Need Help

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Does anyone know where to go for New Years this next week or the week after? I live in Southern California and want to know some of the famous places I can go to enjoy New Year with other cambodians...

give me the udates please

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
I'll be in Long Beach for that weekend April 15-16.

Uhmm 15 is at El Dorado Park and`16 is the 2nd Annual Khmer Parade.

I have a question though, the park tix is pre sell as well as parking and will not be offer at the gate. I'm flying in on the 15th and soo it's gonna be hard to get tix .... does anybody know if u can buy em online or sumthing??

yak

sarNie Adult
ill be in stockton.. thats where all khmer people go to and enjoy their time..

Kayla

sarNie Adult
I'm so jealous of you Californians!

You got all the Khmer festivals and parades for the New Year. My down south butt don't get anything. Well, I'm going to the Laos New Year down here which is pretty big also, but still, I would love to go to a big Khmer New Year Festival like the kind they held in California or Rhode Island.

Stockton? Dude, they got a bucket loads of Khmer peep there. I went to visit there for a week a couple of years ago.

Splash some water for me too, k?
B)

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
untinnu said:
yep. . stockton is the best! Khat Sokim even says it herself. . alot of khmai. .
[post="102259"][/post]​
I grew up there for many many years lolzzz... since it was still an agriculture city but now KABOOM!!! My parents are still there so I visit them often sometime 2x a week. I'm not that far away either.

Anyhow, my father used to say..."There's no need to go visit Srok Khmer when you can visit Srok Khmer here!" He meant Stockton that is lolzzz.. iono if the Khmer population in stockton is +/- than of Long Beach... but Stockton has like villages load of khmer residence. Take for instance OAK PARK or PARK VILLAGE... OMG!!! somewhat like 200+ Apartment all Cambodian? lolzzz :D You feel just like in Cambodia lolzz

Ive been to the Stockton New Year celebration many time since I was a local there...soo I figure I check out other place see how they do theirs.

Kayla said:

Stockton? Dude, they got a bucket loads of Khmer peep there. I went to visit there for a week a couple of years ago.

Splash some water for me too, k?
B)
[post="102265"][/post]​
If you get splashes of water, you are kool lolzz... at least you don't get shaving cream.. man that stuff is okay at first but if u don't wash it off right away dang it stings you really bad and if there's HEAT in the air...you are off to a good BURN on your skin ***OUCH*** :ph34r:

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
Like Kayla just said, you Californians are sooo lucky. I'm in Richmond, VA and there isn't much going on during our New Years either. I mean there's wat and the whole celebration cermonial thing going on, but it's not big and alot of people now don't even go anymore (which is sad). I'd like to visit Stockton, just to see what it's like over there during Khmer New Years. And Philadelphia, too, I hear they close down the block/street for the New Years.

tinee

sarNie Egg
wow ya go all out for khmai new years, i'm from north carolina and not much goes down. sure we celebrate with a party and the ceremonial stuff but it's never big like in CA. in my home town, our wat is is pretty big compared to the other cities around NC but it's always still kinda lame. would be nice to visit CA :)

gs

Sexy Back
Khatiya said:
I'll be in Long Beach for that weekend April 15-16.

Uhmm 15 is at El Dorado Park and`16 is the 2nd Annual Khmer Parade.

I have a question though, the park tix is pre sell as well as parking and will not be offer at the gate. I'm flying in on the 15th and soo it's gonna be hard to get tix .... does anybody know if u can buy em online or sumthing??
[post="102157"][/post]​

where is this 2nd Annual Khmer Parade at i been to El Dorado Park a couple of times and it's pretty fun if u come with a lot of people i just go there for the food

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
gs said:
where is this 2nd Annual Khmer Parade at i been to El Dorado Park a couple of times and it's pretty fun if u come with a lot of people i just go there for the food
[post="102529"][/post]​

The Parade is on the 16th on Anehiem between Orange and uhmm 4got the other but here is where u can get more info:

Kayla

sarNie Adult
Khatiya said:
The Parade is on the 16th on Anehiem between Orange and uhmm 4got the other but here is where u can get more info:

[post="102534"][/post]​

Urgh...

You're making me really jealous right now. <_<

Sawina

sarNie Hatchling
who lives in lowell??? why does only californian have festival when theres alot of khmer down in lowell too they should do something too.. but the water festival is fun too lol.

none3

sarNie Hatchling
SaSa said:
You can try checking out this thread. If no one answers you here, if you post in Khmer.cc, I'm more than sure you'll get lots of replies. Tons of them are from CA

http://khmer.cc/community/t.c?b=12&t=30370
[post="102107"][/post]​

hey khatiya...they usually sell the ticket at a library near the park itself but it is like $2-$5 more. better yet, get someone who lives there to buya ticket already

BlueMoon

SArNWorld STAFF
wahh...that parade looks so yummy...I wanna go...that's probably where Sreymao is headed too...California for New Year...

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
none3 said:
hey khatiya...they usually sell the ticket at a library near the park itself but it is like $2-$5 more. better yet, get someone who lives there to buya ticket already
[post="102666"][/post]​

That's the problem, I don't know anybody there that can buy me some in advance... Are you in that area? eheheh..if soo PM me..or anybody who can get me tix in advance, PM me thanks :)

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks for the info. everyone. I guess I'm very lucky that I live in California. I also get to go to WAT THAI and watch thai beauty pageant. I think I will be going to the EL Dorado Park, I went there last year and My Goodness, I've never seen so many Camboidians in my life. It's so diff. seeing a lot of cambodians. It's is a very diff. experience seeing people of your own race at one time...overwhelming...

gs

Sexy Back
none3 said:
Thanks for the info. everyone. I guess I'm very lucky that I live in California. I also get to go to WAT THAI and watch thai beauty pageant. I think I will be going to the EL Dorado Park, I went there last year and My Goodness, I've never seen so many Camboidians in my life. It's so diff. seeing a lot of cambodians. It's is a very diff. experience seeing people of your own race at one time...overwhelming...
[post="102872"][/post]​
i know wat u mean i work with white people and the only khmer i see all the time are my family and my other three khmer friends other than that i dont see much khmer people

lolss. stockton is not the best. stockton is a boring city. haha. eventhough there are alot of cambodian people that live in stockton. doesn't mean anything. lolsss. >.<