[Movie] Bhuppae Sunniwat 2(GDH): Pope Thanawat\Bella Ranee

nat12

sarNie Adult
BigC released some bloopers yesterday.

I love how professional the production staff was. Each time they make a mistake or fool around, the staff just continue to call the shots just like they’re ignoring them and ready to continue working.:pancarta: They must be so used to it.

Reactions: bit

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Excuse my ignorance, but is 200 mil baht alot? Sometimes, movie in the states where opening weekend garnered 20-30 mils is considered a flop. I guess it's a lot since covid?

nat12

sarNie Adult
Excuse my ignorance, but is 200 mil baht alot? Sometimes, movie in the states where opening weekend garnered 20-30 mils is considered a flop. I guess it's a lot since covid?
A bunch of info posted comparing relative takings of different movies got deleted. But yes, 200 million baht is considered a lot for a Thai film, and especially in the context of the current economy and with COVID.

BPS2’s first weekend takings was the highest in 4 years for a Thai movie.

BPS2’s first weekend takings was also GDH’s biggest opening ever. You can also see how it compares to other movies first weekend takings in the last 2 years (i.e. during the pandemic).

I was confused because there’s Pee Mak and that Sunny & Ice’s movie on that list, but I guess those was when the company was GTH, not the current GDH.

Many cinemas were reporting sold-out sessionsfor BPS2 last weekend, even the first sessions of the day.

bit

sarNie Adult
Pee Mak was in the era where no one expect to see it on Netflix. Same as Ice and Sunny movie. After Covid only Marvel movies seems to score high earnings in it’s first week in Thailand.

So BPS reaching 200m in it’s first week was an achievement itself. However this movie also had a huge investment so they need to achieve higher income to breakeven

nat12

sarNie Adult
The confirmed figures after 6 days, about 204 million.

I think the production costs for this movie alone was about 100 million baht. There’s still marketing costs. I remember reading some comments in Pantip wondering if GDH was being overconfident about that in this economy. But OTOH, considering what a huge phenomenon the lakorn was, if they didn’t invest enough in this movie, I think they won’t look good too. The movie definitely cannot lose out to the lakorn in terms of production value.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I'm surprised but not shocked that it's doing good. There's the pandemic that's still around, plus monkey pox. The numbers they are doing is considered high.

If not for the pandemic, I think they would've surpassed Pee Mak.

nat12

sarNie Adult
If not for the pandemic, I think they would've surpassed Pee Mak.
I totally agree. It’s really that type of comedy that can be enjoyed by the whole family and these days, we all just want to laugh. Also, it feels like a movie that needs to be watched more than once. Not just cos I’m a BPS fan who watched it several times, but cos it seems to have details that I did not quite catch the first time round.

So yeah, if not for the pandemic and maybe the poor economy at the moment, the numbers would have been much higher. As it is I just chose not to get popcorn to eat during the movie.:p