My Shining Light

Heart_of_Chocolate

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 6
After the funeral was done, the lawyer came over the Yaowapalakul residence.

Lawyer Chai: Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Yaowapalakul.
Win: Good morning Lawyer Chai.
Kwan: Good morning. How are you?
Lawyer Chai: I’m good, thank you. So let’s get straight down to business. (Kwan and Win set on opposite side of the sofas.) I’m about to open the will of Mr. Yaowapalakul. I am Lawyer Chai and I have been the Yaowapalakul’s lawyer for the past 20 years. Today I will reveal the will of Thana Yaowapalakul to his family. (Opens the big yellow envelope.)

July 9th, 2008

When this will is revealed is the day that I am not with my love ones anymore. This will has my last wishes for my family and as well as all of my belongings too. I give everything including the mansion, the company, the estates aboard, the family jewelries, land, and beach house, and all the money in the banks to my one and only son, Win Tawin Yaowapalakul.

(Win was surprised to hear this.)

All of these belongings will belongs and go to my son, Win Tawin on one acceptance that he stayed married with his wife, Kwan Usamanee for a year. If he does not do as follow then the estate in France, the land and houses in Pattaya, half of the money in the banks, and the company will go over to my daughter in law Kwan. Win will only get 30% shared of the Yaowapalakul’s Enterprise. After a year is when Win can divorce Kwan and get the entire company, but the rest of the things mentioned before will still goes to Kwan. I believed that my wishes are to be followed as I have mention.

(Win cannot believe what he just heard. How can his father do this to him, he wonders….)

Lawyer Chai: and this is the end of the will. Any questions?
Win: How is it possible?
Lawyer Chai: Win, these are your father’s last wishes and I’m just a person who tells you the wishes of your father. For that reason, I do not know why these decisions are like this, but I’m sure your father knows what he’s doing. He’s a bright man and I’m sure whatever he had plan in mind is only for you the good you. Your father loves you.
Win: He loves me, that he force me to marry someone that I don’t love and if I don’t obey his command, then I won’t get any belongings when I’m his own son.
Lawyer Chai: I’m sorry Win, but you have to respect your father’s wishes.
(Looked at Kwan with his cold stare. Kwan can feels the chills) Win: Fine, I will do as he wants. )(Turned towards Kwan) and you I don’t know how you brain wash my father that he gave you everything.
Kwan: Win, I didn’t do anything and I know nothing of his decisions also. I’m as surprise as you are.
(He gave a hysterical smile) Win: LIAR! I hate women like you. You are like every other girl that I met, Gold digger! (Win left the room coldly and angry, Kwan sat still on the sofa, not making a gesture or a voice. She sat silently.)
Lawyer Chai: Win is a bit short temper, but all of this is a bit too much for him to take in this short amount of time. I know that there’s a nice person in him somewhere and it will take time. Please give him time. I’m positive that he will come around. He’s had a though life and he’s been through a lot.
Kwan: I’ll try and thanks for everything Lawyer Chai.
Lawyer Chai: Not a problem… oh before I forget Mr. Yaowapalakul has a letter that I’m suppose to give to you. He asked me to give this letter to you after the will is opened.
Kwan: Thank you.
Lawyer Chai: You’re welcome and please feel free to contact me if you need anything. Good Bye.
Kwan: Thanks; I will keep that in mind. Good day to you Lawyer Chai.

Win furious at what his father have done to him. He went in his room and sat on his desk. Kwan took the envelope and opened it.

It reads.

Dear Kwan,

I know that when you’re reading this letter, I am no longer with you in the world anymore. I have so many things that I did not have the time to tell you at all, so I decided to write this letter explaining everything. First of all, I know that it’s really hard on you to do as I wish in marrying my son. I know that my son did not agree on this and same with you. I apologize for this and I’m hoping that one day you can forgive me for this. Another thing is I know that my health is not getting any better. I’ve found out 3 years ago that I have a heart disease. I kept this away from my son and you because I did not want to worry you both. That’s why when you came back to Thailand, I wanted you and Win to get married as soon as possible because I know that my time is running out. I wanted to see my son marry to a woman that I know will change him. Win is a tough person, but I know that his’s coldness was because of me. I isolated him from me and that’s what makes him angry at me. I’m hoping that one day he will forget me, forget his bad father who isolated him at such a young age. I don’t blame him for being angry at me. If I can turn time back and change what I have done, then I would do it, but I cannot. You might be surprise and wonder why I gave you half of the Yaowapalakul’s belongings. I did not give it to you, those things belongs to you. Your parents owned the house in France and the property in Pattaya. Lastly, I know that I should have not force you and Win to get marry. I have seen what he does to you. I felt bad that I let an innocent girl like you getting tortured. I give you my words that you can divorce Win if he does things that hurts you. I know that you’re a smart person and you’ll know what to do. I believe in you. I also ask you to teach Win how to love and open up for others. Be a brave person and I know that you will get through all the obstacles that lie ahead. I wish you the best.

