Nkauj Laus/Nraug Laus

Ima 24; so am I NKAUJ LAUS? Sheesh! Ima getting tired of all the FUSS! I still consider 24 YOUNG yo! Okae in my perspective I still say Ima YOUNG! Honestly I havent even thought about getting married, let just say havent even consider getting into a RELATIONSHIP yet due to SKOOL and etc... I can say tat I have alot of friends who are GUYS and that I am pretty close to but never consider anything more.
These old fogies are like WHY AM I NOT MARRIED? WHY AM I LIVING ALONE FAR FROM FAMILY? AM I A GUD GIRL? AND BLAH BLAH BLAH... HECK IMA HERE FOR SKOOL NOT HERE TO GET MARRIED, AND HAVE MILLIONS OF KIDS. SHEESH! I HAVE A FUTURE AHEAD OF ME AND I PLAN TO NOT EVEN GET MARRIED TIL 30 OR SO.
OKAE ITS UNDERSTANDABLE THAT IMA A CHICK AND ALL AND I DO PLAN TO HAVE KIDS AND GET MARRIED BUT I FEEL SO MUCH PRESSURE ON ME. WHO HERE GETS TAT? SURE IF I REALLY WANT TO GET MARRIED I CAN JUST HOOK UP WITH MY GUYFRIENDS HERE BUT DANG ITS GETTING PRETTY ANNOYING TO ME! PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!

SO BUDDIES... WHERE EVER YOU ARE, THE HMONG PEOPLE THERE; WHAT WOULD THEY CONSIDER A PERSON BEING NKAUJ LAUS AND NRAUG LAUS? AGE RANGE WISE AND SUCH? I DONT FEEL OLD ONE BIT; STILL SO YOUNG AT HEART WITH A BIG DREAM!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
24 is really young.
OGs will keep talking...
if you get married young... they will yak
if you are 'old' and single.. they will yak.
we don't live to satisfy anyone.
keep on doing your thing.
you have goals in life... ignore their talk

mly

sarNie Hatchling
When they lable you a nkauj laus that just means, they are afraid no one will marry you. The og's thinks that guys only wants young girls. Plus the younger you are the more kids you can have. In America here, I consider nkaujlaus to be around 35 yrs. So don't let their words bother you. Just stay in school and do what's best for you. Would you rather be a successful nkaujlaus or a stressful mother at a young age? I think you know the answer to it.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Ima 24; so am I NKAUJ LAUS? Sheesh! Ima getting tired of all the FUSS! I still consider 24 YOUNG yo! Okae in my perspective I still say Ima YOUNG! Honestly I havent even thought about getting married, let just say havent even consider getting into a RELATIONSHIP yet due to SKOOL and etc... I can say tat I have alot of friends who are GUYS and that I am pretty close to but never consider anything more.
These old fogies are like WHY AM I NOT MARRIED? WHY AM I LIVING ALONE FAR FROM FAMILY? AM I A GUD GIRL? AND BLAH BLAH BLAH... HECK IMA HERE FOR SKOOL NOT HERE TO GET MARRIED, AND HAVE MILLIONS OF KIDS. SHEESH! I HAVE A FUTURE AHEAD OF ME AND I PLAN TO NOT EVEN GET MARRIED TIL 30 OR SO.
OKAE ITS UNDERSTANDABLE THAT IMA A CHICK AND ALL AND I DO PLAN TO HAVE KIDS AND GET MARRIED BUT I FEEL SO MUCH PRESSURE ON ME. WHO HERE GETS TAT? SURE IF I REALLY WANT TO GET MARRIED I CAN JUST HOOK UP WITH MY GUYFRIENDS HERE BUT DANG ITS GETTING PRETTY ANNOYING TO ME! PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!

SO BUDDIES... WHERE EVER YOU ARE, THE HMONG PEOPLE THERE; WHAT WOULD THEY CONSIDER A PERSON BEING NKAUJ LAUS AND NRAUG LAUS? AGE RANGE WISE AND SUCH? I DONT FEEL OLD ONE BIT; STILL SO YOUNG AT HEART WITH A BIG DREAM!
lolz.. 24 is not OLD. them OGS will always have something to say..

its like this, when you hit your 20's & ur not married. they consider u old.. but if you're 18 & married. they
asked you, why did u get married so young so WTF.

do ur own thing. its your life. live life to the fullest. Im 21 & aint marry yet. & i feel good about it. lolz..cause
i wanna have my fun before i take a big step to life. cause when u get married. its prison & its all about building
a future together w/the one you love. :p

