatened to contact ebay for a dispute then they finally emailed me back... and i paid via paypal so i would've gotten my dispute...

but in ur case, if u have a problem, u'd just have to say "o well".

lady0fdarkness

I have no problems with ebay.. why? cause I never win any auctions. lol, so I can't buy anything I want, unless I go with the "buy now" option which is always more expensive. I've been bidding on a dell x300, but now I Pretty much give up.