Not wanting to talk to a Hmong guy

macli

sarNie Hatchling
Just recently this guy called me to talk. Not wanting to be mean cause my dad will kill me because that reflect upon him as a father in the Hmong community, I talked to him and tried to find out who he is and who gave out my number. Seriously throughout the whole conversation I feel like hormones rushing to my head and on major PMS. I have no experience talking to guys so it really annoys me. He'd say things like "I've always called but you're never home, is it because you're out hanging with your boyfriend? Clubbing? It's really hard to get in touch with you." It annoys me the heck out of me because I don't do those things and I'll tell him that I work and go to school and he'll come back to say that I'm making excuses. He'll go on to make up other things that are out of my nature. I simply reply that if I have a boyfriend, he shouldn't try to call me. There's no reason to get to know me more since he knows things about me that I don't even know of, so there's really nothing else to talk about. Throughout the whole time it was just me listening to him trash talk me and worse of all, he speaks MTT style with a voice that sounds like it hasn't hit puberty yet. Not wanting to listen to him anymore, I hung the phone just like that because I tried to end the conversation but he always have something to say.

Do you guys think I'm too childish and impatient to do that? Well he did call again and I just hung up on him after hearing him talk crap again. One time he called and found out I had a younger sister, he wanted to talk to her instead because I was impolite. I said hell no because I don't want such a guy to talk to my sister cause she's only 15. I don't know, he's just the kind of guy that if I were to see him face to face, I wouldn't have any shame for what I did.

for guys who are polite, I usually just go ahead and tell them my reason as to why I can't talk to them and for them to not call again.

go ahead and tell me your thoughts about me as a 20 plus year old?

cecilia

Staff member
^haha. so funny, your story sound like one of my old experience :loool: I did the same thing to the guy too, i tell him straight forward to please stop calling me b/c i'm not interest in it but he didn't seem to get, keeps stalking me, i then wrote him a letter, sorta mean, i feel bad afterward but if it help with the whole stalking part, then i'm okay with it.

i agree with you for not handing the phone over to your younger sister, i think it's VERY IMPOLITE or UN-GENTLEMAN to try to court the older sister, then move down the ladder b/c one sister refuse to talk to him, it's sickening to think about it too ..

as for being over 20+, it's okay, i'm over that # already and fine with my life, i actually prefer my freedom over alot of things, eventually when the right one come along the way, we'll sacrifices for them LOL

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
First of all I do apologize if my question is out of line, because I'm not Hmong but I'm just curious from reading your post. ^_^

It's a Hmong custom to suddenly gets a call from a stranger (guy) out of the blue and have a conversations without knowing who he is and not hang up the phone right away or tell the adult about what's going on?

To me I think that sounds just too creepy and seem like you have a stranger stalking you. :D

And oh the reason I ask is because I have heard of the stealing the bride custom, so I was just wondering if this is the first step in trying to steal a bride in Hmong tradition and is ok to get a call from stranger as long as he is Hmong too?

s0rrow_chick

sarNie Egg
yo chick...i had sorta the same experience.
except im the last daughter so i aint got anyone to pass that loser on too
lol not that i would.
its really weird rite talking all hmong to some stranger
mines happend like iono a couple of yrs ago.
when the new comers started to come...
so the cousin of the cousin of the cousin [you get the picture]
of my neighbors came over to visit for the holiday and the hmong newyrs

at that time i kinda hated my neighborhood.
my aunties were over and we was preparing to head out to the hmong newyrs
i didn't dress up in hmong clothes but regular ones and
apparently i caught that cousin of my neighbor's eye?

iono but shit the next day NO! it was later on that day when i came home he called
psh! lied that my daddy gave out our number! psh! pissed the hell out of me
cuzz i kno my daddy aint want me to marry no newcomer heck no he would never
do anything like that to me!!
yes i kno my daddy well.

so this kid. tho he's around my age---i had a quick glimpse of him...around that time he was like a stick? lol
reminded me of my baby bro. baby face too. but attractive? no.

dumb converstations...i had with him. i dont even kno why i put up with it
good thing he neva came over to my house. cuzz mane it would be super freaky...but
then again i'd just have to step out of the house and
have one of 'em homeboys pretend to be my bf
not too long after that we moved 'thank gosher'

the phone calls decreased but ya'lls wanna knoe the funniest shit i got frm it?!?

his thrill was going to a place called wal*mart!!
lol! like that was the dumbest/weirdest/ question ever.
imagine this but in hmong...
"hey we have this store its great. do you kno what wal mart is? because we have one here in stockton."
like naw duhh!! like my city didn't have one? ha! why are hmong peeps attracted to walmart? lol

s0rrow_chick

sarNie Egg
First of all I do apologize if my question is out of line, because I'm not Hmong but I'm just curious from reading your post. ^_^

It's a Hmong custom to suddenly gets a call from a stranger (guy) out of the blue and have a conversations without knowing who he is and not hang up the phone right away or tell the adult about what's going on?

