[Movie] Twilight

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
So I need your opinions on a question about the books and the upcoming release of the movie. I haven't really heard of the series until just recently when all the press about the movie came out. I'm a big fan of the Harry Potter books, so I like reading this type of book. A friend of a friend is obsessed with the books and is going to watch the movie multiple times. She recommended that I wait until I watch the movie to start reading the books, otherwise I'll be disappointed. I don't know...I want to start reading the books now, but maybe I should take her advice. What do you guys think? I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Edward is being portrayed by the same actor who played Cedric Diggory in the fourth Harry Potter movie.
I'm gonna try to watch Twilight multiple times too if I really like it.

You know, I think it works either way. Some people I know have never read the book but are going to the movie. Some like me are going to see the movie to see how it compares with the book. But I don't think you could watch the movie and be disappointed by the book though--- I would think it would be the other way around more, because the book has way more than the movie (especially if you read the whole set). Plus you have to remember that the book started the whole Twilight craze, NOT the movie, so you shouldn't be disappointed by the book.

Stephanie Meyer said in an interview that her hope for the movie is that those who have never read it will go watch the movie and be so interested that they'll read the books.

I would say that if the movie wasn't set to come out yet for a couple weeks, then definitely read the books first. But since Twilight comes out in like 24 hours already, you might as well go watch the movie and read the book afterwards since it might get too tempting when everyone else around you is watching it.

When I first read the books, I didn't even know about the movie, so everything was a clean slate. And it didn't have characters on the covers like the Harry Potter books, so I had a whole different vision of what Bella, Edward and Jacob looked. Robert Pattinson seemed to be a good fit for Edward, but I was expecting Bella to look a little bit plainer looking than Kristin Stewart and Jacob looked waaay different in my mind. For some reason, I thought Bella's voice would be sweeter sounding than Kristin's since we "hear" her voice and her thoughts through all of the book. I think Kristin's voice sounds a little harsh/not very feminine sometimes in the previews. But I think my mind has accepted the actors as the characters now because I imagine Rob and Kristin when I re-read the books...

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
i'm not too familiar with the whole Twilight movie. I'm still debating whether I should go watch it or not... :blink:

My one reason why I wanna watch it is because of the whole Romeo/Juliet scenario. :lol: & the reason why I don't wanna watch it is because I don't know what it's about so I don't wanna be asking questions the whole time i'm in the theater & the main dude, the vampire, isn't cute--my opinion-- so i don't know if i can sit for about 2 hours watching him onscreen.

So... i'm stuck in dilemma. :blink:
You should watch it. You don't have to know what's going on to see it. Luckily, it's Twilight and not the other continuing books, so the movie will explain what's going on, how the characters meet, whose who, how the world of vampires is and all that. If it was "New Moon" or "Eclipse" or "Breaking Dawn"-- then you might get a little lost.

Rob's hot (I think anyways... ) but I'm really there to see the love story play out.

Basically, if you want a summary, Bella Swan moves to a tiny town: Forks, Washington to live with her dad (Forks isn't a new town for her though, she's been there visiting her dad in the past). At school, she meets the Cullens, and she gets very interested in Edward. Edward seems to hate her at first, but she later realizes through hearing legends and putting two and two together that the Cullens are vampires. Edward falls for Bella too despite the fact that she poses such an intense danger to his way of life (not killing people for blood) when the scent of her blood tempts him at every turn.

Later they meet some bad vampires, who wants to kill Bella and the Cullens have to band together to save her... and of course through the whole book, you've got the whole "impossible" love of a vampire-human story going on, which I think is the Romeo-Juliet thingy. Personally, I just thought of it as a love story, never really made the Romeo-Juliet connection much.

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
You should watch it. You don't have to know what's going on to see it. Luckily, it's Twilight and not the other continuing books, so the movie will explain what's going on, how the characters meet, whose who, how the world of vampires is and all that. If it was "New Moon" or "Eclipse" or "Breaking Dawn"-- then you might get a little lost.

Rob's hot (I think anyways... ) but I'm really there to see the love story play out.

Basically, if you want a summary, Bella Swan moves to a tiny town: Forks, Washington to live with her dad (Forks isn't a new town for her though, she's been there visiting her dad in the past). At school, she meets the Cullens, and she gets very interested in Edward. Edward seems to hate her at first, but she later realizes through hearing legends and putting two and two together that the Cullens are vampires. Edward falls for Bella too despite the fact that she poses such an intense danger to his way of life (not killing people for blood) when the scent of her blood tempts him at every turn.

