My Heart

I was weak, lying to myself that I was strong. I was afraid of leaving home, to be on my own. I couldn't run away from the people who hurt me. The people that people call family. The family I was born into. I was a good kid since I was a child. Did everything my parents asked of me. Did all the chores around the house ever since I was old enough to learn how. Went to school every day. Never had the chance to play with my friends because of how strict my parents were. So I didn't have too many friends. No one I could turn to when I felt sad.

No one was important enough for my dad to care about. He loved his friends more than his family. He loved smoking more than his family. He loved his pets more than his family. He loved gambling more than his family. He loved his long distance girlfriends more than his family. Because of all of those things, our wealth went from middle class to poor. Both my parents worked, my mom in the morning, my dad in the evening. They each had their own paychecks, but they shared a bank account. My dad uses his paychecks to send to his girlfriends. My mom used hers to pay for the bills. My dad even went as far as to steeling my mother's gold necklaces to send to his girlfriends. He loved them more than his family to the point where he had to file bankruptcy.

Before my mother knew it, her favorite car was taken away and the house fell to the bank. My dad kept it secret from her to the last minute. My mother was heart broken by my dad's doings. She even considered suicide. She told me that if she didn't come home to see my little brother's face pressed to the window every day waiting for her, she might have killed herself. My mother was the best person ever. She cared for us more than she cared for herself. She held herself together for us. She stayed with my dad through all those years because she was afraid of how our lives would turn out with out a father. She was afraid if she found a new husband, or if my dad remarried, their new spouse would not love us. I appreciate my mother and I love her so much.

Our family didn't show each other love because we weren't raised to know it. We weren't raised to show affection. To this day, whenever I experience any form of affection, I still feel awkward. Me being the only girl, I felt lonely. My three brother's would hang out together and not invite me. When I follow them, they push me away saying that I shouldn't hang out with them because I'm a girl. So when my mom gave birth to little sister, I was so happy. But I was already going into high school at that time. My younger sister and I are fifteen years apart. I have no friends so I'm still really immature because I hang out with a bunch of kids. They only follow me around because they think having an older friend is cool. And I've had a fair share of crushes, but no one has ever liked me back, because being alone all those years, I was a loner. I wasn't popular and I was chubby. No one liked me and they bullied me with words. I felt ashamed of myself.

After graduation, we moved to a new state. I left the only friend I've had since third grade. I stayed inside my room all day because I don't feel comfortable meeting new people. I love exploring new places and love going for walks, but where there's a lot of people I feel anxious. I entertained myself by watching movies and dramas and listening to music. I also taught myself a new language as well. But even though I'm a big girl now, I still do everything for my family. I take care of the younger siblings. I do most of the chores along with my mother. Now that she's gotten older, she's become more grumpy and complains a lot. I can understand that she has been through a lot for us. But what hurts me the most is when she would say that I don't do anything. she calls me lazy and it hurts me. I'm sad that she doesn't and didn't see all the things I have done in the past for everyone.

But it's worse with my dad. I can't forgive him for what he caused all of us to go through. But he's still my father and I still take care of him. My parents always have to argue about the smallest things. My mother has decided and made up her mind that she doesn't love my dad anymore and she only stays with him for the children. She doesn't care what he does anymore. In front of them, I pretend to not care, but I cry myself to sleep every night. For the past five years, I've been giving my parents foot massages every night because they complain that their feet hurt. There are sometimes when I get really exhausted and want to rest. My hands and arms hurt so much too from never getting any rest. I just want my parents to understand this, but if I don't do it, they say I don't love them. They say that I'm useless. They say that if I wasn't going to help them, then what was I raised up for. They say I never do anything for them. I can only hold in my tears and do it for them.

