[Movie] Twilight

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
Okay, so back to theTwilight thai fan fic idea, here's my adaptation.

I still think the characters should be young (not high school), but still young enough to be in college.

I goggled the rainiest place in Thailand, and it's the Ranong province, so that's where she'll come stay. They go see beaches, waterfalls, hot springs, and go have that camp out in a nearby exotic island because there's a lot of that there. There are lots of forests for the Cullens to get their "food" too. I even found Ranong pictures.

There's a community college that could find in Ranong, but I'm not sure I want to send Bella and Edward there since it looks really small… maybe Carlisle will come to town to volunteer as the town doctor (he chose the place because of the rain) and bring the Cullens. They'll enroll in school. Bella comes from Bangkok to the area because her dad and pen pal Jacob asked to come visit. Edward and Bella will still meet at school and fall in love... She might have to ride a bike or moped too back and forth though because I'm not sure too many students will drive clunky red cars in a tiny town, Edward might drive motorcycles or since the Cullens are so rich, maybe the Volvo will still work -- hm, adapting this story to Thai is a little bit complicated than I thought-- have to think of so many tiny details.

** I'll post some photoshopped pics up later for who I think should be in my Twilight thai fan fic. I picked a list of people. (Gosh, I had a lot of time on my hands yesterday, huh?) :D **
the place looks perfect for the Cullen! can't wait for your detailed version, starry...m ^_^

Did you guys hear new moon making have been confirm!!
really?! cool!!
can't wait to see the cliff diving part
... :lol:

thea

sarNie Hatchling
HI TWLIGHT LOVERS...CANNOT WAIT TO WATCH THE MOVIE. RIGHT NOW REREADING TWLIGHT SERIES ALL OVER AGAINT REFRESH MY MEMORY...AHEHE. I LIKE YOUR IDEA STARRY...CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE DETAILED.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Without any spoilers, for those of you who watched the movie... was it good??? What do you rate it??
Whoo hoo... I just got back from the movie.
I was slightly disappointed I have to admit -- it played a lot better in my head somehow.

I could go on and on about the movie, but here's just some things I picked up on:

Things I liked:
* Robert Pattinson, Robert Pattinson, Robert Pattinson... oh, did I mention Robert Pattinson? :)
* the vampire baseball game was very cool, very much in tune with my imagination
* the scene where Bella first joins Edward in biology and he's like trying not to hurt her was sooo good. Gosh, the tension was intense!
* the scenes where he saved her from the thugs in Port Charles was cool-- loved how it showed his crazy car driving skills. He could be a race car driver. ^_^
* Loved him playing her the lullaby on the piano-- but was it just me or did they NOT mention that he wrote her a lullaby??? Gah!!!!!!!

Things I didn't like:
* I realized going into the movie that the storyline was going to be rushed-- but I felt like wham, bam, this happened, then that happened and everything lined up in a neat little row. Everything chronologically that was supposed to happen did happen, but it was felt like fast forward mode and choppy. Honestly, if I never read the book, I think I might get a little lost.
* Felt like Bella and Edward falling for each other happened too abruptly and I really lost the emotion that I felt through the book.
* I wish Edward's make-up would stay consistent. Sometimes he was really pale and other times he wasn't that pale at all. Actually, I preferred him less pale-- the super paleness looked fake sometimes. Carlisle was over the top pale in the movie.
* I wasn't impressed with Edward's "dazzling" scene where he showed his glittery self to Bella. Honestly, I thought he'd glitter way more and differently than in the movie.

BUT, I'm gonna go try to watch the movie more times because I still liked it overall, it just paled a bit in comparison to the book. Maybe I'll pick up on things better the second time around.

Anyone else wanna share their opinions? We'll keep it in spoiler tabs since I know some of us hasn't seen it yet and don't want to spoil it.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more Twilight. It'll give me a bigger chance that Rob will tour again and maybe end up in my town next time.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
LOL ladies... that was all the summary I played around with in my head. That and photoshopping. :)

Here's my thoughts on who might play in my "thai"light version-- (LOL, get it?) You can tell me what you think.