Later they meet some bad vampires, who wants to kill Bella and the Cullens have to band together to save her... and of course through the whole book, you've got the whole "impossible" love of a vampire-human story going on, which I think is the Romeo-Juliet thingy. Personally, I just thought of it as a love story, never really made the Romeo-Juliet connection much.
I applaud your very excellent summary StarryXing. I'm so excited and I can not hide it....LOL...23 something more hours to go for me... :D

fun

Expired Sarnie
i'm not too familiar with the whole Twilight movie. I'm still debating whether I should go watch it or not... :blink:

My one reason why I wanna watch it is because of the whole Romeo/Juliet scenario. :lol: & the reason why I don't wanna watch it is because I don't know what it's about so I don't wanna be asking questions the whole time i'm in the theater & the main dude, the vampire, isn't cute--my opinion-- so i don't know if i can sit for about 2 hours watching him onscreen.

So... i'm stuck in dilemma. :blink:
Though I haven't even seen the movie, you won't be disappointed. When I first read the book, it was more of a lakorn to me. LMAO I don't know why maybe it's the love thing that reminds me of Thai lakorns in general.

Robert makes a good Edward. He's lucky he got to play a wizard and now a vampire!!! LMAO

Toon

hey girls check this out...this is seriously LOL funny...
Click here!

Click here!

I can't believe it Jacob is better at Rock Band than Edward :eek: ...noooooooooooooooooo...not true!!!

Toon

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....1 hour and 47 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!

Catch you'll later!!!

emo

sarNie Hatchling
I was gone so long and after coming back, there has been a Twilight craze here without me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the book, except for 2 and 4 but so so love it still!

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
I applaud your very excellent summary StarryXing. I'm so excited and I can not hide it....LOL...23 something more hours to go for me... :D
Thanks Toon! :) I'm sure your at the movies now since the last time you posted you only had an hour left to wait. Enjoy!!

Three nights ago, I bought midnight tickets for last night's showing, but I got SICK yesterday so I gave my friend my ticket!!!! Sucks... so I'm going to try to catch Twilight tomorrow. Gosh, more waiting.

I was gone so long and after coming back, there has been a Twilight craze here without me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the book, except for 2 and 4 but so so love it still!
Really? I loved Book 2 and thought I was a Jacob fan for a while there... even through Book 3 I still really liked Jacob. I was having a "taiwanese drama" moment because I couldn't choose which guy I wanted Bella to be with, they both loved her so much! Course, I knew she was perfect with Edward... but I kept feeling sad Jacob got the short end of the stick. I think it was Book 3 when Bella was like: If she had never met Edward, then she would have been really, truly happy with Jacob. They would have had babies, lived happily ever after... etc. And she had that moment where she envisioned their life together. But, because she met Edward, her whole path changed and her happiness was only with Edward and she couldn't be happy without Edward. I really thought that idea was so profound-- it's like she had TWO soulmates based on two different situations... kind of like how Alice says the future works-- your future is based on your decisions.

I also really liked that Bella heard Edward in her head-- I thought for some reason Bella and Edward had a strong enough connection that he really was talking and protecting to her when he was away. I was soooo disappointed at the end when Edward didn't know anything about his "voice" talking to Bella. DARNS - maybe it was the Edward stalker lover in me that was hoping he was still mentally stalking Bella when he was across the world!! :)

I agree though... Book 4 was really WEIRD. It was like I was reading a whole different story and I didn't like it at all... and Book 4 killed my love for Jacob. He just got too annoying. :)

Toon

Thanks Toon! :) I'm sure your at the movies now since the last time you posted you only had an hour left to wait. Enjoy!!

Three nights ago, I bought midnight tickets for last night's showing, but I got SICK yesterday so I gave my friend my ticket!!!! Sucks... so I'm going to try to catch Twilight tomorrow. Gosh, more waiting.

Really? I loved Book 2 and thought I was a Jacob fan for a while there... even through Book 3 I still really liked Jacob. I was having a "taiwanese drama" moment because I couldn't choose which guy I wanted Bella to be with, they both loved her so much! Course, I knew she was perfect with Edward... but I kept feeling sad Jacob got the short end of the stick. I think it was Book 3 when Bella was like: If she had never met Edward, then she would have been really, truly happy with Jacob. They would have had babies, lived happily ever after... etc. And she had that moment where she envisioned their life together. But, because she met Edward, her whole path changed and her happiness was only with Edward and she couldn't be happy without Edward. I really thought that idea was so profound-- it's like she had TWO soulmates based on two different situations... kind of like how Alice says the future works-- your future is based on your decisions.

