[Movie] Suddenly Twenty (2016)

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨

This Thai movie is a remake of the Korean movie Miss Granny (2014). Parn is a stubborn woman in her 70s whose only pleasure in life is to brag about her son who she singlehandedly raised to be a professor. One day, she learns that her son is planning to send her off to a nursing home. While wondering the street in shock and disappointment, she is drawn to a mysterious light and walks into a photo studio. She gets her portrait taken, but when she leaves she is shocked to see her reflection. Skin fair and supple and slender figure, she's gone back to being a vibrant young woman again! With no one recognizing her, she sees it as a second chance at life and decides to take advantage of her newfound youth that she never got to enjoy in her old days.

Credit IMDb.com

I think Davika did a great job in this movie! It was really fun to watch her in this role—she was just so energetic, playful, funny, and Cute! This movie made me think a lot.. what are some people, events, chances I should be more appreciative of? What is important to me so that I know why I make the choices I make? How important is being youthful to me? Do I regret decisions I’ve made in the past and would I redo them if given the chance to?

For Davika’s character,
in the end, her family wins! She draws some blood for her grandson and turns into her former self again. She always makes the choice to take care of her family, and like she states in the movie, she doesn’t have any regrets. She’d do it all over the same again.. I guess in the end, she lets the guy, Nut, go too because she chose her family. I like the lines also at the end, [translation] “Did I choose the wrong path? Did I pick the wrong choice? Why must it always be like this? I always do stupid things. Maybe because...I am a human being. A normal person. A woman. A mother. A grandma. A weak person. And coward. Too much of a coward to see anyone die.””

Last edited:

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Like Parn,,
I would choose my loved ones over youth.. Sometimes even, I think being young is harder than being older.. you just have so many insecurities, uncertainties, feelings of being lost and not having found yourself yet.. so I would rather be older than younger. Becoming older comes with confidence and maturity and experience! :)

And true love for others to me is eternal, unlike youth which doesn’t last.
“True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart.” ~ Honore de Balzac

Last edited: