[Movie] The Sorcerer and the White Snake 2011

mia07

Introvert
Upon seeing the series version of Madam White Snake with Fann Wong and Christopher Lee, I'm quite excited for this movie. I think There is a Mandarin and Cantonese version. and will be out on September 29th 2011 It's out already and you can watch it online. With Jet Li, Raymond Lam, Eva Huang, Charlene Choi, and Vivian Hsu.

Synopsis: According to legend, there lived a horde of goblins and monsters in the depths of the primeval forest. Among these evil spirits were two snakes, one white and one green, loitering in the mountains, leading a carefree life. One day, a young herbalist Xu Xian (Raymond Lam) came to the mountains and accidentally fell into a lake. White Snake (Eva Huang), in the incarnation of a beautiful lady, the form she acquired after a thousand years of practice and cultivation, came to his rescue. White Snake’s passion for this young man could not be contained, and with the help of Green Snake (Charlene Choi), she ventured into the human world and got married to Xu Xian. Not long after their marriage, a strange disease started plaguing their town. As a physician, Xu Xian was very anxious. In order to help her husband, White Snake was willing to use up most of her supernatural power to concoct medicine for the disease, undermining her body and her vital energy. Fa Hai (Jet Li), a sorcerer from Jinshan Temple, whose mission was to travel the world to subdue demons and slay monsters, arrived in time to save the town from the plague. But at the same time, from the medicine provided by Xu Xian, the sorcerer detected a touch of evil. Then came Dragon Boat Festival when Chinese families drink wine to drive away evil spirits. In celebration, Xu Xian made White Snake drink some wine, and she immediately turned into a big white snake. Meanwhile Fa Hai came to the house in order to subdue White Snake. In confusion, Xu Xian used the sacred sword given to him by Fa Hai and wounded the large white python. White Snake escaped with serious injury. Xu Xian was grief-stricken and tried to make remedy by risking his life to obtain a potent medicinal herb for his wife. Xu Xian got the herb but during the course was possessed by demons. In order to save him, Fa hai kept him in Jinshan Temple. After taking the herbal dose, White Snake regained her strength and power and rushed to Jinshan Temple for her husband. She was overcome with rage after the failure to enter the Temple. In extreme frenzy, she summoned up a flood over the Temple causing a catastrophe.

fun

Expired Sarnie
OH I am super excited. I was a Jet Li lover when he was younger. He was such a hunk!!!

mia07

Introvert
The main casts:
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6d5c6e91gw1dk615222hej.jpg

Thai-Dubbed Trailer:

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
JET LI!!! I hope this is a good one!!! ^_^

mia07

Introvert
Hahaha!! From what I know, the director was all secretive about this movie so you can hardly find pictures/spoilers.

mia07

Introvert
THAT LOOKS REALLY GOOD, IS IT A MOVIE OR A SERIE? ANY CLUE WHEN IT'LL BE OUT
It's only a movie and releases towards the middle or end of next month. :)
Here's a "Behind-The-Scene" with some of the casts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSQ3w0touw

mia07

Introvert
Wish Charlene was white snake instead so she can be with Raymond
LOL. I think there are many who wish the same although I don't mind Eva. Just have to see how it goes. Sometimes, it's good to see new actors/actresses pairing up together. =)

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Charlene still sucks at emotional scenes, her crying is still as dry as ever. I am not surprised as to why Eva is the main character and not her. Charlene shines in comedy more. Just from the trailers, I can already sense the passion and rage Eva's character goes through. Eva has always been a great actress and is super gorgeous in ancient attire.

mia07

Introvert
The theme song "Promise" sung by Raymond and Eva.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2vbV9p84eo

mia07

Introvert
If anyone is interested, you can watch the movie on YouTube by clicking the links in the first post.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Thank you guys for the links. The movie was pretty good but they should have added one or two more sweet scenes between the leads, it wouldn't have hurt, short movie though.

mia07

Introvert
Yeah, I agree. I think it would've been better if it was a series as well. There's going to be a sequel though.