I also really liked that Bella heard Edward in her head-- I thought for some reason Bella and Edward had a strong enough connection that he really was talking and protecting to her when he was away. I was soooo disappointed at the end when Edward didn't know anything about his "voice" talking to Bella. DARNS - maybe it was the Edward stalker lover in me that was hoping he was still mentally stalking Bella when he was across the world!! :)

I agree though... Book 4 was really WEIRD. It was like I was reading a whole different story and I didn't like it at all... and Book 4 killed my love for Jacob. He just got too annoying. :)

So I just came back from my second time watching the movie...LOL...yeah I liked it a lot even though some critics didn't. I just don't follow anyone else leads or critiques. I have to watch it or read it or hear it for myself. The first time I watched it...I wasn't able to absorb too much of the movie because of all the excitement, screaming fan girls and what not...but this second time I was able to absorb it all. I will write a review maybe in two more days when everyone...well almost everyone has had a chance to watch the movie. All I have to say is....Rob Pattinson, watch yourself man, I'm on the look out for you...whenever you come to Chicago again...I'm gonna try to slip my number for you. :D

to starryXing...I really liked Breaking Dawn even though there were some really weird moments and even though Jacob became overbearingly annoying. It's my second favorite next to Twilight which is my most favorite.
I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic because I really liked that everyone I cared for survived and I really love Edward's and Bella's last scene together. Finally Edward gets the confirmation of Bella's love from her mind that he's been wanting to hear ever since they met. :D

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
So I just came back from my second time watching the movie...LOL...yeah I liked it a lot even though some critics didn't. I just don't follow anyone else leads or critiques. I have to watch it or read it or hear it for myself. The first time I watched it...I wasn't able to absorb too much of the movie because of all the excitement, screaming fan girls and what not...but this second time I was able to absorb it all. I will write a review maybe in two more days when everyone...well almost everyone has had a chance to watch the movie. All I have to say is....Rob Pattinson, watch yourself man, I'm on the look out for you...whenever you come to Chicago again...I'm gonna try to slip my number for you. :D
I'm also planning on watching the movie twice... :lol: on wednesday night, i'll watch it with my parents and some other day with my friends (who are also addicted to Twilight!) :lol:

starryXing*

sarNie Adult

to starryXing...I really liked Breaking Dawn even though there were some really weird moments and even though Jacob became overbearingly annoying. It's my second favorite next to Twilight which is my most favorite.
I guess I'm just a hopeless romantic because I really liked that everyone I cared for survived and I really love Edward's and Bella's last scene together. Finally Edward gets the confirmation of Bella's love from her mind that he's been wanting to hear ever since they met. :D
Just got back from Lift-Oil's concert. Man, they are good looking in person, and this is coming from someone who didn't really pay much attention to them before.

Oops, back on track here-- I wanna join the Rob Pattinson stalker/'phone-slipper' club too. We'll slip him a whole list of sarnie Twilight lovers phone numbers instead of just one. :)

Yes, I agree, even though I didn't like the majority of Breaking Dawn,
I liked how the ending did round out the issues of Bella and the whole mind reading thing, that was neat. Nessie was really cute too. I thought I read somewhere that technology wasn't advanced enough to create a Nessie or something yet right now. But I'm sure they'll figure something out when they get to making that part.

But most of all, Bella and Edward got to be together forever ever. YAY-- that's all everyone really wanted to see happen at the end.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Okay, so back to theTwilight thai fan fic idea, here's my adaptation.

I still think the characters should be young (not high school), but still young enough to be in college.

I goggled the rainiest place in Thailand, and it’s the Ranong province, so that’s where she’ll come stay. They go see beaches, waterfalls, hot springs, and go have that camp out in a nearby exotic island because there’s a lot of that there. There are lots of forests for the Cullens to get their “food” too. I even found Ranong pictures.

There’s a community college that could find in Ranong, but I’m not sure I want to send Bella and Edward there since it looks really small… maybe Carlisle will come to town to volunteer as the town doctor (he chose the place because of the rain) and bring the Cullens. They'll enroll in school. Bella comes from Bangkok to the area because her dad and pen pal Jacob asked to come visit. Edward and Bella will still meet at school and fall in love... She might have to ride a bike or moped too back and forth though because I'm not sure too many students will drive clunky red cars in a tiny town, Edward might drive motorcycles or since the Cullens are so rich, maybe the Volvo will still work -- hm, adapting this story to Thai is a little bit complicated than I thought-- have to think of so many tiny details.

** I'll post some photoshopped pics up later for who I think should be in my Twilight thai fan fic. I picked a list of people. (Gosh, I had a lot of time on my hands yesterday, huh?):D **

Hiatus

Super Momo
saw it last night thats why im reading the book now i hate to read the book before the movie because everytime you do you always expected more and the movie just ruins it now ill just portray edward like the wya he was portray in the movie hahahaha