NEW KHABI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA PICS

cecilia

Staff member
if i knew this..i would have come with my lil sis when she came down in MADISON last weekend..DARN IT!

Kelly

:w000t: I finally saw KANK! Love all the songs and Dance scenes! Storyline is very diff. like karan said I must agree and yea....Lets see If I was to rate this movie, I would give it a 7/10. Not a 10/10 b/c there were a few things that kinda bothered me about it aha...Like I kinda felt sorry for Lil B's character....I thought he was a great character! But then again I have to understand where Rani and SRK was coming from too ahah...very ummm hard to decide aha! :p

cecilia

Staff member
kelly..you really scare me..i saw just the deception part of srk and rani entering some hotel and my heart sink..how could they..but i haven't see the whole film yet..so i can't judge..i know right from the start that i will feel sorry and pity abhisek's character..(that's cuz i grown to adore him..:lol: ) anyway..i hope it's not as bad as i picture it to be..

was it emotional like FANAA?

Kelly

Yea...Ik lol....but overall I still like it ehe! True I feel sorry 4 Lil B too ehe....My fav. part must be when srk and Rani were tryin to get each other jealous at the ballet show and Lil B was all over Rani damnz srk was jealous dats why later he n her went to the hotel aha!

cecilia

Staff member
omg..you hurt me deeply now..i can't believe what i'm reading.. :wavecry: .. oh now..i dont know whether to love or to hate srk and rani <--i really hate deception..but then again..i can't judge..cuz i haven'ts een it yet..but still OMG :shocked:

Kelly

Yea u got to see it ehe! I mean when they were headed to the hotel the looks on their faces...were like yea they know their doing wrong and feelin guilt and yea of course they feel sorry 4 their spouses but...they can't stop whats with them too aha! Truthfully If I was Lil B...I would not have forgiven my wife the way he did Rani lol....

cecilia

Staff member
^or if i'm preity..i wouldn't have forgiven srk too..omg..my heart bleed everyone i think of this scene :wavecry:

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
neena said:
Are you sure you can book your tickets before hand?

when i went they said thats not allowed...it was at the same threater too^^
[post="158618"][/post]​
They normally don't do advance booking but this time they will. There are some people travel so far to catch this movie and left disappointed because the shows were all sold out. I said reserve your ticket ahead just in case. I'm seeing it again on Saturday and Sunday. Don't want to wait for the DVD, it will be long.

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
Kelly said:
:w000t: I finally saw KANK! Love all the songs and Dance scenes! Storyline is very diff. like karan said I must agree and yea....Lets see If I was to rate this movie, I would give it a 7/10. Not a 10/10 b/c there were a few things that kinda bothered me about it aha...Like I kinda felt sorry for Lil B's character....I thought he was a great character! But then again I have to understand where Rani and SRK was coming from too ahah...very ummm hard to decide aha! :p
[post="159206"][/post]​
I don't like the Rishi character. He's too childish for my taste, beside the fact that he loves party and just want to have s**. I know a person whose like Dev. He is very harsh on people but once you get through that surface, he's actually a very nice man.

neena

sarNie Adult
MoonChild said:
They normally don't do advance booking but this time they will. There are some people travel so far to catch this movie and left disappointed because the shows were all sold out. I said reserve your ticket ahead just in case. I'm seeing it again on Saturday and Sunday. Don't want to wait for the DVD, it will be long.
[post="159995"][/post]​

yeah i just found that out....my aunt already reserved tickets for me and my mom...we'll be going on sunday i think because i still have to go up to duluth.

neangnee

sarNie Hatchling
If anyone's interested in it, I can post this movie. It's a cam, but it's pretty good, and the sound isn't bad. :)

I thought it was pretty good, and soooo emotional. I actually prefer Karan Johar's other movies more, but then again, they weren't this achy either.

neena

sarNie Adult
OMG!!! I just came back home from watching this film @ the threater, finally. Believe or not, I HATED IT!! There was nothing I liked about the film except for some very nice scenes with very nice colors. Hmm...I hated the plot...I just honestly hate the plot! I think Dev (shahrukh's character) is a major loser. he injured his leg at his own risk but he puts all his anger on his family making them feel like they don't know how to love him back then later he has an affair? WTH?!! And Rani's character...her hubby loves her so much...even if their way different from one another she doesn't know how to love him back. I felt so bad for Preity and the other guy. ALSO, the ending...so unrealistic to me. I can't believe how nice Preity and AB are...they're way too nice at the end. I've never seen anything like that. Karan Johar is getting worse at directing movies. Besides, I've noticed something from this movie that so reminds me of Kal Ho Na Ho. There was a gay guy in the movie...I think Dev and Aman(shahrukh's character from KHNH) are kinda alike. Except Aman was a more cheerful person. The setting was in the same city and they had a rain scene....(sighs) I was sitting in that threater praying that time would move faster because I couldn't bear to watch it any longer...I wanted to walk out at one point. The songs were bad too...too much songs that don't sound good.

