Nobody's Business (Completed)

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 11: Shock

Oh no. The events of the night and exploring her body were all a dream. “How can this be?” It was already 7AM and he wondered if Thanh already left for work. She probably didn’t since work was only three blocks away. He walked out and Thanh was sitting at the table in a baby blue pjs with a cute little puppy on it. It was definitely not silky. She turned to look at him and smiled. “You know I didn’t think that I would like you this fast.” Run thought it was a compliment and accepted it. “It’s weird. Our situation. But, I guess you do what you do and I do what I do as long as my mom doesn’t find out I’m living with a guy. I should be fine. It is adventurous to me.” Run’s heart dropped. He began to pout and say, “I think I’m going to go back to my routines. You probably won’t see me around.” He was too prideful.

He got dressed and left. Thanh got dressed and left for work too. Run was the last thing on her mind last night before she fell asleep. She couldn’t believe that he would respond like that to her words this morning. She just didn’t want to get closer. She was afraid she’d fall for him if she tried to get closer. Those other two instances made her worry. Never had she gotten so close to a guy like that. Nobody had even held her hand before. Even Ton didn’t touch her and they’re friends.

After work, Run decided to go home. He couldn’t go to a hotel like he told Thanh because he kept thinking about her. How can he be with someone and see only her face? At home he noticed the lights were on in the living room. He noticed a car. He took several steps through the door and heard music being played. He walked down the hall to the den. There, he saw his mom sitting waiting for him. She saw him and got up to come hug him. “Run, I missed you so.”

My Critique​

It was all a dream :( Too bad for Run. He's is falling for her fast.​

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
it was all a dream. wow, Run did think to far...haha...
he's so cute, he really...really...likes her NOW! :wub:

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 12: Gallery of Dreams

Two days had passed and Thanh has not seen Run around. “I guess he must’ve really gone back to his usual ways.” She continued to work as usual and even let go of her father’s situation thanks to Ron being silly him. Her orientation will be completed next week and she will have three days off after all the work hours that she has accumulated this week. It’s really hard to think that she has no feelings for Run; Thanh kind of missed seeing him around. But now, she wasn’t even jealous anymore that he was back to his old ways. At first she complained to herself about it, but she let it go because it wasn’t her personality to meddle in other people’s business. But, then, “Why did she have to meddle with her parent’s love life in the first place?”

The next day

Thanh finally has her first day off. She would like to walk around the city a bit. After walking several blocks, she decided to take a bus to another part of town. She heard that her great aunt’s old place used to be around a boutique-like setting.

When she got off, she walked a block and spotted a nice coffee shop. She entered to have a sip of coffee. Behind her sat two women who were gossiping about Run. One girl said, “Finally, my dreams are coming true. Thank you for putting a word in for me best friend. I am finally going to marry my dream man.” The other girl said, “You can thank me later. It was your mom who finished off the deed. He will love you because you’re my friend. If I knew you liked him earlier I would’ve helped you before his ex passed away. You know how close I was to him. But, his fiancé was such a lovely girl. She was beautiful and she was gentle with all around her. Too bad her death was tragic like that.” Then the other voice came back on, “I feel lucky because if she hadn’t had that accident, then I wouldn’t be next in line.” “Don’t you feel horrible about being with a guy who has been sleeping around? Have you even gone to show your face to him yet? I just can’t believe he finally agreed to meet you. Do you want me to go along when you see him tomorrow?” Said the other voice. The girl hesitated and told her friend that she’s going with her mom to meet Run and that should be enough.

Thanh couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Maybe it was a different Run, but the Run they were talking about slept around. Thanh decided to ignore it because it wasn’t her business to butt in or to even care. She finished off her coffee and got up, but the person who sat behind her got up at the same time and they bumped into each other. Thanh began to say sorry but was cut off. The other person apologized instead. The girl looking at her was cute and looked oddly familiar to her. She was the same height as Thanh, but had on a bit too much makeup. Maybe they studied together in the past. But, Thanh excused herself and left. The other girl stared after her. A feeling of closeness swept over her.

After another block Thanh saw an art gallery. It was beautiful. She thought her mom would’ve really loved to see this. Thanh walked in and started looking at all the paintings. Even though she was into science, she could still admire art. Art spoke to her emotions in so many different ways. Art was special to her because she had always wanted one from her mother. She walked to the ceramics section and one piece of art caught her eye. It was a sculpture of a lotus about to bloom and out of the tip of it was a thin necklace with a ring on it made out of clay. It reminded her of her dad. Or, not dad, but that bastard who had the guts to call her father a character. She skimmed down to look at the artist’s name. It said “Name: A Broken Return. Artist: P.K. Year: 1989.” P.K. could it be? Could it be Pirot Khoonpa?