To me I think that sounds just too creepy and seem like you have a stranger stalking you. :D

And oh the reason I ask is because I have heard of the stealing the bride custom, so I was just wondering if this is the first step in trying to steal a bride in Hmong tradition and is ok to get a call from stranger as long as he is Hmong too?

you know i dont think its custom to get a phone call but to have a stranger come over...now thats a different story...
well maybe back in the days
because many weird guys would come visit my older sisters...but of course
they're strangers soo instead my sisters would go get my dad and say hey some dude is here for you
lol. funnie isn't it?
i think it's very stressing to be a dad with strangers coming over trying to court their daughters.

you know now guys cant just take gurls-- but i see where you're coming from
back in the day if a guy saw you and liked you he'd just come and take you.
you'd wouldn't be able to do anything if you weren't able to break free/fight back?
unless your mama -parents are able to retrieve you intime

cecilia

Staff member
"hey we have this store its great. do you kno what wal mart is? because we have one here in stockton."
like naw duhh!! like my city didn't have one? ha! why are hmong peeps attracted to walmart? lol
I don't know why you need to ask this or put this up, i see or feel that almost EVERYONE shop at WAL-MART not just only Hmong people. I shop at WAL-MART for my stuff too b/c i can't afford to pay over 100 dollars for my everyday need supplies :lol: It's cheap stuff. Plus, if it break and i happen to have the item for so long, then it's worth the money i put in.

i know, expensive stuff last longer, i should invest in it, but you know, i get sick of stuff easily, that is why i prefer bargain prices item. Wal-Mart is not as bad as some people put it out to be ^^

neena

sarNie Adult
a few years back in high school some dude called me too...totally ignored him because i wasn't into dating. weeks later another guy called me and i think it was his buddy because he told me that i'm the mean girl who won't talk to his friend. i was like...wth...gossiping about me to his friend. i never spoke to him again and no one's called me since...thank goodness.

don't worry, it happens a lot...hmong guys...some of them need lives.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
omg. this reminds me of a perverted guy that called me out of the blue
this was a few years back when i was like.. 16?
okay.. well.. he called me and told me he was from washington..
and i'm like.. dude.. i don't know anyone from washington..
so he tells me that one of his cousins gave my number to him
which was a big ass lie because i didn't give my number to anyone..
but yeah... he was telling me about himself..
and i was just listening because i thought it was rude to hang up
you know how there's a long silent during phone conversations? lol
well.. he pops a perverted question..
"do you wear thongs?"
so.. i tell him... "don't ever call me again you perverted ass.. go to hell.."
click.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
oh wow.

girl, you did the right thing. *two thumbs up for you :D

There are some really rude Mtt guys out there, whatever you did was not wrong.
I will do the same if i was you and if he continues calling. Go off on him and tell him to get a life.
And omg, do not let him talk to your little sister, mtt guys are like that. big time asshoes! hahaa

pyang

sarNie Egg
LOL.

I only heard of this happening to people it never actually happen to me or any of my sisters. but if I did received a phone call from someone I didn't know and he starts talking to me sweetly (like how HTT people talk to girls) I would laugh my butt off. :lol: My hair would be standing up (translate that in hmong). lol.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
you know i dont think its custom to get a phone call but to have a stranger come over...now thats a different story...
well maybe back in the days
because many weird guys would come visit my older sisters...but of course
they're strangers soo instead my sisters would go get my dad and say hey some dude is here for you
lol. funnie isn't it?
i think it's very stressing to be a dad with strangers coming over trying to court their daughters.

you know now guys cant just take gurls-- but i see where you're coming from
back in the day if a guy saw you and liked you he'd just come and take you.
you'd wouldn't be able to do anything if you weren't able to break free/fight back?
unless your mama -parents are able to retrieve you intime

Few years ago I have a Hmong friend went to steal a Hmong girl from out of State, but now they are happily married with kids. So I was wondering if they call you first, then go steal you or something like that. :lol: I didn't want to ask him too many question, because that was the first time I've heard of such customary so I was curious about the Hmong traditions. ^_^
And I knew a 13 years old Hmong girl got strangers calling her, they told her they saw her a Hmong picnic etc... and her parent didn't say anything, all they told me is fine since those guys are Hmong too. But her little brother kept teasing her that she better be careful or she going to get kidnap. :lol: lolz, I find that very funny and strange at the same time for the parent to think is ok for the girl to talk to strangers because of is traditions.

