mother-in-laws

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
do you think that age affects how much or how little a mother-in-law works around the house?
or does that just depends how the mother-in-law is..?

first off.. i know that most mother-in-laws do expect their daughter-in-laws to cook, clean, and do all or most of the work
so.. i was talking to my older sister about it a few days ago..
her mother-in-law is probably in her late 40s and didn't do much around the house when she was still around...
so when i told her that my mother-in-law still cooks, cleans, and does what she needs to do to maintain the house when i'm not home..
she said it was because my mother-in-law is younger and that's why she still does it.

but i think it depends on the person
because i've seen girls who have mother-in-laws who are very old
and they sometimes don't even let their daughter-in-laws do half the work
what are your thoughts?

btw.. my mother-in-law is 39.

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
My thought is that, like you said it really depends. A mother in law sometimes do really expect her daughter in law to finish chores around the house but I've seen alot of mother in law who likes to help their daighter in law with chores around the house. It just makes the day easier. And it really depends if the mother in law and the daughter in law likes each other becuase I've also seen some mother in law and daughter in law that are really against each other. And it makes life hard for both of them and the son and husband too. And nkaujhmooblauj, do you live in fresno california or Merced california?

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
My thought is that, like you said it really depends. A mother in law sometimes do really expect her daughter in law to finish chores around the house but I've seen alot of mother in law who likes to help their daighter in law with chores around the house. It just makes the day easier. And it really depends if the mother in law and the daughter in law likes each other becuase I've also seen some mother in law and daughter in law that are really against each other. And it makes life hard for both of them and the son and husband too. And nkaujhmooblauj, do you live in fresno california or Merced california?
nope. neither. lol

Shoua, you got married already? Congrats...
do i know you? lol. yes. i'm married now. thanks.

Mae

sarNie Adult
Nope...but we're both always in here... i caught on to your name after a while...

kulyia

RUK
well my mom is in her mid 50s and she tell me to do all the work cause our NYAB is lazy but claims she isnt in others eyes. >.>

Mee_123

sarNie Hatchling
nkaujhmonglauj,
my mother is in her 60s and she still helps maintain the houshold and babysit for my sister-in-laws. She doesn't ask them for much, not even to cook her meals for her...

She's not the demanding type...

gloria

sarNie Juvenile
lol. thank god i dont live with my mil. but my mil is very independent and doesnt need much from me...of course i help when i visit her and she usually asks me to anyways...which is perfectly fine with me given that i dont live with her...she doesnt expect much from me..i think a nyab should know when to help too...whether ur mil tells u to or not....

red_handed

sarNie Egg
lol. thank god i dont live with my mil. but my mil is very independent and doesnt need much from me...of course i help when i visit her and she usually asks me to anyways...which is perfectly fine with me given that i dont live with her...she doesnt expect much from me..i think a nyab should know when to help too...whether ur mil tells u to or not....
MY HUSBAND'S BROTHER'S WIFE IS SO DAMN LAZY!!!
SHE SITS AND WATCHES TV ALL DAY AND DOESN'T DO SHIT AROUND THE HOUSE
THE ONLY TIME SHE WAKES UP IS IF SHE NEEDS TO GO SOMEWHERE
SHE HAS A KID AND DOESN'T BABYSIT HIM THAT MUCH
SHE GOT ANOTHER KID ON THE WAY
BUT EVEN BEFORE SHE WAS PREGNANT
SHE NEVER DID ANYTHING AROUND THE HOUSE ANYWAY
MY FATHER-N-LAW DOES THE COOKING AND SHE SITS HER ASS AND WATCHES TV
OR GOES HIDE IN HER ROOM
WHEN I'M AT SCHOOL OR AT WORK
I DON'T DO IT. BUT SHIT. OTHER THAN THAT.. I'M ALWAYS THE ONE DOING IT
I FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY DAUGHTER-N-LAW IN THE HOUSE.
SHE ENTERED THE FAMILY BEFORE I DID
SO SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER
BUT SHE IS SO LAZY.

mokka

sarNie Adult
i think it depends on the mil... if they are lazy or not... no experience to share, but i noticed my aunts who have daughter-in-laws still help maintains the household to their abilities...

jimmylee12

sarNie Egg
it doesnt matter how old is the mother in-law it all depend on whether she a lazy or not so the answer is no

dolleiwen

sarNie Egg
well some MIL depends on the nyab to do everything in the house.. whereas.. some still would like to help the nyab do chores.. well some younger MIL still do the chores, but the older MIL's like 60-70-80-90... dont cause they think they are too old and might get in the way of the nyab.. so that is why they dont do it.. but i do know a MIL that lets her nyab do everything.. if the nyab dont do it, there is no breakfast, lunch or dinner, i feel really sorry for that.. and the dumbest and worst part is... the MIL comes to our house and brag about how her nyab does everything.. and loves her nyab so much and is so grateful that she has a nyab like that.. the truth is.. the nyab comes to our house as well and tells us that her MIL does nothing and relies on her only to do everything.. omg.. so sad.. sometimes, i think marrying a hmong guy is just marrying yourself away to be a slave, sad but true, if you are not a nyab yet, you dont know what life stress is yet.. peace!

dolleiwen

sarNie Egg
its ok, ppl will never change, wait til they move out to their own home, it will stink more than a bum's raggy clothes..lol

MY HUSBAND'S BROTHER'S WIFE IS SO DAMN LAZY!!!
SHE SITS AND WATCHES TV ALL DAY AND DOESN'T DO SHIT AROUND THE HOUSE
THE ONLY TIME SHE WAKES UP IS IF SHE NEEDS TO GO SOMEWHERE
SHE HAS A KID AND DOESN'T BABYSIT HIM THAT MUCH
SHE GOT ANOTHER KID ON THE WAY
BUT EVEN BEFORE SHE WAS PREGNANT
SHE NEVER DID ANYTHING AROUND THE HOUSE ANYWAY
MY FATHER-N-LAW DOES THE COOKING AND SHE SITS HER ASS AND WATCHES TV
OR GOES HIDE IN HER ROOM
WHEN I'M AT SCHOOL OR AT WORK
I DON'T DO IT. BUT SHIT. OTHER THAN THAT.. I'M ALWAYS THE ONE DOING IT
I FEEL LIKE I'M THE ONLY DAUGHTER-N-LAW IN THE HOUSE.
SHE ENTERED THE FAMILY BEFORE I DID
SO SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER
BUT SHE IS SO LAZY.

SunStar

sarNie Elites
that really depends on the mother-in-law...

four of my sisters are married... and their mother-in-laws are waaaay different...i don't think age has anything to do with it...it's more of personality and personal preferences in how they want to treat their daughter-in-laws....

i guess us hmong ladies can only wish for a good mother-in-law....

anjos

It really depend on the person not the age...
My mom is in her late 60's and she still help my sister in law around the house.
My sister is in her late 40's and she help her daughter in law cook and clean...
Age don't matter is the person.