A gentleman cleared his throat. He was in a business attire suit that made him seem like he was going to buy this art piece. “You know, you’ve been standing here for 20 minutes? Just staring at this?” Thanh told him that she liked this piece. The gentleman said, “I don’t understand the meaning of this piece. But my mom said the artist is really known, but wanted to remain pretty much anonymous. And this artist was her long time friend. I never got to find out who it was before she passed away.” So many people didn’t want to buy this work because they didn’t know who P.K. was. But, anyways, “My name is Andrew Miller. I own this gallery. May I ask for your name?”

“Hello. Nice to meet you. You can call me Thanh. I don’t give out my name to strangers. Sorry.” Andrew asked Thanh if she wanted assistance walking around the gallery. He could take her to private VIP rooms as well. She smiled and agreed. They went into a room where the art was made of sugar. Andrew told her to be careful because even if she stumbled a bit, some of the art will crash to the floor. She laughed. As they were about to shut the door behind them, a small piece of sugar art dropped to the floor. Thanh froze in place. It was her fault for almost tripping out the door. She dropped to the floor and started apologizing. Andrew calmly told her to get up. “You know, you’re not the first one to do that. You just have to pay for it. That piece was worth 100,000 baht. At least it wasn’t the 2 million one.” Thanh’s jaw dropped. She couldn’t afford to pay that right now. She asked if she could make a payment. Andrew smiled and said, “I was joking about having to pay back. It’s just sugar. And I don’t really care if they break.” Thanh told him that she still felt guilty because it is art. The artist put a lot of work into it. Her mom is an artist and her mom would be very sad if something like that happened to her art.

Andrew started to feel a little guilty. This girl was mesmerizing to him. “It must be love at first sight.” He thought to himself. He remembered walking down the steps earlier and she was standing there looking at this art piece. Her skin was fair and her facial expression was sweet. She dressed well and was modest. Best of all, she was alone and no ring on her finger. He tends to be an observant guy. He quietly walked to the side of the gallery and walked up behind her. She smelled like sweet roses, her perfume must’ve been expensive. He stood next to her and started the conversation. Her voice was even more mysteriously captivating. Now, he felt like he had ruined his moment in catching her good side. But, he asked her, “You know, I do feel a bit saddened for my comments about art. Will you teach me more? Can we meet for a lunch or dinner date to make up for my mistake?”

Thanh hesitated a bit, but figured since it was her fault for breaking that art piece, she agreed. Besides, Andrew would benefit from her teachings about art appreciation and she wanted to have another friend in Bangkok. They agree to meet tomorrow at noon for lunch. Thanh suggested she drive there herself.

My Critique
Finally you're all starting to get introduced to the supporting characters :p Sorry it took so long. I think I'm halfway finished with this fan fiction.

jeeja

Andrew, wat a guy. He fell for her at first sight. lol, who wouldn't, Run is already obsessed with her too. :p

Can't wait, seems like Run will run into them, my guessing.

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
Thanks for this chapters. Feel bad for Run in chapter 11. I hope its a different Run too but I don't think it be and wounder who the girl that Thanh bump into??? I think it might be her long sister but who know?...I wonder what will Run do when he see Thanh with Andrew.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 13: I Want You Bad

Today would be the day that Run meets Miss Nisa Worrapichay (Sa). He remembers her a bit from the past. She was so quiet back in the day and seemed lonely. She hung out with Annie a lot. Now, Annie doesn’t come around much and she doesn’t even visit her father at the hospital anymore. His mom pretty much pulled the guilty card on him and made him agree to meet this girl. If he didn’t agree to meet her then his dad might have to retire early. Run thought his mom wanted his dad to retire anyways, but why is she using it to make him feel guilty now? Run also thought of Thanh and didn’t want to go back to sleeping around because he wanted to possess only her right now. His goal is to get her to be his. This new girl will just be there to maybe make Thanh jealous of him because his mom will probably force engagement with Sa. This will definitely make Thanh envious.

