[Movie] Crazy Rich Asians (2018)

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Yeahhhhh :aaaaa:...25 years later after The Joy Luck Club comes Crazy Rich Asians. What a long wait but it is finally here!!!

Description: Based on the novel by Kevin Kwan, Crazy Rich Asians centers on American-born Chinese economics professor Rachel Chu (Constance Wu), who accompanies her boyfriend (Henry Golding) to Singapore for his best friend's wedding, only to become thrust into the lives of Asia's rich and famous. She discovers that her boyfriend comes from a very wealthy family with a dark past, and that every woman wants him.

Cr to wikipedia & Warner Bros Pictures

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Hahha I just watched Constance and Henry on Ellen talking about the movie today. I have heard about the The Joy Luck Club, but never got into it. :/

I’m excited for Crazy Rich Asians too !! Yes— Asians represent internationally!!!

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Saw this over the weekend and definitely recommend this to everyone. I wasn’t even planning on watching this because the previews looks sorta corny, but it wasn’t. Because of the actors and director made this one very enjoyable rom com!

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@S.J.M , aww, don’t you hate it when someone ruin a good movie for you?? I like this movie very much because it was a surprisingly good for me. I love a good heartfelt rom com and this has all the elements, it’s funny, romantic, heartwarming movie. I really don’t remember when was the last good rom com I watch.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Me too, my sister & her friend were annoying but i loved the movie & I heard they are already working on a sequel, anyway Hollywood stopped making good rom com since forever & focused on hero movies & action. My favorite moment was with astrid I really loved that character.
Yeah, cus rom com doesn’t make as much money as si-fi or action movies but still once in awhile I enjoy a good romantic comedy. Isn’t Astrid in the 2nd book? Maybe I’ll read the books. I do hope they make a sequel to this.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Love Coldplay’s song “Yellow” and happy the cover was used in the final scene of the movie :):icon12: Beautiful! ““If we’re going to be called yellow, we’re going to make it beautiful.” — Jon Chu, director

I liked this funny scene:

*Nick shows his mother’s emerald ring to Rachel on the airplane* “Will you marry me, Rachel?”

Passenger behind Rachel screaming, “Yes! Yes! She will marry you!!” :p:p

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Lol, in response to “You will Never be good enough for my son!”

Credit to rightful owner