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
Too bad you didn't like it. I love it. One of the best movie I have seen, and it was actually an eyes opener for me.

Here is an review by a girl who is actually a lawyer. I hope you will be able to understand the movie more after this review:

Finally saw it tonight. I tried seeing it last week but it was all sold out. Wow, the theater was still packed.

I liked it. A lot. It's flawed but it's interesting and it's something I want to see again, and that's a wonderful thing. Like all KJo movies, I actually need to see it again for it to sink in, but yes, very good. And my hat's off to SRK for taking on this role because...not your typical Raj/Rahul at all. And hat's off to KJ for how he handled the controversial theme.

First off, let's get the shallow stuff out of the way. I believe Karan tried to sabotage my cognitive faculties on purpose. Because all those shirts that show off SRK's collarbones? How can I concentrate on the scene when all I am thinking is YUM? Really.

And in case the shirts wouldn't do it, then there is the SRK SEX SCENE. Which is most 'explicit' I've ever seen of SRK. It's incredibly tame by HW standards (would it even get a PG?) but...let's just say just remembering this means the rest of this post was written by the dead body of moi, as...

But to be serious, and before I really lose any credibility as a woman who still has her brain, I really did like KANK and not for the eye candy. It's a movie full of unlikeable people whom I like. Let me explain. There isn't a single character in this one who is a wonderful person (with the exception of Abhi's Rishi). But even though they aren't wonderful, they are interesting and understandable. I don't think Dev is a paragon, but I understand him and I want to know more.

And this brings me to SRK. I am very very impressed. Both by his acting (more below) and the fact that he took this role. This might be a KJ movie, but it's far from his typical one and this role is miles and miles away from Raj/Rahuls SRK is often identified with (though how adorable was that little shout-out to DDLJ?) Dev is unlikeable. He is not nice. He is a mess. He is a bitter, disappointed man taking it out on the world, on his family, on himself. Forget dream love. This isn't even a guy I'd want to sit next on a train to. When Rhea slaps him, people in the audience applauded, and I could see why! SRK hasn't played anyone this unlikeable since Asoka (my favorite SRK movie btw), and in Asoka the destruction was epic and in keeping with the grandeur of the story. Here, the nastiness and the flaws are petty, every day, painful in being real. Actually, I don't think he's played anyone this unlikeable since "Baazigar" at the least.

And SRK realizes that he is not playing a Prince Charming. He's toned down his charm (and it's clearly on purpose, as when he thaws under Maya's influence it comes back, and their romantic scenes sizzle and make me into a giddy fangirl). This is the most realistic, understated KJo movie in terms of acting, and I love that. But serious serious kudos to him for taking on such an unlikeable in parts role and not 'cuteseing' it.

And yet, you might want to shake Dev half the time, but you understand where he is coming from, and he never stops being interesting. I actually think having the little prologue before his injury was a brilliant idea. We see him before life dealt him too many disappointments and he is a charmer. He is adorable. He still has his sense of humor and his sharp tongue but they are good natured and funny then. He teases his wife about not being there for the match, but it's good natured. Here's a guy you don't mind hanging out with, you think! And then he comes back to it once he gets involved with Maya. I think that was the problem with his marriage: Rhea is a bit brittle but she is a nice woman (and huge huge kudos for not making the spouses evil, btw). But he wasn't in love with her, so when his career went bust and his dreams disappeared, he had no love to fall back on. He was left with nothing in his life. After all, once he falls for Maya, having that in his life makes a huge difference for him.

The relationships really are a highlight of this movie: not just the relationship between Dev and Maya, which is not very like the idealized Bollywood love: they are both bitter, flawed people and the movie doesn't gloss either over their flaws or the damage they inflict on their spouses which is undeserved (I thought the ending, with Rishi and Rhea forgive-and-forgetting and helping them to find happiness was a bit too good to be true, but the bad marriages themselves felt real). In a way, this movie is the most mature of KJ's movies, and not because it's least over the top, least melodramatic: there are no big weepy moments here, not really, and Dev and Maya don't get the adorable-uber-romantic KKHH love confession. You get Dev saying "I love you, dammit" and complaining that he wants to get off his knees because his leg hurts.

And you see the daily indignities of an affair and the toll it takes on other relationships, mixed with moments of love and tenderness and hope. That scene with the flowers, with Dev having that huge bouquet for Maya but seeing Rhea by her? It's a wonderful wonderful scene, and not just for the fact that SRK has the most expressive face ever and his face changing from boyish delight to increduilty to horror to shame is a really really good scene. Or the scene at the Opera? It's funny, true, but it's dark also. Or one of my favorite scenes, Dev's confession about Maya at the dinner table which he turns into a joke, but Amitabh of course sees that something is up, and you get from Dev the sense that he really really wants to say it, he doesn't want it to be a secret any longer. Or the scene where Dev finally tells Maya how he feels? It's romantic, it's wonderful, and I love her running after him saying 'I like blue' but you know any such giddiness is short-lived.

I also thought it was brilliant that KANK intercut the scene of Dev and Maya finally deciding to take that last step and kissing on the platform and going to the hotel room with the song by Preity and Abhi about how great love and marriage are. Because the movie never forgets that love or not, this is wrong and is hurting people. That whole scene is cut brilliantly, encapsulating everything: the fact that it's hurting their spouses, really good people, the shame and secrecy of it (Dev gets the key to the hotel room by himself while Maya hides), and yet the lack of control (the necking scene is dizzying in its camera movemements), and the happiness and the love and the passion (the close-up shots of their faces and skin feel oddly pure and the shorthand of Maya's tear shows her finally finding sexual fulfillment she's never had before). And yet it ends on the shot of their wedding rings. Brilliant.

But Dev and Maya aren't the only interesting relationship here. I found the relationship between Maya and Rishi fascinating. I have to say, Maya must have something wrong with her not to find sexy Abhi who is kissing her feet, buys a whole house-full of flowers and loves her so utterly, unappealing. I mean, seriously, is she on drugs? Abhishek does a wonderful job as a good man who loves a woman with all his heart and no matter how much he tries can't induce that love back in return. He broke my heart and reminded me why he is my favorite of the younger actors. Of course, moral of the story. If your marriage is in trouble, don't ask sexy, intense SRK to help.

Rani does a good job too. Her character, IMO, is even less sympathetic than Dev's, in many respects, because Abhishek is doing everything he can to make her happy and to make the marriage work. But her inner woman blossoms with Dev and not with him. I guess this movie really is about two very flawed people who find happiness together. And I love that. I love that the movie had the guts to end with Dev and Maya together. Love it.

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
Some interesting arguement people have. This movie create so much debating/arguement/discussion

Yes, I understand that the marriages were failing, but it seemed like Rhea and Rishi were really trying to make the marriage work and would have succeded, had it not been for the affair, while Dev and Maya had totally given up. Still, even if the marriages would have ended on their own, they might have ended on a better note had there not been infidelity among the two couples.

See I don't think Rhea and Rishi were trying to save their marriages because they were doing the same old thing - Rhea just worked and Rishi was just being an overbearing romancer. At one point Maya asks why can't they go or do something she'd like to do instead of going to all the functions Rishi attends. Dev and Maya at least were trying to take a different approach, trying to figure out what their spouses might prefer - I think they were closer in their attempt but the execution was off. Yeah, Dev and Maya might have finally given up but it wasn't from lack of trying to figure it out.

I agree--Rhea and Rishi were not trying to save their marriages by doing anything but insisting that their partners had to do what they wanted, had to be the kind of partners they wanted--somebody that dressed nicely so they could take them to parties, somebody with status and success. The arguments they have after the anniversary dinners seemed to expose that although Rhea and Rishi were putting up a good front of being accepting of their spouses, Rhea really didn't have any respect for Dev and Rishi really did blame Maya for being infertile. Dev may have overreacted to Rhea's news that she was offered a promotion and turned it down, but shouldn't she have at least told him about it and discussed whether she should take it? I mean, it isn't like he was a coach of American football--I would think that the career opportunities would be even better for him in London. Saying that she decided not to take the promotion out of respect for him is her own little bit of self-delusion--by not taking it, she is saying that he is right where he belongs--coach of a failing team of eight-year-olds. And if Rishi really didn't mind that Maya couldn't have children, he wouldn't bring it up as an example of his magnanimity.

I understood the film on so many levels. Dev had hopes and dreams and they were shattered. What does his wife do? She immerses herself in work and leaves him to cope all by himself. She expects him to get over it all by himself.

Maya is unsure about the marriage but they are friends and is seems to be expected. Then she finds out she can't have children. Instead of supporting her, her husband wants to just have sex and the father is spends all his time with whores.

They belonged together as they understood each other and accepted each other as they are.

He was a bad father in his bitterness, but fixed it when he had some support. Going through a crippling time needs support. Feeling alone is the worse feeling in the world. And men really are not as strong as women emotionally. Even my wonderful husband admits this.

In relation to my life the film is a tearjerker. I was unable to have children and the attitude of the x is why it broke up. My wonderful husband of 20 years became disabled in an accident soon after we married. I remember feeling the pull to just pull away just as Rhea did.