Finally at noon the gates opened and Run’s mom called him to go out and greet their guests. Out walked this lady and this Sa. She was pretty, dressed more provocative than he remembered, and one of the girls he’d use. She smiled at him and greeted him. He grabbed her hands and gave it a kiss. She turned towards her mom and smiled and blushed. Sith and her mom put up the okay sign and turned to face each other and giggled to themselves. They headed inside and Run let Sa link arms with him. They sat in the dining hall and began their lunch. The conversation was mellow. By the end of the lunch, Sith spoke up and said, “I was thinking, since you two hit it off so well today, you can go on a real date tonight? You will be engaged soon anyways.” Run started to choke a bit, but got his grip and continued to charm Sa. He wanted Sa in his hands and smiled staring at her. But, at that moment, he was thinking of Thanh and how she’ll react to him being engaged. He could see that spunkiness turn to tears and then a yearn for him. Since she’s been so tough with him, this will surely pull her closer.

On the other side of the city, Andrew had prepared a lunch at a local restaurant near the bridge. Thanh was punctual and they sat to eat. They had a nice conversation and Andrew asked if Thanh would be interested in possibly continue in dating him. She stopped a bit and thought this guy was nice, but she doesn’t want a boyfriend right now. She wants to be independent and she doesn’t want a guy to wait on her while she works long hours. She told Andrew that she only wanted to be friends for now. Andrew told her he’ll wait. He told her that she really caught his heart and used a fishing line to draw him in. She blushed a bit. Thanh told him her reasons for not accepting the offer, but told him that they can hang out on days that she has off. She gave him her number and he gave his to her. “Call me whenever you need me. I’m always free for you,” said Andrew.

Later that night Andrew was able to drop Thanh off at the apartment. Thanh invited him in and the landlord asked where her husband is. Thanh laughed and told Andrew to follow her anyways and she’ll explain. On the way up Thanh told Andrew that this random guy she met got the apartment for her and wanted to use this apartment as an escape from the media. The guy helped her out a lot and even though he was a stranger, she felt she could trust him. “Maybe I trust people too easily,” stated Thanh.

Andrew didn’t mind. She was a modern day woman and things like this don’t bother him. At least she’s single. He stepped in and Thanh offered him water. They started to talk and Thanh drifted off. She started to think what would happen if Run caught this moment with her and Andrew. Will Run misunderstand? She started to feel like she wanted him there instead of Andrew. She wanted to have a real conversation with Run. Since she met him first, maybe he could be her friend too. But, he’s too busy with himself to care about her. He hasn’t been here in 3 days. Maybe he’ll never return. Maybe she will have to pay rent on her own. At this moment, she wanted him there badly.

At 10, Thanh told Andrew that she’ll walk him out. Andrew Okayed it and they went to the front of the apartment complex. Run had drove by with Sa by his side. They stopped at a stop sign and Run peered at his side mirror. He could see a man with Thanh. Thanh smiled to this man and then the man hugs Thanh. Run could see the man's face light up.

Run suddenly felt anger. He was going to jump out of the car, but Sa interrupted him and asked why he took off his seat belt. Run turned to look at Sa and asked if she wanted to go somewhere with him. She blushed and told him okay. All he knew was that he wanted Thanh badly and the only way was to make Sa his so that the engagement will come faster. Thanh will be shocked for sure.

My Critique
I know, an evil way for Run to make a girl jealous right? Is it called cheating? Hmm...I don't consider Run cheating on Thanh if they've never dated. But then, if Run really liked Thanh he shouldn't be doing that because it is a pretty low thing to do. Then again, he saw Andrew hug Thanh and men know what other men are thinking. Still...he couldn't see Thanh's facial expression from the mirror. Testosterone in men make them jump to conclusions :p or perhaps love does that because as people say, "love makes you blind". Enjoy everyone.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 14: Mr. Khoonpa Speak Up

Thanh had been working at the hospital for a month now. She had heard rumors from Mrs. Vilai that Run was engaged to a political leader’s daughter. Thanh would have to pay rent today and she was lucky to have saved enough to pay both hers and Run’s rent. As she went to the counter, the landlord told her that it was already settled. Her husband had paid for it. Thanh was shocked. She decided to go up stairs and write a note out for him and place her payment in the envelope. She also decided to calculate that she’d have to pay more since he only stayed there for two nights total out of 30 days. The door was unlocked and Run was sitting there. Thanh dropped her bag. He was actually here. Her heart fluttered and that feeling of not seeing him in so long made her feel weak in the knees. Why did he have to come back now, when she finally started to not miss him as much.

