Moving to Boston

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I'll be moving to Boston in a couple of weeks for an internship. Anyone from Sarnworld around there? What's Boston like? I've never been there and the winter thing is making me nervous, I'm from the South so I've seen snow like 3 times in my entire life and when I say "snow" I mean like flakes that melt before it hits the ground. People have been telling me not to take my car up there and I'm like no car and public transportation, that's crazy talk. :lol: I've also heard Boston people were snobby and unfriendly and I don't know anyone there.

sirena

sarNie Adult
im not from boston but my brother lives there and we go down there alot to visit him

have you been to nyc? its just like it but smaller and less hectic lol

your gonna be surrounded by big buildings, amazing shopping center and lots of city stuff

if you have a car your gonna have to find a parking center and park it there and pay monthly for parking fee thats how my brother does it

he doesn't even drive his car he just takes the sub everyday to work

its very cold during winter times and snows alot nothing different from vancover where were from though

but if your a big city girl your gonna like it

i love it actually but i love nyc more though lol :) and luckly enough i have another brother there so i go all the time

but over all it very busy, lots of people, high price rent, lot of sight seeing and fun things

thats pretty much my experience in boston hope it helps alittle :)

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Thanks dear! That helps. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I've been to NYC once before and it was a bit overwhelming even though I'm a a city gal.

rakcharm

sarNie Juvenile
boston is nice u're gonna like it cuz i did lol how long are u staying there?

yeah parking and rent is expensive! i'm not used to not having a car at your convenience too but like NYC ppl just take the sub. however a car is still nice if u were to get out of town. the roads are horrible though u'll definitely get lost! there's like 5 different roads in at an intersection and they're also curvy. the winter is something you have to get used to but i don't think it is as bad as north of it like canada. at least the snow melt and doesn't stick.

massachusetts is a very nice state i think also pretty. there's lots of trees. it's also not that far from NYC.

Babyt

sarNie Elites
i'm like 25 minutes from boston..and no we are not mean..i'm pretty sure every city nationwide have nice and mean people there...u'll love it here.