Top picks: (sometimes I thought someone might work in two different roles…i.e. Rome, Por and Dome). And for some couples, I wanted to try out new pairing (except Rome & Rita).

For Edward, I was looking for someone who can be really fierce, and yet at the same time loving cause of course it’s all about the loving here.
* Ananda Everingham, just cause I thought he looked kind of menacing in the pic I used.
* Dome Pakorn, never seen him act before, but he’s got some dark looking pics sometimes. I can imagine him a dark guy.
* Rome P, at first I didn’t think of Rome at all, but he looked pretty vampy in the pic I used.

For Bella, I was looking for sweetness, innocence, youthfulness, and someone who can be pretty, but yet also isn’t over the top gorgeous. Some of the girls I picked ARE gorgeous, but I can imagine that they could potentially turn the prettiness down a notch. I imagine Bella to be pretty because Edward tells her she’s beautiful and she did catch all the attention of all the guys in school, but she can’t drop dead gorgeous since she thinks she’s pretty average.
* Margie R – she’s truly young. She’s got the age factor going for her.
* Namfon P – Namfon can play innocent well.
* Pat – Pat can play innocent too, but I think she does good in strong roles as well.
* Rita J– If Rome gets to be Edward, then Rita has to play Bella. End of story.
* Peung K – She’s got the youthfulness feeling to her too.

For Jacob, I was looking for someone who could still look very young… but I was hoping that if they got all hairy looking and were-wolfish, they’d still look pretty good.
* Mario M – he has that really innocent, youthful look and Jacob is pretty young in Book 1
* Bie S – I think Bie still looks really young too
* Por T– I think he’s like in his late twenties, but looking through some of his pictures, I think he can still pull it off. Plus, I think he’d make a great werewolf. LOL

Here's a "Edward-Bella" pair photo shopped together.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
For Rosalie, in the book, she’s VERY beautiful, one of the most beautiful people Bella has ever seen, but I think Rosalie’s character is also very aloof and to me at times conceited. So I was looking for someone who I think can carry that beauty and sense of knowing she’s beautiful together well.
* Yardthip R
* Kwan U
* Paula Taylor

For Emmett, he’s supposed to be buffer, strong, and holds the family together.
* Rome had a super HOT looking body in his pic
* Saw Boy’s “Men’s Health” magazine photo and he was totally ripped. I could sooo see that body playing Emmett. ^_^
* Por’s pretty fit looking too body wise. But I’d like to see him put a little bit more muscle on to play Emmett though.

For Alice, I was looking for girl next door kind of feeling—like the sweetest best friend you could ever have as Alice does become Bella’s best friend. I think these girls would play great best friends. I think Alice should look really sweet and innocent too.
* Donut M
* Araya C
* Peung K
* Pim Zaza

For Jasper, I was just looking for a nice looking guy to match Alice, so:
* Tye N
* Film R

For James, I thought Dome would make a good bad guy too based on some of his photo shoots. They always tend to have a dark edge to them. Either he’s good vamp Edward or bad vamp James. I want him to be a vampire either way. ^_^

For Victoria, Poo just looks like fierce, strong, bad girl in her pics most of the time, why not have her play a n’rai again?

One "Alice-Jasper" pairing:

I really like this one for some reason. "James-Victoria" pairing:

chinkywinky

sarNie Adult
I just got back from watching the movie as well. :wub:
gosh, i was so freaking giddy like a kid at the candy shop! :blush:
Overall, it was good... i liked it alot and would re watch it again.. edward *rob patterson* cullen... :wub: :wub:

be back for more in put.. im still smitten by edward.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
Okay, so back to theTwilight thai fan fic idea, here's my adaptation.

I still think the characters should be young (not high school), but still young enough to be in college.

I goggled the rainiest place in Thailand, and it’s the Ranong province, so that’s where she’ll come stay. They go see beaches, waterfalls, hot springs, and go have that camp out in a nearby exotic island because there’s a lot of that there. There are lots of forests for the Cullens to get their “food” too. I even found Ranong pictures.