Run got up, pulled Thanh aside, closed the door, and moved her back in front of him and pushed Thanh against the door and leaned against her. His face was right in front of hers. She started to shake. “Honey, I’m back.” Then he smirked and got off. She rushed to the chair and started talking about paying him back; trying to ignore her feelings a moment ago. She took out money and handed it to him. He told her it was fine. She can pay for next month’s rent. He then asked her if she wondered where he has been lately. She denied wanting to know even though she wanted to know deep down inside. Run didn’t care and told her she’ll have to bare it and listen to him. “I am engaged now. Getting married next month. But, I still need a place to escape here at the apartment. I can’t stand being with one person for so long. I’m doing this for my family.” Thanh was shocked at how he would think of an engagement as a small matter. She told Run that he shouldn’t marry if he didn’t love the girl. But he said, “How do you know I don’t love her?” Thanh went silent and walked to her room.

Several days passed and Run seemed to have left to the hospital. He has been back at the apartment because there was always something at the table from him for her. He’d either leave breakfast or a little note wishing her a good day at work. There would be a meeting at the hospital today. Thanh would have to face the bastard Khoonpa.

Later that day
Thanh sat quietly at the meeting wanting to ignore the fact that she was in the same room as this guy. Mr. Khoonpa stood up and announced an attention. “Today, I wanted to make things clear with the people I love. Both my son and daughter are here today. Karn stand up. You too Annie.” Everyone clapped. Thanh recognized Annie from the coffee shop. She couldn’t believe she had accidentally bumped into her sister. “Not only are these two here, but my other daughter is here as well.” Everyone silenced. “I have done wrong to this daughter and I feel horrible about it. That’s why today when I give positions; I will be fair to all my children. I hope that she accepts and find in her heart to forgive me.” Karn and Annie’s eyes lit up. They couldn’t believe their father was announcing this without telling them beforehand. “My other daughter, Prathanh Sinh.” Everyone eyed Thanh and she began to sink in her seat. “I, I, I…” Mrs. Vilai grabbed her arm and pulled her up to stand. Thanh felt really nervous, but she was too proud to escape the room. She didn’t want to run away at this point. Mr. Yot told her to walk up to the front. Everyone cheered. “I am going to give Thanh a position as assistant director of Mr. Yot at our sister site.” Thanh’s jaw dropped and her eyes filled with confusion and tears. Pirot continued on to mention that Karn will be assistant hospital director and Annie will have to take care of equipment management.

All Thanh could do was stand there like a freak during the meeting. She was very surprised. After everyone left, Thanh was asked to go for a family meeting upstairs. She quietly followed still in shock. In the office, Pirot shut the door and asked all his children to sit down. They all obeyed.

“Karn…Annie…I want to introduce you to your older sister.” Both turned to look at Thanh. All of a sudden, Thanh burst out, “Hang on. What am I doing? I don’t want any of this! I don’t want to get special treatment and I don’t want to be assistant director! I didn’t even get advanced notice!” She began to stand up. Karn reached over and held her wrist to sit back down. She looked at Karn and his eyes were swelling up. Then the non-obedient Annie shouts, “You know, you’re not the only one that dad didn’t discuss information with. We thought we were only here for lunch with him. We didn’t think we’d get positions here. I don’t even like it here!” Thanh was about to speak, but Karn interrupted. “This is all really shocking to us. Dad never told us anything. But, you know what?” Karn started to look Thanh in the eye and say, “We don’t care how you’re related to us, but we’re not horrible siblings for you to not want to be around.” Annie added, “I’m glad that we have a long lost sister. This makes life more exciting.” She begins to chuckle a little bit. Thanh softened up as she saw Annie laugh. Annie reminded her of herself. Karn on the other hand reminded her of her sorrowful self. He began to wipe his tears away and smiled a bit. He looked at Thanh and said, “Annie is right. It is a relief to know why our parents are so annoying. Please stay by our side. We want to get to know you.”

Pirot couldn’t get a word in during this conversation. He was glad his twins accepted Thanh. He had a feeling they would since they were raised well by the nanny. Besides, their mom never really took care of them to have a huge influence on their personalities. He smiled.