Anyway thanks for the replied, Hmong traditions is very interesting.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
i'm totally understanded you. As right now, there is this annoying Hmong guy also keeps calling me. I try to ignore him as much as I can but when he uses his home phone number, i tend to answer. So, today I finally told him that I don't like him. I told him that he annoys me with nws lub suab mov mov. 10 or 20 years from now I still won't like him so he should stop calling me. I don't like him and don't want to waste my time on him. I don't know if he will still call or not. He annoys me for the fact that he always repeat my words as questions back to me. He would ask me a question about something and I answer him, then he would return my answer as a question back to him every time. One time I actually told him why the heck he was repeating my words, and then hung up on him.

For example:
scenario 1:

Him: What are you doing right now?
Me: I'm reading stuff.
Him: You are reading?
Me: Yes.

Him: How many brothers and sisters do you have?
Me: I have x brothers and y sisters.
Him: You have x brothers and y sisters.
Me (angry): Didn't I just said that?

Him: what are you doing right now?
Me: I went shopping with my sisters and now we are at Walgreens going to buy X and Y.
Him: Oh...so you just went shopping with your sisters and now you and your sisters are at Walgreens to buy X and Y.

And so on and one...he repeated everything I said and returned as questions. It's not like he didn't hear me.

I just hung up on him when he repeated for a few times. And then there are times when he lectured me about being girl you have to find yourself a husband someday and so forth like he was a mother to me.

macli

sarNie Hatchling
thanks for all the replies..appreciated it.

Hmong girls getting a random call from an unknown guy I think is pretty usual because anyone can pass out their numbers. In my case, the aunts and uncles does it. My parents has such a strong hold on my everyday activity so talking to guy would be out of the ordinary and for them to give out my number is the last thing they'll ever do. Talking about passing that stranger onto someone else in the family to talk to, no I can't bring myself to do it because I'm responsible for my sisters' everyday activities. If they get married, it's my fault. I'm to blame if they secretly date. That's the kind of life I live. Yes I'm the major rebel in the family but when it comes to following such orders, I do it. If they want me to remain single for life, I can do it without rebelling.

Seriously I hate talking to strangers, especially Hmong guys cause when they call, it pretty much means he's trying to hit on you, why else would he call to talk. I hate such methods with a passion thanks to my parents because they raised me that way.

Your stories are hilarious, so similar. I rarely ever talk to strangers on the phone so I get nervous and can't think much of a comeback to slash them because my parents somehow is always there when they call. Everytime I'm tire of that guy talking i'll cut in and ask again and again who gave my number out. He said someone close, then said it's my dad because my dad adores him and wants him as his son in law. OOOOh that time I was pissed. I did say a lot of stuff back. Seriously, he dared to call again. He's thinks he's all that but if that's the case then why would he end up calling to chase after a girl? especially me. LIke what I've post, I look like a FOB(well no make up, out of bed hair, usually in pajamas) most of the time. It's actually weird when people find out that I've never dated cause they think I look like I've been around the block. My brother's girlfriend thought it was weird too when she saw me for the first time at New Year and my brother told her I was a neeg seem(hopefully I spelled that right ahahha). I really don't mind being called neeg seem or old maid.

I know girls who gets excited when they recieve calls from a Hmong stranger who they've never met before but seen pictures online such as in myspace. One girl got married to a guy 3 months later. when I heard about it, I just wanted to go and slap her and wake her up.

again thanks for reading

xyooj92

sarNie Hatchling
u did the right thing!..if some random guy just calls me and starts talking shit bouts me like that..id b like get lost..and hang up and never answer his calls again..and i HATE mtts..sry..but i have a sis in law thats a mtt and shes a fucking bitch and her mom is an even bigger big..and yeah..they r sooooooooooo arrogant!..grr..i hate them soooooo much

KayC

sarNie Hatchling
hey....same experience here too...a few years ago when my cousin wasn't married yet and my aunt would always force me to go to new years and tournaments and ball toss with her, I always got phone calls from weird guys I've never heard of before nor seen before. They would either tell me that they got the phone number from friends but would never tell me. Other times, the guys got my number from relatives or people who knew me... it was so annoying...it got to the point where whenever a guy calls and asks for me and I don't know him...I would have whoever answered the phone tell him that I wasn't home or that I was busy....thinking back....it was funny....and weird

Raindrops

sarNie Hatchling
I agree some hmong guys can be annoying. I remember growing up have random strangers call me and I would usually hang up on them. But it's the time when random strangers show up at your house that you can't get away from. I had an great-aunt, who was really into trying to get all the guys married off that sometimes she would tell people she know to call me or come visit me. One time this random guy got sent over to my parents by this aunt and was trying to sweet talk to me, which was pretty annoying. I ran off the first moment I could when a friend showed up tell this guy that my friend and I have to go somewhere important. Hmong guys can sometimes be so creepy...LOL. I remember hearing guys talk about how most hmong family would have a daughter name "mai" something or other and so they would just randomly looking up a phone number in the phone book and call to ask "if Mai was home". That is my name so I got a few of those calls as well, which I always just hang up on..LOL.