Moua Lee Upcomming Movie

oil_yui

sarNie Adult
nancyvang said:
As of hmong actor/actress being exploited. I have no comment. Why don't hmong just make an Entertainment Magazine, where they interview hmong actor/actress in Thailand, take pictures of them, etc. That way we'll get to hear both side of the story and judge by ourself if they're exploited or not.
[post="70088"][/post]​

that's a great idea. 'cause the hmong magazine now isn't all that. i mean, everything that's feature in the magazine have nothing to do with actor or actress.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
pathfinder said:
TRUST ME...there is no similarity.  However, now that you've mentioned it, maybe I will check it out and see if it's similar to my storyline.  Like I've mentioned before...I do watch Thai movies...but very few Thai movies.
[post="67381"][/post]​
You can go here to check about the movie I was mentioning.

Ta-Kien (Spirt of the Forest)

More Info.

Or order it from ethaicd.com

Ta-Kien (VCD)

Mae

sarNie Adult
I don't think Hmong actors and actresses in Thailand are exploited...Acting in a movie from Hmong American producers is way better than anything else....I mean, I'm sure they get paid decently, enought to put food on their tables and buy clothes...the daily necessities...if you look at Hmong actors and actresses from Thailand, they look A LOT more healthier than traditional villagers....look at Txam Thoj, he put on more meat since he became an actor! If I was living in Thailand, sure I'd act too....the pay isn't so bad....plus things over there are quite cheap too.....And these actors and actresses are quite smart intellect human beings...if they were getting paid badly, they probably wouldn't act.........

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
nancyvang said:
You can go here to check about the movie I was mentioning.

Ta-Kien (Spirt of the Forest)

More Info.

Or order it from ethaicd.com

Ta-Kien (VCD)
[post="71105"][/post]​

I DID CHECKED THE SITE OUT AND READ THE PLOT OF "TA-KIEN", WHICH IS NOT TRANSLATED "SPIRIT OF THE FOREST"....

ANYWAYS, NO SIMILARITY.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Yea. Ta-Kien is not translated Spirt of the Forest. Ta-kien is the name of the girl who's the spirt of the forest. And "Spirit of the Forest" is the little title at the end, like the description.

KhanaVang

sarNie Egg
pathfinder said:
HMONG AMERICANS ARE VERY TALENTED TOO. THERE ARE MANY GOOD ACTORS OUT THERE...LOOK CAREFULLY AND YOU'LL SEE.
CEDA_LEE, I WILL HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH YOU ON THE POINT THAT HMONG THAI ACTORS ARE BEING EXPLOITED.

I'LL GIVE YOU ALL SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:

- ONE DAY OF HARD LABOR IN THAILAND(12 HOURS ADAY): 100 - 150 BAHT/DAY
*YOU'LL BE LUCKY IF YOU EVEN GET A HARD LABOR JOB SOMEWHERE.

- BEING AN EXTRA IN MOUA LEE'S MOVIE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS: 300 - 500 BAHT/DAY

-BEING A WAITER AT A GOOD THAI RESTAURANT: 2,500 BAHT/MONTH
YOU PAY YOUR OWN RENT, FOOD, UTILITY BILLS ETC.

- STAR IN MOUA LEE'S MOVIE: 20,000 - 35,000 BAHT/MONTH
MOUA LEE PAYS FOR HOUSING, FOOD, AND TRANSPORTATION, ETC.

POV QAIB DIB STAR IN A NATIONAL THAI COMMERCIAL FOR CLORETS MINTS AND HE GETS 5000 BAHT. NOTE: CLORETS IS A WORLDWIDE MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY.

POV QAIB DIB STAR IN A HMONG MOVIE AS SUPPORTING ROLE, HE GETS PAY 20,000 BAHT. NOTE: HMONG PRODUCTIONS ARE VERY SMALL WITH BARELY ENOUGH BUDGET TO STAY IN BUSINESS.
ALL THE MAIN ACTORS IN MOUA'S MOVIES NOW HAVE JOBS STARRING IN OTHER PRODUCER'S MOVIES...GETTING GOOD PAYS.
EXPLOITATION? YOU GUYS BE THE JUDGE. ;)
[post="70074"][/post]​
you pointed everything out, said very well.

leek18

sarNie Adult
yeah that is what i'm talking about. i do want to see that movie too i mean "mam hlub lwm tiam - tiam 2." moua lee should play this movie because this story is good and i like it and also i like Paj Zaub Vwj too. she is so pretty (one of my new favorite actress)

Moua Lee, well if you have time to do "Mam Hlub Lwm Tiam - Tiam 2" please do it ok and we really want to see it.