My Critique
In the real world I don't know how long lost siblings can really just accept each other like that. But, in my fan fiction the twins are very nice siblings.​

jeeja

wat a meanie. Run is totally in love with her, but wants to hurt her. urgh, i dislike those guys. :angry:

wow, she has twin sibling. something new, like how their boy n girl too.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 15: Tragedy

Annie suggested that the siblings go for an outing to get to know each other better. Pirot gave them all a day off. He wanted his children to get along and he didn’t want to butt in. It was better for him to leave them together because the twins would have better luck in getting Thanh to accept him. Also, Thanh seemed to really be soft with her siblings.

During their outing Annie told Thanh about her parents. She told Thanh that her parents are very unhappy with one another. Her mom is never around and when she is she is always nagging them to do this and that like her rich friend’s kids. “Dad is always at work too. We always have to meet him during lunch because he never passes that opportunity to eat. He also makes us do stuff that we don’t want to. After high school I was forced to go to school to do business. I didn’t even get a chance to try to become a superstar or a fashion designer.” Karn laughed at his sister. “In your dreams sister!” He then tells Thanh that he had a feeling dad kept some sort of secret from them. He also told Thanh that he went to business school for dad just to shut him up and to avoid mom. He really wants to travel to Ireland for a little bit and explore Europe. But, he sees dad struggle at work sometimes. Plus, he doesn’t want to be a burden on dad with his age. So, he will do what pleases dad.

Thanh begins to tell her siblings her situation and how she came to find out about their dad. She wanted to be adamant about her not knowing the situation until she opened the box. She knew she had another dad but didn’t want to make her mom and step dad unhappy. She was also honest about accepting the job offer in Bangkok and wanting to find out about her real dad. But, she also didn’t want it to seem like she was here as a gold digger. Annie looked at her and said with sincerity, “I believe you sister. You don’t have to worry about anything. We are glad we have someone like you. It may seem fast to say that we accept you. But, we both really do feel comfortable with you and we trust you. Maybe it is a sibling thing. I personally feel like I’ve known you all my life.” Karn agrees. They made a pact to be there for each other and to work together to make dad happy.

Thanh went home that day feeling very lucky. She felt like her dad was doing something to help her for a change. He isn’t bad after all. He was really miserable without mom. But, it will take time to really forgive him.

The phone rang as she entered the apartment. Thanh rushed to answer the phone. As she picked up, she can hear May shouting, “Thanh, Thanh are you there? You have to come home! Your mom, she’s, she’s very sick. She saw the video! She fainted!”

Thanh rushed out the door and found the first flight out. She didn’t care how much it cost to take a flight out. She didn’t even leave a note for Run in case he wonders where she is. All she could think about was her mom.

My Critique
Just enjoy :D

jeeja

Oh, her mom is sick, and she left Run. Wonder wat he'll do when he finds out she's gone.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 16: Worrisome

Thanh had reached home. Ton came to pick her up and they took a cab to the hospital. While there, Thanh was requested to be seen by the doctor who asked if he she could consent for a brain surgery. Her mother has brain cancer that might be spreading to other parts of the body. Thanh was shocked by the news. She then had a flash back of her mother almost fainting two days before she left for Bangkok. She should’ve been more attentive of her mother. She felt horrible about it. Thanh asked the doctor about the risks and if doing the surgery can save her mother’s life. The Dr. just told her that her mother has 50% of living with the surgery. Thanh knew that wasn’t much, but she felt like she had to sign for it because it was better than not trying at all. She signed the papers.

Afterwards, Thanh entered her mother’s room. She was teary eyed and started talking to her mother and holding her mother’s hand. “Mom, please forgive me for being a careless daughter. I shouldn’t have left. I lied to you when I left. I didn’t leave here because there were no jobs. I didn’t want to be the best. I only left because…” she paused. “…because I wanted to find dad. I wanted to know if he went after you. You know what I found? He did go after you.” Thanh remembered the art she saw in the gallery. She knew P.K. was her father. She knew that necklace and ring looked exactly like what her father had given to her stepfather to give to her mother. She just merely wanted to forget it until today. “Mom, dad still thinks about you. I want to call him to tell him to come and see you. Please let me do this. Father would want to see you happy. He told me himself that he wants us to be happy.” Thanh could feel movement in her mother’s hands as she was holding it.

