need ur opinion

Since four days, i'm in a little town near Siem Reap at cambodiana and i'm really shocking by what i see. i think it's because i never see it before but i just want to khnow :shocked: how some parents can sell their childrens. i'm really afraid by that because i always think that khmer people love their child and want a good future for them. but until now what i see make me cry. i work with an association and everywhere i go i see a lot of things make me cry but i'm reallly afraid here. my parents are khmer but they run awy during the war with red khmer and i born in another country but i never forgot my origin. and this the first time i walk on the khmer ground and i'm really :loool: dissapointed by the vision i have. i can understand the fact that srok khmer is a poor country but what i can't understand it's the fact that they can sell their child for sexual tourism and i need someone explain why the smile country become the black country. The association with who i work want create some school and some medical center in our country becuse they think that a fact to help our country to go on the future and help protect all khmer child against the pedophil or the trafic.But now the big problem is ;) how i can explain to everybody that my association is here for help them and not to destroy them because the khmer live here are against the fact we build a center in their village and i'm really lost right now because i don't have a lot of time and the center have to be build this month. My superior need a response now that's why if someone can answer me this week, i'll be really enjoy to hear all the opinon and advice. i have until the 3rd may to give the answer. thank u very much to give me ur advice. :p

st_nba

sarNie Juvenile
I don't understand how parents can sell their own flesh and blood either. I mean some of them have hopes that their children will make out safely even after being sold, but most of them know what they are being sold for and they still do it. It's sad.

I guess if you have to build the centers anyways the kids will eventually see that you are only there to help them. Not sure what to tell you at the moment though. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
I don't know you are there to help but some ppl don't understand that anyways it is sad when ppl are very desperate you never go to the point of selling your children anyways you are there to help the children you should give out free clothing (but iono it will b ver costl) explain to them y u guys r there sorrie i no i am no help but if ppl don't want help there is nothing we can do about it

Azlisakhmer said:
I don't know you are there to help but some ppl don't understand that anyways it is sad when ppl are very desperate you never go to the point of selling your children anyways you are there to help the children you should give out free clothing (but iono it will b ver costl) explain to them y u guys r there sorrie i no i am no help but if ppl don't want help there is nothing we can do about it
[post="110256"][/post]​
the problem is the following: the first day of our arrivals we have mostly 25 box of foods, books, pencils, blanket, and a lot of clothes. Mostly of that it's from france and another part we buy it at phnom penh like rice and sarong and tatami. but we distribuate the whole things and some of khmer in this village go to sale it for buy gold. Why? And u khnow last night one women comes see my co-worker, he is french, it's a man, and she say that she sell her daughter who has only 14 years old to him for only 60 dollars? He is really shocking by that and he comes ask me some advice. but i never khnow it before. since this morning we take this girl to work for us because we don't want her mum sell her another time. but she not khnow how to write or read khmer, she can't help us. i think that i have to send her to phnom penh but if i do that i can be in an infernal circle. and the association is financing by a private fundation. they give around 1 billion for 2006/2007 and we have to build some place. The principal problem is how we can do to protect khmer's childrens? for they don't fall in the circle of trafic like prostitution. i will be crazy to find a solution because i have only one week. please help me.

yak

sarNie Adult
this is good, what ur doing... what i think u should do is, tell them how u feel about this, and why its important to u. helping these kids from this can of thing.. tell them about the cournty side story of srok khmer.. how they work so hard and finding food... also, if u know about the story about 6-8 year old girls were sold to a frech dude, and made money off of them by selling their body... give them something to wear? what that gotta do with her topic here.. come on now... that aint going to help them, beside somthbing to wear.. well good luck and hope this go well...

te_1_n_only_me

sarNie Egg
What I think is that it a good idea to build the center, but everything won't solve itself in just one day. The parents don't see the long term effect of the center. They only know the short term effect of getting money and staying alive and that why they sell their kids. It's going to be awhile before the parents or even the kids start changing their mindset. When they start to see more and more kids being successful, they'll come around.

You have to know that it hard to get people to accept changes, that why they don't believe what you are doing is good for them. I hope everything works out.

yak

sarNie Adult
te_1_n_only_me said:
What I think is that it a good idea to build the center, but everything won't solve itself in just one day. The parents don't see the long term effect of the center. They only know the short term effect of getting money and staying alive and that why they sell their kids. It's going to be awhile before the parents or even the kids start changing their mindset. When they start to see more and more kids being successful, they'll come around.

You have to know that it hard to get people to accept changes, that why they don't believe what you are doing is good for them. I hope everything works out.
[post="110288"][/post]​
i also agree wit u too.. it will take along time to see that... because its changing little by little now....

thank u to give me ur opinion but today my superior just told me that they will choose another place near battambang because there we are allowed to build and people live here are not against. i'm really enjoy because the project will be begin soon and next week i can come back to my house for one week. Finally, i think that december or january of this year or next year, a new center for childrens and some old person will be see the day. if the project success my superior will built some little house and maybe a hospital. i hope for it and hope that we will have always support from this fundation.

thea

sarNie Hatchling
First off I just want to commend you and your organization that's trying to help out khmer peopl in srok khmer. I haven't been to srok khmer but hopefully one day I will go to my home country. The reason why many people are willing to sacrifice what they have even it means selling their children off for money is because poverty...underdevelop and even developed countries around the world their are child trafficing...which is really sad especially when you have government official who doesn't care about the well being of their own people!