LoLz... im 21 & i feel like im 17.. people think im 18 so its all good. ahahaaa..

cecilia

Staff member
heck .. i feel the same way too ..
i told my mom, i'm not ready for family/relationship.
one person and one mind is already hard enough i do not want to get marry until i'm done doing the things that i want to do
alot of time. OG people are like that. so just ignore them. my mom sorta just back off now that she knew how i feel
maybe you should just let your parent know how you feel and how you view your life.
with how things happening around us Hmong people, it's hard to find a good partner.
Living here in the US is a grant but people don't take their live seriously, so if you're serious about your life, live it the way you want it.
marry when you feel ready ... i think i will marry ONLY when I'm ready than to be unprepared and waste my youth with a bad relationship.

don't feel bad or pressure, i'm 25 and still consider myself young - young at heart :p

hellomelia

sarNie Hatchling
omg, i feel ya pain! when i hear that kind of crap, i just sort of brush it off & think about what I want in life & not what the elders are aniticipating. 24 is not old. im starting to believe that 30 is the right time or when people's prime years are, not their 20's.

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
get over it.
everyone will get complaints. as long as you know that you're a good girl and you are still satisfying yourself, who cares about those OGs.

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
it's kinda of funny...i so agree w/ the comment "you get married young...they yak...you do not marry and grow older...they yak"...ahahahaha...hilarious. i like to joke that once i passed the age of 20, i was automatically pulled out of the hmong marriage market...like those poor Menudo boys who turned 16 and were booted out of the band. oh well, life goes on...and if you're really lucky like ricky martin, you make a great come back...so i guess strive to be ricky martin...hehehe...jk.

seriously, i think this is a problem any young unmarried woman in her 20's faces. just think that times are different and priorities change. do your own thing...and if the "OG's" still call you an old maid and ask that age old question why aren't you married...just answer "gee i don't know...how did you find your spouse? got any ideas..." if that doesn't shut them up w/ the shock that you actually answered back...well, sorry, you've got some tough relatives to crack. mine aren't so tough...so it works...hehehe...try it.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
My view of "nkauj laus" is 60 year old!!! As long as I'm under 60, I am a "hluas nkauj"!!

I dont care what ogs says. I'm also 24, graduated with my bachelor, am working, and dating a great guy. Whenever they ask when I'm getting married, I just tell them that I'm not ready!

traci_vaj

sarNie Egg
GIRL, OLD FOLKS will always talk their shit. I'm going to be 25 this year and I don't know how many times these old folks called me NKAUJ LAUS.

When they call you NKAUJ LAUS...tell them, "I'D RATHER BE A NKAUJ LAUS then a POJ NRAUJ!" That's always my response to them and trust me, it shuts them up quick too.

Some of us actually have goals and dreams that we want to accomplish but old folks don't understand that. Thank god, my parents do understand me and the reasons why I'm not married. They are very bless that I'm not going to throw my life away by getting married at a young age.

So, to all the girls who actually wants a better future for themselves; hold your head up high and ignore all the old fogies because when their daughters are working at the factory at minimum wage to support their family; you'll be making a shit load money without breaking a sweat and traveling the world in peace.

cecilia

Staff member
When they call you NKAUJ LAUS...tell them, "I'D RATHER BE A NKAUJ LAUS then a POJ NRAUJ!" That's always my response to them and trust me, it shuts them up quick too.
hey, i use the same quota too ^^

rukmos

sarNie Adult
Wow, and I thought that I was the only one going crazy with my mother trying to get me married off and I'm only 22 yrs old! I really don't care about other's opinion of me because we all know that at the end of the "day", it's our thoughts that count in our life and not others.

Don't feel pressured for you're not alone in this and the OG's are stuck in their old ways thinking that getting married young is better.

It's hard to teach an old dog a new trick!

At least your mother hasn't started to set you up with sons from her friends.....

kellylis

sarNie Hatchling
i'm also 24, my mom and everybody that i know doesnt pressure me into getting marry...
they all know and understand that once you get marry everything is not the same...
you're going to have a family and be a nyab and starts working for not just you and ur husband and if you have kids, then you kids...
and to help with you in-laws too...
they just want me to have fun and finish school and get a nice career that pays well and than get marry...
also for me to have all the fun i can because once i'm married its not like when i still live with my family and is single...
i cant go where ever i please...
so hmoob ppl may think that we're nkauj laus, but i know whats best for me...
hehehehe...
if i'm consider nkauj laus than call me that, its better then going off to get marry a couple of months or years later and come back
a divorce woman... you know...