There’s a community college that could find in Ranong, but I’m not sure I want to send Bella and Edward there since it looks really small… maybe Carlisle will come to town to volunteer as the town doctor (he chose the place because of the rain) and bring the Cullens. They'll enroll in school. Bella comes from Bangkok to the area because her dad and pen pal Jacob asked to come visit. Edward and Bella will still meet at school and fall in love... She might have to ride a bike or moped too back and forth though because I'm not sure too many students will drive clunky red cars in a tiny town, Edward might drive motorcycles or since the Cullens are so rich, maybe the Volvo will still work -- hm, adapting this story to Thai is a little bit complicated than I thought-- have to think of so many tiny details.

** I'll post some photoshopped pics up later for who I think should be in my Twilight thai fan fic. I picked a list of people. (Gosh, I had a lot of time on my hands yesterday, huh?):D **
Girl you had a lot of time to be googling the rainiest place in Thailand...That's funny... :loool: I'm not finish with mine yet...yeah it's really difficult to be adapting it into a Thai setting isn't it...cause the Asian culture is so different than the western culture. The volvo should work...haahahaha...Bella riding a moped... :loool: hey what will she ride when we adapt Eclipse into a Thai Lakorn!!!

So like I already saw the movie 3 times just in two days...yep I'm officially broke but I'm glad because....

I'm was soooooo happy I knew that they would do it...come on the the three times I went my theaters were packed...not just with teenage girls too... but with older people and females and males too. :dude: :dude:

Alright I'm starting a list for the Robert Pattinson stalker/phone number slipping Membership:
What you must do is fill in your First name, Last name, Nickname and why you love Robert Pattinson...LOL(hope nobody thinks I'm a dork for doing this)

1. Chansiri Sirimongkhoune "Toon" and I love Robert Pattinson because he's totally hot in a non-vain kind of way, he can act, he can sing, he dazzles me frequently and he's the perfect Edward.

thea

sarNie Hatchling
love all the different choices and combination you have listed starry. lol my pick would be rome as edward and rita as bella ahehhe and as for jacob por would fit the role real well b/c he his the facial structure that kinda looks werewolfish...pretty sure he can prowl like one lol.

fun

Expired Sarnie
:lol: StarryXing I haven't thought about Rome at all but wow he is perfect! And I was totally laughing if Rita is Bella, Rome must be Edward. Rome and Rita are compatible and I can see them as Edward/Bella. About other casting, still undecided for me. Ahahahaha!!!

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
I like Rita to play Bella... Rome? haven' t considered him to play Edward at first but I think he'll fit the role... like starry said, if Rita would be Bella, Rome should definitely be Edward! :lol: I like Yardthip to play Rosalie and Por as Jacob...

noungning

Heartless
i just saw the movie, never read the book(s)... my sister did.

i gotta say, like starry's crit... i think the beginning was drag ass and then all of a sudden boom boom bang bang lol... and this is coming from someone that doesn't read nor read this saga.

overall, i'd say it's a good movie, for the romantic souls. it makes you wish you had a "superhero".

however like noy, i feel the lead dude isn't cute nor was i interested in going crazy for him... but from hearing my sister elaborate on the fact that in the book, he's drop dead chick magnet, i understand the expectations of girls upon him...so him being the person he is, average or atypical, he will be HOT to them and all of them that read the books. however, i believe the lead female-bella, she truly matches her role, average girl but yet so silently interesting.

as for those who ponder, book or movie first, i'd say movie lol because like others, i think u might be disappointed if the book hypes u up so much, but the movie misses to get you to the same high it can be pretty gruesome lol.

my fav part has gotta be the
piano part, which yes, i didn't know it was a "lullaby" until starry said it!

