[Movie] Twilight

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
I would be mad if they're would be a new Jacob i find Taylor Lautner to be very kyote with short hair. But I understand because Jacob does change in the book as long Edward is in there for reals. I heard Stephanie Meyer not gonna write the 5th book when I went to the bookstore I was very hurt.

dreams_x

sarNie Oldmaid
I PlAn To ReAd ThE bOOk bUT iT wAs hEcKa tHIcK...
i rAtHeR bUy/wAtCh tHe mOvIe...

thats what i said when i first saw the book,
but when i read it, it was very fast..i got very
addicted to it.. u should at least try

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
Ok ladies so it's confirmed Catherine Hardwicke, the Director for Twilight will not be returning as the director for New Moon.

SUMMIT BEGINS SEARCH FOR NEW MOON DIRECTOR

Los Angeles , CA , December 7, 2008 – Summit Entertainment and director Catherine Hardwicke jointly announced today that the filmmaker will not be directing the next installment in the newly minted TWILIGHT film franchise. Summit ’s targeted end of 2009 or early 2010 release of the film, NEW MOON, does not work with Ms. Hardwicke’s required prep time to bring her vision of the film to the big screen. Thus as has been done before with many successful film franchises, the studio will employ a new director for NEW MOON.

"I am sorry that due to timing I will not have the opportunity to direct NEW MOON,” said Hardwicke. “Directing TWILIGHT has been one of the great experiences of my life, and I am grateful to the fans for their passionate support of the film. I wish everyone at Summit the best with the sequel-- it is a great story."

“Catherine did an incredible job in helping us to launch the TWILIGHT franchise and we thank her for all of her efforts and we very much hope to work with her on future Summit projects,” said Erik Feig, Summit ’s President of Production. “We as a studio have a mandate to bring the next installment in the franchise to the big screen in a timely fashion so that fans can get more of Edward, Bella and all of the characters that Stephenie Meyer has created. We are able to pursue an aggressive time frame as we have the luxury of only adapting the novels into screenplays as opposed to having to create a storyline from scratch.”

I have mixed feelings about this. ON the one hand I liked Twilight and am happy with what they have done with it considering the budget and everything. On the other hand I wished they and the director could've done a better job with the pacing of the story. So I am somewhat willing and hoping that the new director for New Moon will be better and do a great job with New Moon. I just hope that they are not re-hiring Catherine because of money issues considering that Twilight has raked in almost $160 million world wide and should continue to rake in more money when it opens in other countries later in the coming months.

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
- im actually happy that its not the same director as i was disappointed with the movie. So i hope they'll get a wayyy better director to direct new moon. I dont mind waiting as long as the quality's there!

- if im nt mistaken, the author is nt writing the 5th book cos it was leaked online or sumthing like that right?

-gurl, u shuld so try reading the book! u wont be disappointed, i promise!!!

-steven strait as JACOB BLACKKK!!!!

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
yeah so I'm just really obsessed about the numbers and how Twilight is doing at the box office so I just wanted to post this...looks disappointing at first but just remember that the movie hasn't even been shown yet in some countries...so it'll make more.

Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Media By Numbers LLC. Final figures will be released Monday.

1. "Four Christmases," $18.2 million.

2. "Twilight," $13.2 million.

3. "Bolt," $9.7 million.

4. "Australia," $7 million.

5. "Quantum of Solace," $6.6 million.

6. "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa," $5.1 million.

7. "Transporter 3," $4.5 million.

8. "Punisher: War Zone," $4 million.

9. "Cadillac Records," $3.5 million.

10. "Role Models," $2.6 million.

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
Give the book a try it actually goes by fast

-yea because the leak that there was gonna be in Edward perspective. She might not write the 5th book

-I think Twilight might beat Titanic record it's a huge success

-I do hope the keep the same Jacob

-I hope the next film would be better with adaptation of the book

chinkywinky

sarNie Adult
i just finished new moon a few days ago and i admit it was hard reading it after edward left...
jacob grew on me :)
i freaking cry when bella jumps of the cliff... "good.bye. i.love.you" :(

so it has been confirm a new director has been picked out for a new moon.
i really don't care who as long they nail this book. i mean seriously, i felt every pain, tears, happy, ...all emotion bella felt... bella(kristen) better nail it because im willing to cry at the theater.. it just so heart wrenching....

rakFong

sarNie Hatchling
i just finished new moon a few days ago and i admit it was hard reading it after edward left...
jacob grew on me :)
i freaking cry when bella jumps of the cliff... "good.bye. i.love.you" :(

so it has been confirm a new director has been picked out for a new moon.
i really don't care who as long they nail this book. i mean seriously, i felt every pain, tears, happy, ...all emotion bella felt... bella(kristen) better nail it because im willing to cry at the theater.. it just so heart wrenching....

i so agree wid you! i was really sad that Edward left Bella. I was really disappointed that he didnt show up til like the end of the book.

CURRENTLY OBSESSED WiD:
MY BABE FONG
TWiLiGHT

cutefuzzy

maplestory addict xD
juz wana share my lakorn version of twilight .. lol ..

omg im so far behind in reading lol .. school geez .. what .. edward left bella??? tats bad =[

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
I don't know what to expect yet... but I'm super glad the director will be changed for the next movie. I'm happy on one end that she stayed true to the main storyline of the books (instead of all those weird stories about how Twilight was gonna look like... gah) but at the same time, the movie just didn't work for me (except for Edward :drool:).

And the fact that Twilight made so much money, I really think had to do with how great the book was and not necessarily the movie itself. Just think, if every person who read and loved Twilight went out just to see how the movie stood up to the book-- that itself would have made it a success. Throw in at least the fact that when you go see a movie, you usually bring along at least one person -- even more success!! The movie was a success before it even came out just based on the sheer number of fans. Just like how the soundtrack topped the charts even BEFORE the movie came out.
Then throw in those who went to see the movie outside of having read the book and course it's huge.

I'm glad the numbers went back up. I think the second week after it came out, it dropped from #1 to #3-- that was kind of sad.

I can't wait to see how the next ones turn out with a new director and hopefully new way of portraying the book.

nina07

sarNie Adult
I just watched the movie today, and it was AMAZING :)

All i have to say about that is

Edward Cullen = :wub:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
okay guys.. I got my books.. now I'll get to really feel your Twilight obsessions. lol

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
^^^You will love the obsession you don't want to do anything but ready like me put off on school and going out with my friends.

-Like StarrYxing mentioned above I wanted to see the movie because I was obsessed with the books and how well the actors would betray all the character I love in the book that why it was a success. I hope the next movie would be better because they did rake in alot of cash for the first movie

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
squeeze in both!! :lol: when I was reading the saga, I was studying, reading twilight and working on my fanfics... :lol:

damn.. lol.. you are good. I probably get confused as heck trying to balance those, but with my 2 year old baby, I can only balance her and one other thing. lol.. I'm just afraid that I will get so hooked on the books that I fall behind on the fics which I am behind on some already, but ahh.. I'll see what I can do. :D