With love,
Mr. Yaowapalakul

Heart_of_Chocolate

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 7

Kwan was in the garden picking up some flowers. Win was hiding behind the tree watching Kwan. Kwan saw something moving behind the tree.

Kwan: Who’s there? (No one answer. Kwan grabbed a tree branch on the ground. ) Who’s there? Come out. (No one answer. Kwan slowly walked to the tree. Kwan walked and got closer to the tree and she was holding the tree branch out ready to hit whoever comes out. As she comes closer to the tree, Win grabbed Kwan’s arms.) Let go! Thieves! Help me! Help me…(Win holds Kwan from the back, so she couldn’t see his face.)(Kwan step on Win’s toes and he let go of her and she turn around and smack him in the head with the branch. Win fell to the ground pulling Kwan with him. Kwan landed on top of Win and she finally sees his face. For a moment there it felt like everything was frozen. Win was staring at Kwan. The way he was looking at her was so different from all the other time. This time it was a warming stare, not the cold glare she would usually get from him. She could see a twinkle in his eyes.) Khun—Khun Win!!! (Kwan said in surprise and shocked!) What are you doing here? (Realizing that she was on him, she quickly breaks from his hold. They both got up.)
Win: I err--- I wanted to walk around.
Kwan: Then why did you hide behind this tree? You scared me; I thought that you were a burglar!
Win: Is that why you smack me with the stick? (Kwan looked at Win who was holding is forehead. It was bleeding)
Kwan: Your forehead it’s bleeding.
Win: You notice huh?
Kwan: I can’t help it. Who told you to sneak around like that and why didn’t you answer when I called, so therefore it’s your fault.
Win: Crazy! You could of gotten me killed.
Kwan: Well it’s your fault…
Win: I can’t believe that a woman you size can be so strong!
Kwan: Good that now you know, so next time you won’t have to be spying and snooping around, so you wouldn’t get smack in the head.
Win: You crazy woman!

Kwan walked away from Win and went back and grabbed her flowers and the shovel. Win went inside the house and got the first-aid kit. He wipes his forehead off with a tissue and he was trying to open the alcohol bottle, but he couldn’t with one hand on his forehead. Kwan came in and saw that Win was struggling. She felt kind of bad for smacking him, so she came by and took the bottle from his hand and opened it for him. Win looked at Kwan.

Kwan: Let me help you.
Win: I don’t need your help.
Kwan: Hey, you can’t even open a bottle.
Win: That’s because…
Kwan: Shush… stay still… (Kwan took out a cotton and wet it with the alcohol. She started cleaning off the blood. He was staring at Kwan. Kwan felt uncomfortable. She quickly turned away from his stare and took out the band-aid from the first aid kit.) Here you go (handing Win the band-aid.)
Win: Aren’t you going to put it for me? (Looking at Kwan right in her eyes with a smirk on his face)
Kwan: Ahh…
Win: You’re the one who smack me.
Kwan: Well, if you would of say something and not spying on me, then this would never happen.
Win: I wasn’t spying on you.
Kwan: Then what were you doing behind that tree?
Win: I was… err---- Ouch, it hurts, put the band-aid on… (He was just trying to change the subject.) (Kwan, with a worried look on her face.)
Kwan: Are you okay? (She quickly took the band-aid and put it on his forehead.)(Win, somehow was feeling happy that she worried about him. He didn’t know why he felt that way. He kept staring at Kwan, and then unexpectedly he grabs Kwan’s hand. He looks into her eyes and can see the glow in her eyes. Kwan was stunned at his action, but she did not pulled away. They were staring into each other’s eyes for what seem like eternity, and then someone’s voice, broke their stare)

John: Miss. Kwan, telephone for you. (Kwan quickly pulled her hand away.)
Kwan: Um… who is it John?
John: I don’t know, I didn’t ask, but it’s a guy and he wants to talk to you.
Kwan: Alrite. Thanks. (She quickly got up and walked out the door.)