beamie said:
yea...having a hmong magazine where we interview our stars and hear their gossip...sounds like a freaking good idea.....

i guess you can say that SOME hmong-american people can act.....but i think that when the get face to face with the camera...they get camera shy.....the stars in thailand i guess are more desperate....think of all the people that would want to be in their shoes....acting in front of a camera or singing....you know??

hey Moua Lee.....are you going to have a "Lwm Tiam Mam Hlub" movie Tiam 2???? with Tub Yaj and Paj Zaub Vwj??? i think that'd be sooo cool......and by the way...i love all your movies Moua Lee...i have everyone one of them...looking forward to watch Forest Keeper....

hey Moua Lee...how do people find their stars in Laos/Thailand anyways?? my dad says you just pull them off of the street and ask them if they wanna star in your movie...is that how it really works?? or do you hold auditions or something??? i'm just curious!! hehehe...
[post="70101"][/post]​

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
hahaah...i just noticed i spelt the title all wrong!! hahaha....stupid me.....anyways...i like Paj Zaub Vwj too....guess waht?? i'm so proud of her cause i'm a Vwj too....haven't seen many really good Vwj actors/actresses....but she's one of the best.....

pathfinder

sarNie Egg
precious_me said:
humm...sounds interesting...i wanna watch it...when is it out???
[post="71586"][/post]​
I don't have a release date yet. If things go according to plan, maybe during the 2006/2007 New Year.

leek18 said:
Moua Lee, well if you have time to do "Mam Hlub Lwm Tiam - Tiam 2" please do it ok and we really want to see it.
[post="71628"][/post]​

I will not be doing a sequel to "Mam Hlub Lwm Tiam". Both Paj Zaub Vwj and Tub Yaj have move on to new directions and it's hard to get them back together. I'm glad you guys like the movie.

I will let you guys in on another quick scoop. KSTP TV 5, an ABC affiliate station in St. Paul/Minneapolis had offered me a Photojournalism position and I am now back to shooting TV news stories in the Twin cities. It is a great priviledge to have the opportunity to work with a team of professional and award winning News Photographers and Reporters at Channel 5. I hope to run into some of you guys who live in the Twin cities. Stay out of trouble though...you never know, me and a reporter may come out and get you on the news...hehe. Or, on the other hand...do something good and make a difference in your community and we'll come out and do a profile story on your success and achievements.

Thank you everyone... for your kind words of comments in this forum. I will keep you all posted on the progress of my movie.

Take good care of yourselves...stay positive...support your fellow Hmong guys and ladies who are taking steps to make a difference...keep on pursuing your dreams...and one day it will come true. GOD BLESS.

ML

Mae

sarNie Adult
pathfinder said:
I don't have a release date yet. If things go according to plan, maybe during the 2006/2007 New Year.
I will not be doing a sequel to "Mam Hlub Lwm Tiam". Both Paj Zaub Vwj and Tub Yaj have move on to new directions and it's hard to get them back together. I'm glad you guys like the movie.
I will let you guys in on another quick scoop. KSTP TV 5, an ABC affiliate station in St. Paul/Minneapolis had offered me a Photojournalism position and I am now back to shooting TV news stories in the Twin cities. It is a great priviledge to have the opportunity to work with a team of professional and award winning News Photographers and Reporters at Channel 5. I hope to run into some of you guys who live in the Twin cities. Stay out of trouble though...you never know, me and a reporter may come out and get you on the news...hehe. Or, on the other hand...do something good and make a difference in your community and we'll come out and do a profile story on your success and achievements.

Thank you everyone... for your kind words of comments in this forum. I will keep you all posted on the progress of my movie.

Take good care of yourselves...stay positive...support your fellow Hmong guys and ladies who are taking steps to make a difference...keep on pursuing your dreams...and one day it will come true. GOD BLESS.

ML
[post="74873"][/post]​
Congrats on the new position!

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
an artwork Tubhmoob_Vaj @ hmongblog did....i thought it was kool....i really like the poster....

credit to hmongblog

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
Pepper_UHT said:
an artwork Tubhmoob_Vaj @ hmongblog did....i thought it was kool....i really like the poster....

credit to hmongblog
[post="79447"][/post]​
OMG! it looks very very very good!!

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Pepper_UHT said:

credit to hmongblog
[post="79447"][/post]​
Is this the cover for the movie? Forestkeeper?
If it is, pretty darn good but let's see if the movie is gonna be good.. hehehe..

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
YM_gurl said:
Is this the cover for the movie? Forestkeeper?
If it is, pretty darn good but let's see if the movie is gonna be good.. hehehe..
[post="81954"][/post]​

:lol: no it's not...it's just a fan artwork....