Two days later:
Run has been busy with his engagement since his mom hasn’t left to go back to Australia. Supposedly the wedding will be in two months because Sa had cried her eyes out about being taken advantage of before their wedding. He had lied to Thanh about getting married the next month. He wanted to see her reaction. As for Sa being taken advantage of, he never touched her. That night he was so angry. They went to a bar and he drank a little bit. Sa drank a bit too. So when they got to the hotel Run ordered some more liquor. He let Sa talk while he thought of what he saw earlier. He couldn’t get that guy hugging Thanh out of his mind. He was angry. He planned on taking advantage of Sa to make the engagement come faster and make Thanh jealous. But he reflected back on why he would do this just to make one girl jealous. Besides, he had sworn he’d leave other girls alone while he tries to win Thanh’s heart. At that moment he decided to just pretend like he took advantage of this girl. This way he can still get engaged but not really cheat on Thanh. “Sa, do you want to marry me?” asked Run. Sa replied, “Yes.” Then Run told Sa about his plans for their wedding to come quickly. Sa agreed that they would pretend they stayed the night together.

That next day, Run told the parents that he won’t touch Sa again until after the wedding. He’s been cooperative with the whole wedding thing until he saw Thanh again two days ago. He thought he’d feel good about the whole situation but when he saw Thanh she didn’t seem to budge in showing any kind of jealousy. Now Thanh hasn’t been around the apartment the last two days. She kind of went missing. In the past he’s been to the apartment at different hours when he knew she wouldn’t be there or when she was sleeping. But, he noticed that nothing has been touched this time. Today he was going to go in after work to see if Thanh is back. The reporters have left him alone recently. They had assumed that Run’s mystery girl is Sa since their talk of marriage was revealed.

After work:
“Hmm, everything is still the same again. I’m going to go into her room to see if she’s even been back once.” He grabbed onto the doorknob and twisted it. It clicked and he opened the door. Her room smelled really good. It must be that rose smell that she wears. He walked over to her bed and sat down. He started to daydream. That smell was just so strong. When he first grabbed onto her in the car, when he first pounced on her at the hotel, he remembered it as if it were yesterday. He wondered why he felt this way towards her. Can this be love? He loved his first fiancé, but it was different. His first love was sweet, caring, and everything he wanted in a girl. Thanh must just be a girl that he can’t seem to have and he wants to possess her. She’d say things and it’ll make him change his mind. Her words would sometimes stab him hard because she’s right about him. Thanh was also mysterious and spontaneous to him.

After half an hour in her room he fell asleep. A knock at the door a couple minutes later woke him up. He got up and walked to open the door. At the door a familiar figure stood there. It was Andrew. The two men looked at each other and Andrew finally said, “Hi. I’m looking for Thanh. I have something for her.” Run began to put up a defensive front and say, “Um, she’s not here right now. Do you want to leave a message for her?” Andrew smirked and said sure. “Please tell her that the artist had contacted me to give this art piece that she was interested in to her. She can pick it up when she returns. I’ve tried calling her but she hasn’t been picking up.” Andrew thanked Run and started to walk down the hall.

“Hey. Hang on. Who should I say you are?” called Run. Andrew turned and told Run to tell him it is from Andrew. Andrew continued on again. Run got desperate so he ran after Andrew again. “Hey, Andrew! You seem to have her number. Can I have it?” Andrew laughed. “You two live together and you don’t know her number?” Run started to feel embarrassed. “Well, I’ve never asked her for her number. Who are you to her anyways?” asked Run. Andrew said, “I’m a friend. We met when she came to my gallery. I tried dating her, but she only wanted to be friends. I do want to keep fighting for her though. It seems like you like her too?” Run denied it and told him that Thanh is just his roommate and he’s starting to get worried because he she hasn’t been back for a couple days.

After Andrew left, Run started to call the number he got. Sure enough, the phone’s voicemail was full. “That guy filled her box up,” thought Run. The next thing he wanted to do was call Pirot to see if he had any word on Thanh. When he called, Pirot asked Run how he knew Thanh was missing. Pirot told Run that he had checked at the office and Thanh had called and had a family emergency. Pirot also told Run that he doesn’t know where Thanh is located, but maybe her office can give him answers.

The next morning:
Run went straight to office and asked for information on Thanh. They told him that they don’t give out employee information. Then Run started flirting with the receptionist and asked why the company hired Thanh. Run found out that Thanh was from Chiang Rai and was an intern at a partner company over there. Run thanked the secretary and got on a plane to go straight there. He was worried about Thanh but didn’t want to accept it himself. Once he got there, he started asking where he can find this company. He finally found the company and went inside. All the girls there were shrieking at his site. They recognized him from the papers. One girl said, “Oh my. I heard he was getting married.”