Win: Hey John, who was that? (Win said in a furious voice.)
John: Khun Win, I don’t know. I didn’t ask.
Win: Well if you answer the phone next time asks!
John: Yes, master. Ahh… Master, what’s wrong with your forehead?
Win: Err--- I err—ran into a tree…
John: Master, are you telling the truth?
Win: Yes I am.
John: Then why were you pausing?
Win: I wasn’t pausing…
John: Sure, you weren’t… don’t tell me that Miss Kwan accidentally smack you in the head…..
Win: JOHN!
John: I’m sorry master… sorry, sorry, sorry.
Win: Alrite, enough John, you can go back to work,

Kwan: Hello
Voice: Hi Kwan.
Kwan: Hey P’Weir. What’s up?
Weir: Oh nothing much… I was wondering if you’re free right now?
Kwan: I’m not doing anything. What do you want?
Weir: I was wondering if you want to go out to lunch with me?
Kwan: I’d love to P’Weir.
Weir: Alrite, then I’ll pick you up in 35 minutes.
Kwan: Oh P’Weir, that’s fine you don’t have to, I can come there myself. Just tell me where we’re meeting because I don’t want to bother you.
Weir: You’re not bothering me..
Kwan: It’s fine, just tell me where we’re meeting.
Weir: Meet me at Bangkok Buffet.
Kwan: Alrite then, I’ll see you in a bit.

After talking to Weir, Kwan went upstairs to her room and changes. She puts on a black pants and a white tops. She let down her hair and grabs her purse. Win was sitting in the living room, wondering who called Kwan and where she disappears. Kwan came down the stairs all dress up and Win wonder where she’s going.

Win: Hey you, where are you going?
Kwan: I’m going out.
Win: With who?
Kwan: It’s none of your business.
Win: But you’re my wi--- (He stops himself before he said the word)
Kwan: I’m your….. ?
Win: You live in my house, so I have every right to know where you’re going and with whom.
Kwan: Well, I have my right not to answer you. I’d love to stay and talk, but I got more important things to do. (Kwan walked out the door.)
Win: Hey you! Come back now! (Too late Kwan was already out the door.) Crazy! Don’t think that you’re all this and that…

As Kwan was going out the gate, she ran into John.

John: Miss. Kwan, where are you going?
Kwan: I’m going out to eat with my friend.
John: Well, then you wait here and I’ll go get the car.
Kwan: Oh, that’s fine, I’ll just take a taxi.
John: But…
Kwan: It’s fine and thank you for the offer, (Kwan waved at the taxi and she went in)

John went back into the house. Win was at the door looking.

Win: John, where did you said she was going?
John: She didn’t say where. All Miss. Kwan said was she was going out to eat with her friends.
Win: Did she tell you who the friend was?
John: No, master.
Win: Why didn’t you drive her there?
John: I told Miss that I would drive her there, but she said it’s fine; she’ll just take the taxi. But why did you ask?
Win: Oh nothing.
John: Is master worried about Miss Kwan?
Win: Pshh…. I wouldn’t care where she goes not even a bit. I’m tired I’m going upstairs now. (Win left.)

John: Noon! Noon, where are you?
Noon: Coming, coming…. What do you want? Why are you calling my name so loud?
John: Noon, you wouldn’t believe what I saw today.
Noon: What did you see?
John: Master and his wife…
Noon: What about them?
John: Will you stop and just listen.
Noon: Oh… alrite… what about them? Go on.
John: Okay, when I went to tell Miss Kwan that there’s a phone call for her. I saw Master holding Miss Kwan’s hand. He was looking at her.
Noon: You crazy old man… don’t tell me that you were spying on them?
John: No I wasn’t. Don’t you see? They’re starting to fall in love! If Mr. Yaowapalakul were here, he would be happy.
Noon: Oh right… Do you think they’re starting to have feelings for each other?
John: I don’t know about Miss Kwan, but our young master Win was asking Miss where she’s going? And he wants to know whom she’s going with.
Noon: Yes, he starting to see how his wife is.
John: I know.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
awwww win is liking kwan...it was so funny when she hit win on his forehand..john is funny :D so sad that weir ruined their moment together...

Heart_of_Chocolate

sarNie Oldmaid
i'm almost done with chapter 8.. it's just that school and work is keeping me from finishing it... i'll will update asap.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
alright! finally got a chance to reply!
anyways its getting gewdds!!! hahaha
I WANT LOOKCHIN IN THERE!! hahaha what about Pai then?? lol
Anyways yeahh!! Win is FAlling for her!! i think lol ;p
cant wait for the next chappie!! xD!!

Heart_of_Chocolate

sarNie Oldmaid
Erm.....i was just wondering if u r continueing with the story?
hey there,
yes I am still continuing on the story.. sorry about the delayed in updating.
I got a load of things to do for the past few weeks, but now that I'm done
with projects and the holiday break are coming, I will be continuing to update it.

Heart_of_Chocolate

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter 8

Kwan and Weir were having lunch together. After lunch, Weir took Kwan and they went walking at the park.

