[Movie] Padmaavat

cecilia

Staff member
Ranveer scares me with that dark evil lord look - not liking it. Deepika is gorgeous as always in traditional dresses-- she looks so cool at the beginning of the movie with her warrior princess look. Shahid looks so gentle and powerful, as the protective husband/king -- hate that he has two wives, though.

Anyway, I thought it was a bit extreme to go to war for a woman (because of her beauty) ... I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. OVERALL, an decent movie for fans who like war theme movie. I like a few songs from the movie. The acting, the costumes, the location, and the colors are exceptionally beautiful! Just wish the movie has a lot of romance like Jodha Akbar (I want more romance scenes).

Ah, I like that she's loyal wife. She rather kill herself than to be another man's wife when her king lost the war and die at the end. Well done, queen! A perfect ending to torture the man who didn't get a chance to see her beauty for the rest of his life.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
SLB needs a holiday, work with new people and do something different altogether. I think the best performances in the film were the supporting cast, particularly Aditi Rao Hydari and I guess Jim Sarbh too. Ranveer comes out on top out of the main three while Shahid and Deepika were bland.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
Padmavaat definitely benefited off the Ranveer - SLB - Deepika combination, releasing on a holiday weekend and the whole controversy they faced by some group about the depiction of Rajput (which was absolutely horrible and vile, I felt really bad for the team especially SLB and Deepika cause they were facing the brunt of that anger). As for the story it could've been something epic but it fell flat, the film got lucky with the stars and fans that turned out for it.