New hmong movie productions

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
Hey everyone who watches hmong movie out...I know that Asian Video, Herr's prodcution, goldenpath, moonlight, all-pro (Su Thao) are all productions that have been around for quite awhile and they all have produced some good and bad movies :lol: ...but I was wondering what are your opinions on some of the new movie production out there? <_< Do you think these new movie production are in competion for the old movie production? Or does the old movie production do not have to worry about competion with them.

For examples what do you think of these new movie productions:
Hmong Media (Ruam Tsab Ntshe...Pluag Tsab Muag...Ntxub tau hlub...dlhuav tau yuav...etc.)
Hmong modern stars(hlub mus ib sim...hmoob txoj kev ncaj ncess...)
Twin Stars(npaum npaim lub kuag muag...paj vuam txoj kev hlub...)
Link Pictures(plam ib vuag...ntxub txoj hmoo...khib ciaj khib tuag...)
Hmoob Koom Ntxoos(E.T Yang hmovies...Roj Ntsa tsis muaj nuj nqis...cas ces txiav hmoov hlub...tsis muaj chaw coj siav...)
NagTshia Entertainment(yug los hmoo phem...paj tawj thaum nplooj zeeg...neeg txais hauv/tsov txais raum...)
S.L. Production(lub neej tsis muaj chaw xaus...zoo phem yog yus hmoov

okay this is all I can think for now...add you own if you want.

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
old production movies don't have to worry about competing new production movies.......old pro movies are much longer storyline and have better actors...new production doesn't have much intresting storyline....they all rush their movies to the end..is was what i thought....plus they try to make comedy in their movie...some might be funny but not all the time...

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
well all pro production is actually Su Thao and Lee Xiong together...but Twin Star Production is Lee Xiong...i think they're the same some are good some are bad...

onceagain

sarNie Hatchling
karenyang said:
old production movies don't have to worry about competing new production movies.......old pro movies are much longer storyline and have better actors...new production doesn't have much intresting storyline....they all rush their movies to the end..is was what i thought....plus they try to make comedy in their movie...some might be funny but not all the time...
[post="121697"][/post]​
old production movies does have longer storyline...but sometimes I think all it does is it keeps dragging the movie on and on ...I mean we as the aduience do not need to watch a whole part base on two person dating or searching for someone...for example like nuj nplaim or ntxawm nqaum ntuj...those movies are about 4 -5 parts long and in some of those parts the producer makes searching for the actress forever...3-4 scences indicating that a search is going on is good enough and the idea is there for the aduience to grab on...my point is this movie is pretty good but it could've have been shorten down...same reason for Ciaj tuag los hlub...very few long storylines are excellent and worth the long story line... most however could've of been shorten down...that's just my opinion...however, one of the best movie that has a long storyline and is worth the money and watching is Vim tswag ib lo lus... I find it hard to come across a long storyline with many parts to the movie that actually worth it for all the parts...

slee00

sarNie Adult
I am a big movie watcher...And I hate most of the Hmong movies...because their acting irritage me...Some are getting somewhat better but not that much....So if I want a good movie to watch ...I usually go for Thai or Korean....sorry not that I dont want to support Hmong...but I prefer Thai and Korean....

I even hate the Thai or Korean or chinese that were dubbed in Hmong...they ruin the movie for me...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i think that the old movies from a long time ago had better actors... but they just didn't have the props to promote and make the movie..

the actors rite now reallie suck and i don't reallie watch the hmong movies anymore...

SweetAngel21

sarNie Juvenile
well the boring production are:
NagTshia Entertainment---so boring

Hmong Media-kind of o.k not tooo boring like funny movie

Twin Stars--this production are good too no boring part

Hmong modern stars- so boring

Link Pictures- well is kind of o.k but need to learn more how to end the movie very good....well khib ciaj khib tuag is a good movie end o.k too.....but ntxub txoj hmoo need to end better.....

S.L. Production---don't know about this production yet hehe

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i dun know but i like Link Pictures.. :)

they all don't need to compete with each other.. cause when making a movie.. there's good and bad.. :)

nekoyuyu

sarNie Egg
karenyang said:
[post="121697"][/post]​

What I view is that the new generation isn't there yet. Meaning that the old generation producer will have to watch out for new and creative movie producer who are still developing.

What I see in nowaday hmong movie is a bunch of bull, no interesting storyline, and many of the movie promoted young teenage marriage. I understand that love is part of people every day life, but we have to look in to something else, and send a message telling our children that education and hard working is what lead to better our life. At least consider that the second generation of our people become part of the large mid-class american, or an even higher class.

Instead of showning lots of straw houses, why don't the( the hmong movie) producer have a setting in an actual builing, that shows that hmong people have some wealth.

I am looking forward for a genuis who will at least get the best out of a limited budget, when it comes to making hmong movies.

Well, enough of my shit talk...this is what I think...

So, old generation hmong movie producer, watch out for the younger generation producer! This is a waring to you all!

renol

sarNie Egg
I only like the older Herr's Video Production movies.

I also think Moua Lee (Golden Path Entertainment) is also another good one.