even after seeing the movie, i still think they should've casted a better edward, sorry to those various teams out there... he is not time stopping hot as it's made to seem in the movie... or even when my sister said "edward, in the book can literally stop everything from his entrance" ...yup... just didn't see it hahaha... if anything, i'd think they were just shocked at how pale he was supposed to look hahaha :p

overall i'll rate it B+... due to dragging beginning and then the speedy rush and lack of smooth transition of the overall mid to end parts of the movie. ;)

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
... it makes you wish you had a "superhero".

however like noy, i feel the lead dude isn't cute nor was i interested in going crazy for him... but from hearing my sister elaborate on the fact that in the book, he's drop dead chick magnet, i understand the expectations of girls upon him...so him being the person he is, average or atypical, he will be HOT to them and all of them that read the books. however, i believe the lead female-bella, she truly matches her role, average girl but yet so silently interesting.

my fav part has gotta be the
piano part, which yes, i didn't know it was a "lullaby" until starry said it!

even after seeing the movie, i still think they should've casted a better edward, sorry to those various teams out there... he is not time stopping hot as it's made to seem in the movie... or even when my sister said "edward, in the book can literally stop everything from his entrance" ...yup... just didn't see it hahaha... if anything, i'd think they were just shocked at how pale he was supposed to look hahaha :p

movie. ;)

Rob Pattinson not hot? OMG, Toon, donna and I will hyperventilate and faint upon hearing that.
J/K-- it's okay if you think that. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I respect that.

I know... I want my own 'Edward-the-anti-superhero-who-is-really-is-still-a-superhero' to protect me from harm too. Where's Robert Pattison when you need him? LOL

In terms of the book though, there's one thing to remember about Edward and his "hotness" factor. Edward's "hotness" is subjective. The whole Twilight books (except the Jacob excerpts) are told all from Bella's viewpoint. So no matter what Edward looked like for real-- he's described as really good looking because that's how she sees him. So who knows... maybe Edward just looked like some other guy down the street, but Bella thinks he's hot and so that's how we see him. Personally, I'd like to think he is HOT looking though.

As a book character though, he's as HOT as anyone you can imagine him to be. I'm trying to remember what my initial Edward looked like when I was reading Twilight back then, but he's been replaced by Rob now. :wub:

I think that playing Edward was hard shoes to fill and since everyone has different tastes, Rob couldn't satisfy everyone's desires. There's some articles about how even he was scared to try to live up to Edward's "hotness" factor too since he didn't think he was good looking enough, and then comments he got from girls right after he was cast that didn't like him for the role.

Personally, even with those gorgeous chiseled cheekbones, I don't think the camera flatters him very well on some angles though.

noungning

Heartless
lol... but the question is, if rob isn't and wasn't chosen to be edward, would he have made u take a 2nd 3rd or 4th look at him? would u genuinely say yes? i think this here is happening where the girls are going gah gah over him is because he is the "real" person that is assuming this character that u've already fell in love with... so there is no denial of him... he's already hot since u've flipped through those pages.

it reminds me of the song from savage garden, i knew i loved you (before i met you) hahaha.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
lol... but the question is, if rob isn't and wasn't chosen to be edward, would he have made u take a 2nd 3rd or 4th look at him? would u genuinely say yes? i think this here is happening where the girls are going gah gah over him is because he is the "real" person that is assuming this character that u've already fell in love with... so there is no denial of him... he's already hot since u've flipped through those pages.

it reminds me of the song from savage garden, i knew i loved you (before i met you) hahaha.
In all truthfulness, probably not. I know I'm more in love with his character than I was with him at first. I'm not going to be a die hard fanatic and claim I loved him before Twilight and will love him forever. Course, I'd like to say that, but I only paid attention to him from Twilight and followed him because of it. Without Twilight, I probably wouldn't have followed Robert Pattinson's works at this point in time yet (who knows, maybe if he hit it big in some other movie, and I'd follow him from there on).