Weir: Did you like the food Kwan?
Kwan: They were delicious P’Weir. Thank you.
Weir: No need too.
Kwan: So what are you going to do now that you’re done with school?
Weir: Oh, I forgot to tell you that I got a job in the police department.
Kwan: Congratulation P’Weir.
Weir: Thank you.
Kwan: Your mother must be proud of you.
Weir: I hope she is.
Kwan: P’Weir, of course your mother will be proud of you… a mother is always supportive of her child. You should me happy that your mother is here for you to count on unlike me.
Weir: I’m sorry Kwan. I didn’t mean to upset you…
Kwan: That’s okay P’Weir; I didn’t mean it that way too.
Weir: Kwan, I will be here for you.
Kwan: You have always been and I’m grateful of that P’Weir.
Weir: Kwan, let’s go walk around over there.

Win was at home in his bed, sitting on his desk…

Win: What’s wrong with me all of a sudden? Why do I even care where she’s going and with who… Shouldn’t I be glad that she’s not home?
John: Khun Win, Khun Pai is here to see you.
Win: Alrite John, I’ll be right down.

Win went downstairs.

Pai: Hey buddy.
Win: Hey Pai. What’s up?
Pai: Nothing much. Oh, I wanted to give you these invitations.
Win: What’s this for?
Pai: It’s an invitation to the City Hall Party in celebrations for the King’s 60th birthday. You have to be there with your wife.
Win: Why’s that?
Pai: Ahh… Win incase you forgot everyone knows that you’re married and your family is one of the wealthiest in Thailand. It wouldn’t be good of you to show up with other women instead of your wife.
Win: Alrite.
Pai: Where is Kwan by the way?
Win: She’s not home.
Pai: Don’t tell me that you kicked her out?
Win: I can’t even if I want too.
Pai: I don’t get why you hate your wife that much. I don’t see anything bad about her. She’s a very nice person and not to mention beautiful too. You’re a lucky man, Win. Be glad.
Win: If you’re so interested in her, then I you can have her.
Pai: Win, have some respect for Kwan. She’s human too, you can’t just go around offering your wife to everyone. I comment her because I see her as a good person. Anyways I’m leaving now.
Win: See you later.

As Pai was just about to step out, they heard a car roll by in the front. Win and Pai turned to look and it was Kwan and Weir.

Kwan: Thank you P’Weir for sending me home.
Weir: No problem. You take care Kwan.
Kwan: I will. You drive safely.
Weir: I will. Good Night.
Kwan: Night.

Win was burning was anger seeing Kwan with Weir. He felt disgusted.

Win: Look at that and you say she’s a good person.
Pai: Hey Win, I since some jealousy huh? If you can go out with other women, then Kwan can go out with other men…
Win: You’re on her side, no matter what I say.
Pai: I’m just saying the truth.

(Kwan walks in)

Kwan: Hello Khun Pai.
Pai: Hello. How are you doing Kwan?
Kwan: I’m fine and you?
Pai: Not bad. I’m going to leave now, since it’s late. Good night to you both.
Kwan: Good night to you too.

Pai left and Win and Kwan was standing there. Kwan started to walk upstairs and try to ignore Win’s stare.

Win: So I see that you went out with your boyfriend huh?
Kwan: If you saw it already, then why ask?
Win: (Ignoring her comment) I see you had fun tonight.
Kwan: I did. It was the most enjoyable day that I’d ever had since I came back to Thailand.
Win: What did he do that made it so enjoyable?
(She’s irritated at Win’s question) Kwan: Please excuse m but I’m tired. I’m going to bed now.

Kwan turned around and started up the stairs, but Win grabbed her hand.

Win: When I asked you a question, I expect an answer.
Kwan: What rights do you have to demand me for an answer? I will not give you an answer, because I already told you!
Win: I have every right because I am your husband! (Pulling Kwan closer to him) Besides do you think that I would waste my time asking you question if you’re not my wife… I don’t want to lose my name that you are going out with other men. I will not let a prostitute like you ruin my name and make me lose my face!
(Insulted and hurt by his word, Kwan slapped him)
Kwan: Even if I were not a rich person like you, I would not let myself down that low. A person who’s so rich like you is nothing. All that you can do is use your status to pick on other.

Angry at Kwan’s slap, Win pulled her into a kiss. Kwan struggle to break free, but Win was too strong… Finally Kwan broke free, she had tears in her eyes and she slapped Win again… then she ran up to the guest room and locked it. Win standing there breathless and motionless…. Thinking to himself…

Win: What’s the problem it was just a kiss… Why is she making a big deal… and why do I feel guilty…

Kwan locked herself in the room and cry… She was hurt by his insult…

Win was in his room pacing back and fourth… He can’t keep his mind straight… He went to the hallway and walk to Kwan’s door… wondering if he should knock or not… He was about to knock, but decided not to…

For the next few days, Kwan and Win kept their distance. Kwan didn’t have to really deal with Win because Poo was with him 24/7.