What hurt me most was the fight I had with my dad on my birthday. It was my day and I just wanted for myself. The whole day I had done everything. It was already 10PM when I went to my room to rest. My dad came and told me to wash the dishes and take out the trash. I did as he said, but he didn't stop. He kept complaining that I was lazy and kept repeating for me to take out the trash. I was a bit annoyed and told him that I know so he should stop talking. Taking out the garbage bag, I turned to go to outside. My dad was blocking my way, asking why I had the nerve to argue with him. I told him that he didn't need to repeat it over. He slapped me with the back of his hand and told me that if I was going to argue then for me to get out of his house. He said that I was no use, why was I even born. I held in my tears, not wanting him to see me cry, and walked out the door. Throwing the trash away, I ran. I didn't want to go back inside so I went to a close by store and sat by the bus stop to cry. I shouted out to the empty street that I wanted to die. I didn't care that there were people looking at me like I was crazy.

At that place and moment, I replayed my life in my mind. My life is Shit. I thought about everything bad that happened. I tried thinking about anything happy I could remember, but there was nothing. My darkest secrets came into my mind at that moment. I'm not really innocent. Is that why god is punishing me? My insecurities filled my head. No one likes me because I'm fat and ugly. I smell bad. My teeth are ugly and crooked. My breath stinks. I'm not a virgin anymore. That one hurt me the most. I'm not a virgin anymore. The reason was something I wished I didn't remember, I wished I never found out. I realized too late, but once I found out, I could never forget and forgive that person. Even after he passed away, I still hate him. It was my biggest insecurity. What if the person I love found out that I'm not a virgin and doesn't want me anymore? What if he found out the reason why and was disgusted? What if he found out the other sins I have committed? I am ashamed. Should I even be alive anymore? Please tell me.

Would anyone accept me anymore if they knew this about me? Every time I think about this, I can't stop my tears. I can never tell this to anyone that I know in real life. So please tell me. If it was you and you found out these about me, will you be able to accept this? Will you be able to over look my sins? Will you be able to accept my shitty life? Even though right now, I pretend to be strong and say that I love myself, but no matter what, the truth still lies in the back of my mind.