He walked about to the receptionist and asked, “Can you tell me where I can find Thanh?” The receptionist said she couldn’t tell him. But then he said, “I am Thanh’s husband. I came to find her. She won’t answer my call.” Everyone who was eavesdropping stopped what they were doing. One girl came over and said, “Are you really Thanh’s husband? Oh my gosh, she didn’t tell us. Aren’t you getting married to someone else?” Run replied, “That’s just a cover up.” The girl told Run that she can take Run to the hospital because that’s where Thanh is. Run started to look worried. “What? What is wrong with her? That’s why she hasn’t been answering her phone.” The girl calmed Run down and told her that it wasn’t Thanh who is hurt, it is Thanh’s mom. Thanh’s mom is in critical condition.

My Critique
Andrew was straightforward to Run. Haha. I will be out of town this weekend. So no updates till either Sunday night or Monday. As for the video tape, I don't know if I mention it later on, but in the second chapter, Thanh has videotaped opening the box. Enjoy everyone.​

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 17: Here for You

At the hospital, Run went to ask where a patient was. The last name is Sinh. The nurse looked up the information and asked him what the patient was in for. Run didn’t know, but the girl who brought him told the nurse that she was in for brain cancer. Run looked worried. “Wow, she must be in serious condition to be at the hospital for this.” They got the room number and he rushed up to the room. Thanh had left to go get some dinner, so nobody was in the room. Run went in and saw this lady lying there. She was a beautiful lady. He couldn’t believe this was who Mr. Khoonpa was with. He wondered why Mr. Khoonpa let such a beautiful lady go. Run sat down and began to introduce himself. “Hello. I am Niran Amarin. I am Thanh’s friend. I was worried about Thanh so I came to find her. Looks like you just had surgery. “ Then the door opened and Run turned around. It was Thanh. Thanh looked surprised to see Run. She didn’t expect him at all. Run stood up and said hi. He then told her that he got worried about her because she never went home. She got a grip and told him that she had to leave because her mom is very sick. Then she told Run they can go out and talk. They went and found a sitting area and Run sat next to Thanh. She looked sad today. Run could see dark circles and puffiness under her eyes. “My mom has brain cancer. She just got out of surgery today. I’m still not sure if she will survive it.” Said Thanh.

Run moved his hand towards Thanh. He hesitated, but he then decided to go ahead and hug her instead. She began to tear up and he told her to keep on crying and let it all out. Today he is here to listen to her. Run told her that he will try to help out. She felt comfortable with him holding her. She loved hearing the comfort in his voice. Thanh sobbed and told him that the best doctors can’t solve this. It is all fate. She told Run that she wanted to call her dad, but doesn’t want him to worry. She didn’t want her dad to find out about this. Run decided to encourage her to tell him because it may be their last chance to meet up.

Thanh then let go and said, “You think my mom will die?” Run knew he made a stupid comment and told her it wasn’t that at all. It’s just…it’s just not 100% sure. Thanh slowly began to agree. Then she told Run that her phone wasn’t working. Run said, “Now I know why you haven’t been picking up.” “Yes it died sometime yesterday,” explained Thanh. Run laughed. “You know who else has been trying to contact you? Andrew.” Thanh smiled. “Andrew said something about this artwork. The artist wanted to give it to you,” said Run.

“Really?” asked Thanh. That news made her few more at ease. Thanh asked Run if she could use his phone to call her dad. Actually, she decided to call Annie instead because she doesn’t want her dad to get another attack. Run agreed. On the other line Annie saw that Run was calling her. “Geez, he’s finally calling me after he’s engaged to my friend.” She picked up and said, “Run, finally you call.” Thanh cleared her throat and said, “Hi Annie. It’s me.” Annie wondered why Thanh was on Run’s phone. “I want you to help me. It’s concerning my mom. I don’t know if you’ll allow dad to come visit my mom. She has brain cancer. She just had surgery and there is only a 50% chance of her surviving.” Annie was shocked to hear the news. “Of course I will allow that.” Said Annie. She told Thanh that she will go meet dad and tell him to go. But she told Thanh that Thanh will have to say it herself to dad. Thanh told Annie that Pirot had an asthma attack with sudden news in the past and was worried. So, Annie said that she will be right there to prevent anything from happening when Thanh tells him.

