[Movie] Bhuppae Sunniwat 2(GDH): Pope Thanawat\Bella Ranee

nat12

sarNie Adult
Oh I don't know if that's the "official" or real reason-just my assumptions based on those 2 restrictions. China only allows like 20 foreign films a year or some really low number and a good % of them are probably Hollywood movies. The ban on time travel in movies/dramas is because it disrespects history.
I’m sure that’s just the excuse that the CCP government gives. The CCP brought Cultural Revolution to China. I can’t think of a bigger disrespect (and that’s saying the least) to history than that. The government limits the number of foreign films because they want to limit foreign influence on its citizens. So that they can still control their citizens and they can remain in power, that’s it. I have no idea why they are so sure that they can only open their economy to the outside but still close off everything else, but they will still try because that’s the only way they can keep their power.

But yes, Pope & Bella have a huge fan base there. Otherwise RLM wouldn’t have gotten its simulcast rights for China, to the point that their on-air schedule had to be delayed.

nat12

sarNie Adult
According to the director, it seems to be Netflix globally. Singapore is getting it on 1 Dec too.

I’m still excited to watch it even though I watched the movie several times already.:p

nat12

sarNie Adult
Promo video for Netflix

I swear, this is the only romantic comedy I can think of where the lead couple hardly come out to promote the movie together. :confused12:

bit

sarNie Adult
Promo video for Netflix

I swear, this is the only romantic comedy I can think of where the lead couple hardly come out to promote the movie together. :confused12:
You and me, I’m not sure if it is because both will cost so much or they just very busy.

It fell to Ice Paris to do the promo work.

nat12

sarNie Adult
You and me, I’m not sure if it is because both will cost so much or they just very busy.

It fell to Ice Paris to do the promo work.
Oh those are possible reasons. Maybe the marketing budget for the movie is already a lot, would be too much if you get both of them together. I was even wondering if they wanted to not make people so sick of seeing them together, especially considering there’s PL coming out next year. But I still think it’s strange.

New promo clip… where they gossip about each other on set.

Bella brought a microwave oven to the set?:risas3:
Also, I noticed the same thing about Pope too… that he improvised often to get the best and most natural reactions from Bella and Ice.. though I think Bella is his most frequent target.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I’m finally FINALLY watching this movie!!! I’m loving it so far and sure I’m gonna continue loving it! :love: I’m watching it on Lakorn Galaxy’s site

There are ads that do pop up though!

nat12

sarNie Adult
kekeke I’m feeling bad for Pope’s character here

Just moments before that he had been happy to have broken off the engagement.:pancarta:

Pope is really good in this. He’s responsible for creating most of his character and is so natural that even Bella was confused at times if he’s acting or being himself.

Enjoy! The movie isn’t perfect, but acting is not at fault. Main and supporting cast acted well.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
Pope is hitting 40 soooon. Wonder when he’ll find himself someone to settle with! :D. But these things you shouldn’t rush! :)

nat12

sarNie Adult
Pope is hitting 40 soooon. Wonder when he’ll find himself someone to settle with! :D. But these things you shouldn’t rush! :)
That’s the million-dollar question everyone keeps asking him. But he keeps saying he hasn’t met anyone, doesn’t intend to get married or have kids. IMO, he is just saying that so what reporters would stop bugging him about it, haha.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
I like how Bella doesn’t have too much makeup on in here. I think she looks beautiful.

nat12

sarNie Adult
There are fans who prefer her to be made up like in lakorn. But I feel like that overly made up look will not suit her character here. Also in movies they usually go for more natural make-up, especially for period dramas.

Yeah, I think Pope’s “fool in love” character is super adorable and funny here! It really makes good use of his natural comedy sense and is different from his image in dramas (that cool, gentlemanly p’ek they typecast him in). But at the same time, his character also has a serious side (when it comes to work/politics) which his foolish character doesn’t detract from.

The biggest flaw of the movie to me is that the drama plot was better. This is basically BPS basic plot done in GDH style. And the action scene was not edited very well. I could see what the director was trying to do, but the editing for that scene made it too draggy. Pope did well in the action scenes though.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
plus there are ppl who look better with no to little makeup (I wish I was one!) . Beautiful both ways, but to me Bella’s better looking with minimal makeup