There's a few movies from him that I like (some of the best Hmong movies I've seen so far) such as;
Kuv Leej Niam (starring Maiv Neeb Thoj & Lis Vaj)
Mam Hlub Lwm Tiam (starring Tub Yaj &Paj Zaub Vwj)
Nkauj Hli Txoj Hmoo (starring Coob Thoj &Ntxheb Xyooj)

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
old production movies does have longer storyline...but sometimes I think all it does is it keeps dragging the movie on and on ...I mean we as the aduience do not need to watch a whole part base on two person dating or searching for someone...for example like nuj nplaim or ntxawm nqaum ntuj...those movies are about 4 -5 parts long and in some of those parts the producer makes searching for the actress forever...3-4 scences indicating that a search is going on is good enough and the idea is there for the aduience to grab on...my point is this movie is pretty good but it could've have been shorten down...same reason for Ciaj tuag los hlub...very few long storylines are excellent and worth the long story line... most however could've of been shorten down...that's just my opinion...however, one of the best movie that has a long storyline and is worth the money and watching is Vim tswag ib lo lus... I find it hard to come across a long storyline with many parts to the movie that actually worth it for all the parts...

What's the movie "Ciaj tuag los hlub" about? And omg, "Vim Tsawg Ib Lo Lus" is like, the best Hmong movie out there! Do you know if Herr's Video Production got any more movies? Cause I think they stopped making movies around 2006.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
What I view is that the new generation isn't there yet. Meaning that the old generation producer will have to watch out for new and creative movie producer who are still developing.

What I see in nowaday hmong movie is a bunch of bull, no interesting storyline, and many of the movie promoted young teenage marriage. I understand that love is part of people every day life, but we have to look in to something else, and send a message telling our children that education and hard working is what lead to better our life. At least consider that the second generation of our people become part of the large mid-class american, or an even higher class.

Instead of showning lots of straw houses, why don't the( the hmong movie) producer have a setting in an actual builing, that shows that hmong people have some wealth.

I am looking forward for a genuis who will at least get the best out of a limited budget, when it comes to making hmong movies.

Well, enough of my shit talk...this is what I think...

So, old generation hmong movie producer, watch out for the younger generation producer! This is a waring to you all!

Lol. With your views like that, you could rise to the top of Hmong movie making! IF you can do all the work that is a decent job or higher.

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
I think what we're missing here is a movie from our generation's time. New hmong filmmakers are coming out every where but we're just not there yet and it's going to take a while until we find our place in the hmong market.

I think the problem with hmong movie production today is that they're still telling the same storyline over and over again in the same way too for the pass 30 years and that really needs to change. Now in days we need movies that are set in America, we need movies with better story lines, and plot. We need actors that are able to connect with their characters.

I myself am very into filmmaking but I don't have the budget nor the things to make a good movie but I hope that in the near future new filmmakers can be able to make a movie that we all can relate to. Not our parents story but our stories.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
You forgot Hmong Sheeyee Production. They've been around for 2-3 years now.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
I noticed that no one has mentioned "Ja Iab Production" or "Ntsa Iab Production"....they have been around just as long if not longer than some of the productions mentioned in the first post...honestly I am a Ntsa Iab Production fan, but I think a lot of ppl don't take them seriously becuz it is after all owned by Dr. Tom...They have managed to squeezed out some of the best Hmong comedies like "Dr. Tom part 1 & 2" and "Dig Muag Ceg Tawv"...and have made house-hold names out of alot of their stars, I mean come on who doesn't know "Jerry Xu Tuag" and "Dao Vue" LoL...and they've started some of the biggest names in Hmong Entertianment like Dawv Thoj (Der Thoj), Xab Thoj, and Npheev Thoj. Don't forget that big hit songs like "Tsis Kam Hlub Los Tau", "Ceeb Tsheej Toj Siab", "18 Xyoo" and "Noj Peb Caug" were released by Ntsa Iab Production. And even his newer singers like SomChay Yang and Amanda Vang are doing very well. So along with some of the older Productions, I think Ja Iab has longevity as well as good products...

about Repeated storylines, I don't mind if the execution is done well, Moua Lee's "Koj Muaj Kuv Pluag","Lauj Mas & Ntsum Lis","Mam Hlub Lwm Tiam" are great examples of taking a over-used storyline/ cliches (rich forbidden to marry poor/parent's disapproval) and making it work and entertainning.

But recently, i must admit i've lost much interest in Hmong movies. Its always hubby cheats on wives, beating up each other, or what i can't stand now is the same old cast...i just can't stand the same people being cast in every single freakin movie, its so irritating. The only 2 Hmong movies that i've seen in a while that's impressed me are "Journey to the Fallen Skies" and Thai Khang's "Tus Ntsuag Kub". But i've heard talk about Kwm Lis' 2 recent movies, so i might check them out...

Maybe we are just in a drought...i hope to see more young and old directors rise to the challenge...has anyone seen that "Paj Ntuab / The Rose Cloth" movie yet...i'm hoping that one would impressed me...