But see, even I admitted earlier that the Twilight movie was a little bit of a disappointment to me compared to the book.
Sometimes I find out that with some stories, it works better in my head than on the screen. In other instances, sometimes the movie is so much better than I could have ever imagined it. That's why I love books because when I read, they roll like a movie in my head. I think ladyofdarkness mentioned something like that too earlier. My sisters think it's weird I "watch movies in my head" though. Apparently their minds aren't as crazily creative as mine. LOL

I know they tried their best to capture their vision of Twilight, but I'm kind of hoping for a new director for the next part, though I doubt it. When I was watching Twilight, I kept thinking-- hm, I wonder what this movie would like if the directors/producers who made Harry Potter made the movie? Or another director... would the pace be smoother, would the the story flow better, would that one scene have been explained more...etc?

Love that Savage Garden song... it does fit well with this situation.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador

good point noungning and I believe that most of the girls that declare themselves a Rob fan is really an Edward fan...and you're right again if he wasn't casted as Edward no one would probably discover what an amazing actor he is...for me I have had a crush on him since Harry Potter and that led me to search for his other work...he's been in this one fantasy movie, really little, low budget, called the Rings of the Nibelungs...and that just cemented my fandomness for him. Then I bought (even though it isn't available in the States at all) The Bad Mother's Handbook...which is this BBC miniseries he did in 2006ish...in it he played a nerdy type character, but that is what made his character all the more endearing b/c in the miniseries he is in love with this girl who gets impregnated by an ex-boyfriend and is dumped subsequently, when she finds out Rob's character becomes a really great and I mean GREAT friend. He is always helping her out all the time and at the end she finally realizes what he means to her and they are together. So yes I can say genuinely that I am a fan of Rob Pattinson, and the fact that he is Edward Cullen just makes it that more sweeter for me, because Edward is my favorite character. I'm really looking forward to seeing much more from him not just from Twilight but from other projects. He has two movies out right now playing the film festival circuits but will be in limited release in theaters. One is called How to Be and the other is Little Ashes. As for other people not finding him attractive...hey different strokes for different folks...whatever floats your boat. For me it's Rob Pattinson. And from all the interviews that he's done and I've seen and read he seems like a cool, down to Earth kind of guy. The kind that you could hang around and out with and not be bored for a second.

As for the movie Twilight...
it wasn't great...I am going to admit...it's not going to win any awards. But I like that it stayed true to the book. If it had gone on a tangent even a little bit then I would've stormed Summit Entertainment headquarters and someone would've had to pay in blood... :D With that said...it wasn't a terrible movie altogether...I really love the cinematography...I love the score and the music...and I love Rob's portrayal of Edward Cullen in it. Bella I liked too...Kristen is really pretty in a girl-next-door kind of way. The Cullens are super uber cool esp. Dr. Carlisle Cullen. My favorite thing about the movie are the evil vampires, Victoria, James, and Laurent. James, the guy that plays him, Cam Gigandet is so HOT... :p Victoria at first I wasn't sure that she matched the part but Rachelle Lefevre is sooooo Victoria and I am lookin forward to Eclipse when she and Edward battles each other. Laurent...it will be interesting to see how they make him eviler in New Moon since he stopped siding with James in the movie. Cause it is a bit different in the book.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
good point noungning and I believe that most of the girls that declare themselves a Rob fan is really an Edward fan...and you're right again if he wasn't casted as Edward no one would probably discover what an amazing actor he is...for me I have had a crush on him since Harry Potter and that led me to search for his other work...he's been in this one fantasy movie, really little, low budget, called the Rings of the Nibelungs...and that just cemented my fandomness for him. Then I bought (even though it isn't available in the States at all) The Bad Mother's Handbook...which is this BBC miniseries he did in 2006ish...in it he played a nerdy type character, but that is what made his character all the more endearing b/c in the miniseries he is in love with this girl who gets impregnated by an ex-boyfriend and is dumped subsequently, when she finds out Rob's character becomes a really great and I mean GREAT friend. He is always helping her out all the time and at the end she finally realizes what he means to her and they are together. So yes I can say genuinely that I am a fan of Rob Pattinson, and the fact that he is Edward Cullen just makes it that more sweeter for me, because Edward is my favorite character. I'm really looking forward to seeing much more from him not just from Twilight but from other projects. He has two movies out right now playing the film festival circuits but will be in limited release in theaters. One is called How to Be and the other is Little Ashes. As for other people not finding him attractive...hey different strokes for different folks...whatever floats your boat. For me it's Rob Pattinson. And from all the interviews that he's done and I've seen and read he seems like a cool, down to Earth kind of guy. The kind that you could hang around and out with and not be bored for a second.