At the office, Annie dialed Run’s number and had her father talk. “Hi Thanh. What is going on?” Thanh responded, “Mr. Khoonpa, I mean…dad. Mom is very sick right now. Can you find time to come and see her?” Pirot wanted to collapse, but Annie was right there to ease him. He stuttered and told Thanh he was leaving right away. Annie and Pirot made it to the hospital and both went into the hospital room. Annie admired Thanh’s mom and said, “Wow, she is gorgeous! Dad, what were you thinking of leaving her for my mom?” Pirot stayed silent. He went closer and sat down. He reached over and held Mornnapa’s hand. It was cold.

Everyone left the room and sat in the waiting room. Annie asked, “Run, what are you doing here?” Run responded, “I got worried about Thanh.” Thanh then said, “Annie, Run and I have an apartment together.” Annie was shocked. She began to laugh and say, “What? Run then why are you marrying my friend?” Thanh began to deny things between them and she said, “It’s not what you’re thinking. We just rent it together. He has his own room.” Annie laughed more. Then Run told Annie to be quiet. She shouldn’t be happy at this hour. Then Annie said that she can be because life can’t always be sad. People have to smile and laugh so they don’t get old and grumpy. Thanh totally agreed with it and told Annie thanks for that because even though mom might be dying, life has to go on.

Run couldn’t understand it. He lost the love of his life and he was so heartbroken by it. These two sisters can laugh about death as if it were nothing. He let them be. Back in the room Pirot had a drop of tear. He began to talk, “Mornnapa. I never thought I’d be able to see you again. Now that I do see you, I wish I can hear your sweet voice again. I waited for you. But, I guess my waiting is not as painful as yours was for me the day of the engagement announcement. My excuse is worthless. Even though Airlin claimed she had cancer, I should’ve followed my heart. Now you are the one who is sick and she is the one all happy and cured. Mornnapa, I love you still.”
Mornnapa’s hand began to move and her eyes began to twitch. She started talking hoarsely. “Pirot, Pirot have you come?” Pirot got excited and decided to call the doctor. The hospital team rushed in Thanh, Annie, and Run started to worry again. When they reached the room, the nurse told them that Mornnapa was coming out of coma. Annie and Thanh shrieked and hugged each other.

The next day, Karn had come in the morning. He wanted to see this infamous step-mother. When he got there, everyone was laughing and smiling. Pirot introduced Mornnapa to Karn. Karn went over and hugged her. He told her that he’s never seen his dad this happy.

During lunch all the children left to go eat. Pirot and Mornnapa talked some more. They had straightened things out and Pirot found out Mornnapa never knew about waiting for him. Mornnapa also found out from Thanh’s video that Ruan had left a box for Thanh with information about her father’s identity. It made her think too much when she saw Thanh cry in the video. Mornnapa admitted that she felt horrible for not telling Thanh who her real father was after seeing the video. And that she felt selfish about it. She let her daughter be unhappy while she was hurt. She laughed at Ruan’s cleverness. Mornnapa also complimented Pirot’s children for being so open. “They are exactly like our Thanh.” Then Mornnapa got serious. “Pirot, our time is so short. But, promise me one thing. Take care of our daughter. Make sure she is happy. And Run, seems to really like her.” Pirot was unsure why Mornnapa was talking in this way. But he promised.

By evening, Mornnapa asked Thanh over. She told Thanh to watch out for herself. She even told Thanh that she thought Run likes her. She told Thanh to not let him escape. Thanh chuckled. Mornnapa told Thanh that she was serious. She heard what Run said when she was unconscious. Thanh smiled. Besides, a guy who didn’t have any feelings for Thanh wouldn’t rush over to see her. Run fell asleep on the couch, but he woke up and heard this conversation.

All of a sudden, the cardiac monitor began to beep. Thanh looked at her mother and Mornnapa was beginning to fall asleep. “Mom, what is wrong?” Mornnapa said, “Good bye.” At that moment, Pirot had returned from his dinner with the kids. He got to Mornnapa on the other side and Karn went to call the staff. Run got up from the couch and rushed over to place his arms on Thanh. Annie went to comfort her father. The doctors arrived and tried to revive Mornnapa. But, she is gone.

My Critique
Lots happen in this chapter. Seems like I'm speeding up the story (like those annoying lakorns) of her family issues; sorry :( . I guess as I was writing I had the goal of only writing a certain amount of chapters since I wrote the ending right after the first couple of chapters. This is a sad chapter.​

jeeja

sad that Thanh's mom die. Run to the rescue, hope there r more of them. some sweet scenes too, to make up for the sadness in this chapter.