She was pathetic. She can’t even get a normal boy to fall for he let alone someone famous whom she’d never met before in real life. But her crazy imagination takes her to places that everything can happen only to wake up from that daydream and face the true reality. No one loves her, not even her own family. Her life was a mess. Her family was a mess. She was a mess, with so many secrets she was afraid of letting anyone know. Dark secrets that she swore to take to the grave with her. And every day she hates herself, pitied herself while pretending to be happy with who she is. Deep down she didn’t want anyone to know how she really felt, so she paints on a fake smile to trick everyone. Everyday she wishes to die and not have to deal with everything anymore. But she was a coward, afraid to die. Afraid to face herself, to face death. And so she lives everyday facing worse than death, the experience of the living dead. Her body was moving, breathing, living her everyday boring life but she was dead inside. Yet she was hopeful that one day her true calling will come and she’ll know her reason for being. But she was hopeless, and stupid and dumb. Because that day is never coming. She knew that but still waited for it like a stupid loser. She still wished for a miracle to that she knew won’t ever happen. She wonders if she’s done anything to deserve such a life. She doubts herself, she knows she’s not perfect, but is she really so bad to deserve this? And so she sits down after a long day of shit, typing this down to help herself feel better. Tears roll down her cheeks, she cries quietly to not let anyone see her and know how much she suffers. They’ll only make fun of her for being weak and stupid. She wants to run away, as far away as possible. To disappear off the face of the earth. No one will miss her anyway. They are all too busy worrying about themselves anyway. But she’s a loser who can’t do anything. She’s too dependent on them to be brave enough to run away. She has no one. She’s too afraid to really fall in love because of everything she’s seen in her life. It’s not that she doesn’t want to, but she’s afraid of the future that lies ahead. What if her life turns out just like her parents, her grandparents. What if it turns out worse? What if it turns out better? The unknown future scares her and so she chooses to stay single despite how much she wants someone to love her. She’s afraid no one would want to love her because of her ugly image. But what bothers her truly is the fear of not being accepted if that person ever finds out about her deepest darkest secrets. The secret that she doesn’t want anyone to find out. But she once made a mistake and let it out to someone she barely even knew just because she’s had enough of keeping it to herself. So she’s afraid to love anyone. She’s afraid she’ll accidentally say it out loud and the person she love will despise her for it. She’s not a good, not even decent person. She has done so many things that can hurt and harm her if anyone finds out. And because she’s a coward who is too afraid to face the truth and take responsibility for her own actions, she’ll suffer alone forever. Because the truth won’t only hurt her, but the people around her as well. And though she doesn’t really care about the people around her, they are still her family. Will god or whoever she believes in forgive her for all the sins she’s committed? So when everyone see’s her on the outside, they’ll only see a kind shy and happy girl. No one knows the darkness inside of her heart. No one will ever know what she truly had to go through. They all talk about her, saying that she lives happily without any worries in the world, but they don’t see anything pass the professional fake smile she holds to cover up all the pain. And after she types this down. No one will ever see it anyway. She has to continue being the pathetic happy, worriless girl everyone sees. But don’t worry, she won’t hurt herself more than despising herself. Remember, she’s a coward. She won’t have the courage to hurt her pathetic self, more than she already has.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Hi @CaspertheFriendlyGhost . I‘m sorry you’re going through this. Please don’t do anything that will hurt yourself, this shall pass. Life is too precious to be hurting yourself.
I remember when I was in high school, I had the same feelings as you. My family was very dysfunction. My mom was disabled and was always sick, going to the hospital three to five times a year, and she was an alcoholic. My dad had a gambling problem. My oldest brother did not get along with my dad so he moved away and left me caring for my family. I had to take care of my younger sister and two younger brothers(when I was about 8 or 9, I took care of my baby sister almost on my own). My parents was really strict, they never let me go play with friends or have anyone over. I was always doing chores around the house. When I got to high school, life keeps getting more difficult. I was depressed and thought of dying most of the time. In my 2nd year of college, my mom had a stroke, which made life more stressful. My dad has change his ways a little and help me take care of my mom. At that time, when all that was happening, I stressed out and got sick. I thought if I die things will get better. Then I thought of my mom when I was contemplating on taking my life, the pain and sorrow she’ll get when I leave this world. I also thought of what happen after I die, will I reincarnate, how will my next life will be, will it be worse than this life, or will I be in a dark place where I can’t speak, hear, see, or feel?? If you ever lock yourself in a closet or and dark small area, I think that how after death would be. if that’s the feeling after death, I rather feel the pain to know that I’m a live and will fight/find my way out. The feeling of being a live is wonderful thing, you get a chance to make life better, see and do things you want!
Everyone goes though Difficult times in their lives, you just need to take it one step at a time. When I was younger, I wish I have a good role model to give me advice. Over the years, I learn to love myself and never compare myself to anyone. Don’t worry about being a virgin or not, when that time comes, you’re find your special someone, and he won’t care who you have been with.
While you’re going through all this, learn to love yourself(take care of your mental and physical health). Have patients with your family, they maybe going through difficult time as well. Learn to understand your dad, ask him what you can do to help, speak nicely and maybe things won’t get so hostile.
while while all this is going on, take up hobbies, practice a skill you have learned and master it. It will take you somewhere in life. Always try to think positive. Negative thoughts will just makes you depressed and sad, it does no good.
Here’s a few inspirational videos I hope it helps.

I’m not good with words, but I hope it helps. Alway find something inspirational or uplifting to watch when you’re down. Don’t think what people think of you, Think of makes you feel good and happy. Take care of yourself first. LOVE YOUR SELF!! life is a challenge so be ready to take that challenge!

this is also a good advice. If you want someone to notice you, you gotta know and love yourself

Last edited:

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
We have all gone through hell in our lives. If you think about it, there are many other people who might have it worse than you. Remember that you are not alone in this. and like Koy said, always find something positive to occupy your mind. Don't think of just the bad things that happened. I believe that if you search carefully, there are some very great memories to cherish. I'm proud of you that you have made it this far, just keep on fighting and go forward. Make those who look down upon you regret their words. Don't give up. and remember that if you need or want someone to listen, I/we are always here for you.