Mrs. Hmong California

dolleiwen

sarNie Egg
hey everyone!, so ive been wondering..
if there are pageants for "young" miss hmong pageants.. and for young men, why are there none established for married hmong women and married hmong men? I mean, is it because hmong ppl are so over-protected of their wives and husbands? so does that mean that if you are hmong, and once you are married, you have no more chances in such competition anymore? OG's would say.. "once you are married, you should only concentrate on working, having kids, and buying a house.." omg! is that it? sooo unprivileged! why are hmong ppl like that? or do they not have enough confidence to show the world what they got?
** what do you think?

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Lmao NO!!! there should not be a pageant for married women. LOL!

why? Everyone will want to be young and perhaps divorced their husband! lol

Look at some Hmong women today, they be going to Hmong parties dressing up
like they're young n all. showing boobs and skin. lol
i just find that, "sue-siab" lol is that how u spell it? haha

Maybe not a Pageant but maybe a singing competition. haha

dolleiwen

sarNie Egg
Lmao NO!!! there should not be a pageant for married women. LOL!

why? Everyone will want to be young and perhaps divorced their husband! lol

Look at some Hmong women today, they be going to Hmong parties dressing up
like they're young n all. showing boobs and skin. lol
i just find that, "sue-siab" lol is that how u spell it? haha

Maybe not a Pageant but maybe a singing competition. haha

dolleiwen

sarNie Egg
thats true too ym-gurl.. but its a chance for married women to express themselves as well.. some might take the route you suggested, but there might be some that do it for self-exposure and confidence too..

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
thats true too ym-gurl.. but its a chance for married women to express themselves as well.. some might take the route you suggested, but there might be some that do it for self-exposure and confidence too..
True but you never know, Hmong women these days are too crazy. lol
You never know which one wants to take the good route & the bad route. haha

gosh, am i thinking too negative here? its not my fault. Hmong women have proved
themselves like that. lol well, those who i know and see. hehe

dolleiwen

sarNie Egg
yes ym-gurl.. thats why you have to think positive and if they want to do the neg.. that would be their problem and not yours.. lol

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
umm.. don't u think looking at a married woman perform "talents" is kinda xu xu siab???

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
hey everyone!, so ive been wondering..
if there are pageants for "young" miss hmong pageants.. and for young men, why are there none established for married hmong women and married hmong men? I mean, is it because hmong ppl are so over-protected of their wives and husbands? so does that mean that if you are hmong, and once you are married, you have no more chances in such competition anymore? OG's would say.. "once you are married, you should only concentrate on working, having kids, and buying a house.." omg! is that it? sooo unprivileged! why are hmong ppl like that? or do they not have enough confidence to show the world what they got?
** what do you think?
are u hmong?

dolleiwen

sarNie Egg
no, not at all.. why should it be embarrassing to perform a talent.. it would be amazing! dont you see old american ppl performing on americas got talent? whats the difference between american and hmong, we're all human!?

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
there should not be a barrier in pageants
i think it's a bit of discrimination for not allowing married women participate in pageants
i'm not saying this because i'm married and i want to participate
but on behalf of dolleiwen and myself and some other women who might think the same as us...
i just wanted to share what i thought about this thread...
look at american pageants! they have a very diversed group of women from all kinds of backgrounds
but then again, it's a hmong thing. lol
the hmong community was raised and "trained" to think a certain way about hmong women once they are married
to me.. i could care less.
it's just that some hmong women chose to go their own separate ways after becoming a singer or w/e they became
and everyone starts to doubt all hmong married women

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Exactly Nkaujhmooblauj, we are raised to think this certain way. therefore when a married old women
goes on stage to dance or whatever. it is su su siab. lol

DaH_LaDiE

sarNie Hatchling
I think it's a great idea actually.
But again, like everyone else says "The OG's" are the obstacles.

I believe that ladies who are married will pay too much attention to themselves if they were to win & cheating gets involved. Or accusations.

i.e. Look at Maiv Xyooj, no offense to anyone, she's beautiful, talented & boom she left her husband who's done soo much for her.
That's what happens when they have too much confidence.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I think it's a great idea actually.
But again, like everyone else says "The OG's" are the obstacles.

I believe that ladies who are married will pay too much attention to themselves if they were to win & cheating gets involved. Or accusations.

i.e. Look at Maiv Xyooj, no offense to anyone, she's beautiful, talented & boom she left her husband who's done soo much for her.
That's what happens when they have too much confidence.

yep yep true..

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
true... there shouldn't be any for married ppl...
...that will only encourage divorces, etc etc
as if the hmong community is not bad enough...
omg;

plus... that will bring shame to their
kids and relatives that know them... egh!