As for the movie Twilight...
it wasn't great...I am going to admit...it's not going to win any awards. But I like that it stayed true to the book. If it had gone on a tangent even a little bit then I would've stormed Summit Entertainment headquarters and someone would've had to pay in blood... :D With that said...it wasn't a terrible movie altogether...I really love the cinematography...I love the score and the music...and I love Rob's portrayal of Edward Cullen in it. Bella I liked too...Kristen is really pretty in a girl-next-door kind of way. The Cullens are super uber cool esp. Dr. Carlisle Cullen. My favorite thing about the movie are the evil vampires, Victoria, James, and Laurent. James, the guy that plays him, Cam Gigandet is so HOT... :p Victoria at first I wasn't sure that she matched the part but Rachelle Lefevre is sooooo Victoria and I am lookin forward to Eclipse when she and Edward battles each other. Laurent...it will be interesting to see how they make him eviler in New Moon since he stopped siding with James in the movie. Cause it is a bit different in the book.

Oh man Toon, I wanna see his other works too with the summaries you listed. I'll try to track the old ones on eBay/amazon. They sound really interesting, especially Rings of the Nibelungs cause I like fantasy stuff. I'm not so sure about the Mother's handbook movie. I tend to stay away from stories where main guy picks up girl after she got dumped & pregnant story lines. No matter how much of an open mind I try to keep going into those type of movies, I still can't bring myself to get over that factor.

I've been hearing bits and pieces in shows/magazines on his new stuff and will definitely keep my eyes out for them. I'm excited to see what other stuff he has in store.

I thought I was gonna feel guilty for saying it, but since you mentioned it-- I wanna say it too. I thought Cam Gigandet was super HOT. Not just from the movie, but I thought he looked really good since pics and previews first came out about the movie. Think I have a thing for some guys and longer hair (just in movies though, hate that look in real life... :D). Um, but hated Jacob and his long hair-- Taylor Lautner doesn't match his Twilight hairstyle. Love Taylor Lautner's personality in real life though, that really seems to shine through. I can see how he was a child star-- he's definitely got charisma.
I'm gonna go watch "Never Back Down" for Cam. I rented it a while back and my sisters said he was steamy HOT in there, even though he was the bad guy too. But I remember in previews, Cam caught my eye more than the good dude anyways. I'm looking forward to seeing more from him too.

And Twilight storyline did pick up immensely after the nomads met up with the Cullens at the baseball game. Toon- I think even in the book Laurent's character worked out like in the movie... he did stop siding with James and left their group. I was disappointed on the choices he made in Book 2 though
(attacking Bella, which eventually led to his death).

Can't wait to see more Rachelle Lefevre too since her role in New Moon will be much bigger and she'll be even more evil. She's so nice in person in real life though. I hopes she makes another stop to my town again with New Moon promotions.

noungning

Heartless
he is a good actor, but i guess yeah... to me, he's not the cup of joe for this role. appearance wise that is, acting wise, he was able to portray a really romantic heart throb lol... i wish it were orlando bloom hahaha... he has a very cold and pale feel if that's what he wants to show and he can be such a romantic chunk of hunk all the time too. :drool:

wow, so toon u are a hardcore fan. which is great.

maybe i might wanna start to read so i understand everything to a better dept... oh geeh did i just say i wanna read, *faints*

chinkywinky

sarNie Adult
ok, im back.. i think im missing the movie... :-(
but anyways.. how do i make the words highlighted in black??
i don't want to spoil it for anyone.