But he needed my support and loving energy to get through that very very hard time. Even then it took a couple of years to come to terms and learn to deal with it. Now we have an unshakable marriage. I can see where if I had pulled away, it would be a very bitter life. In many ways the movie was so realistic. (now I am crying) I have been so lucky with the outcome of everything.

So I think the movie is a masterpiece. Karan really understands people, their feelings, their needs and motivations.

MoonChild

sarNie Hatchling
And finally this clear view of the ending and why Maya reacted like that toward Rishi her husband.

About the "magnanimity" of Rishi and Rhea toward Maya and Dev at the end--I do think that Rishi was truly forgiving of Maya, and his asking her to be his "best man" indicated to me that he had come to terms with the fact that their past before marriage was more important than the disaster of the marriage itself. They functioned better as brother-sister than husband-wife. Rhea, however.... I got the feeling, not from her words but her tone of voice and her body language, that she was in essence pissed off that, having ruined her marriage, Maya wasn't having to suffer by putting up with Dev on a daily basis--she wanted Dev and Maya together because as far as she was concerned, they deserved each other, and not in a good way!

As for "how could Maya not love the adorable Rishi--look at how exuberantly he tried to please her," it seems to me that after a certain point, if you are with someone who you don't love, that kind of effort is worse than no effort at all. Every time he tries to please her, it only makes her feel worse about the fact that she can't be pleased. The fact of him loving her just makes her feel worse that she doesn't love him back. The whole thing increases her feelings of guilt. And this is all even before she and Dev reconnect. To this extent, I think KANK is squarely in the Bollywood tradition of "you can't help who you love, either you do or you don't but no-one has any rational say in the matter." No matter how adorable Rishi is, Maya just doesn't love him like a wife should love her husband, and she can't change that.

neena

sarNie Adult
still...i don't like this movie. i've thought about it...i hate all the characters. i think every character in the movie is selfish. i still hate it and i'm not going to support it anymore. PERIOD. I don't remember being so bad at a srk movie like this one.

cecilia

Staff member
^hih neena.i finally have a chance to watch it in youtube without ENGLISH SUB..of course!..but anyhow..i couldnt' stand all those arguement/debating of ppl's thoughts..so i sorta skipped and scan through..and already..i feel pissed of..i think i'll never gonna buy this movie..because for sURE it'll pissed me off even more..i hate the ending...i hate the fact that they're having an affaire when they can actually figure out what's really is wrong with them..i just SIMPLY hate the ending..PERIOD..!*i hate this movie ..I HATE THIS MOVIE*

neena

sarNie Adult
^hih neena.i finally have a chance to watch it in youtube without ENGLISH SUB..of course!..but anyhow..i couldnt' stand all those arguement/debating of ppl's thoughts..so i sorta skipped and scan through..and already..i feel pissed of..i think i'll never gonna buy this movie..because for sURE it'll pissed me off even more..i hate the ending...i hate the fact that they're having an affaire when they can actually figure out what's really is wrong with them..i just SIMPLY hate the ending..PERIOD..!*i hate this movie ..I HATE THIS MOVIE*

THANK YOU...LOL. I AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAID. I ALSO FEEL LIKE THIS FILM IS ACUTALLY "TELLING" PPL TO GO AND HAVE AFFIARS IN STEAD OF WORKING OUT THE MARRIAGE. WHAT'S UP WITH KARAN'S HEAD THESE DAYS?!! HE'S NEEDS TO GET MARRIED...I DON'T WANT HIM MAKING FILMS LIKE THESE ANYMORE...THEY'RE REALLY PISSING ME OFF...AND ESPECIALLY SIGNING SRK ONTO THIS MOVIE PISSED THE HELL OUT OF ME.

cecilia

Staff member
^hahah..exactly..i hope he can make some better film in the near future..not something like this..and i hate the fact that SRK sign into doing it..with this kind of role, is certain show that he can do all kind of character...but yet..create such role like this will hurt his image too..i mean..it's all in a movie..but stilll- something like this making him look different now..*you know what i mean* it..i just can't stand the fact that priety and abhishek actually forgive and ''allow'' them to get back together..i mean..what kind of husband and wife would do that..the last time i heard was ''MAN SHOOT WIFE BECAUSE OF UNFAITHFULNESS!''

This movie definitely make me hate ppl having affaire behind their partner's back..i feel that the 'REAL' victim here is their spouse..not them..and whoever int he world said that SRK AND RANI are the true victim..screw them..having an affair is like making a problem bigger than it is..I HATE THIS MOVIE..I HATE THIS MOVIE..I WISH I HAVEN'T WATCH IT..OMFG! <--i have never hate any SRK movie until this one..

I CAN'T WAIT TIL DHOOM COME OUT..DEFINITELY GONNA WASH THIS STUPID MOMENT!