Most Embarrassing Gift You Ever Received From X-mas

nikki1786

LizQuen
what's your most embarrassing gift you ever received from x-mas...

i remember when i was in 5th grade and i was transferred in a public school. i dont know how to socialize myself with my friends because i still dont know how to speak their language... specifically the Visayan dialect coz my family and even relatives at home speaks Tagalog... since my parents got separated when i was in 1st grade... my mom transfer us in school when i was in 2nd grade then... it took years until i received this embarrassing gift in 5th grade.

i had this "manito" my exchange partner with the gift... his name was Lloyd... we were not close but we were in the same group in some of our projects. during our x-mas presentation and exchanging gifts i was so excited to receive at least a bag, stuff toy or at least a jewelry... since i always receive this kind of things every x-mas when i was in grade school. my friends and classmates who were trying hard to speak "tagalog" with me knew what was Lloyd's gift to me... and they warn me that if there's something wrong about his gift... i just have to understand. so i told my friends that i will open the gift at home so that my family would see what is and so when i got home, as i open the gift and my mom was excited to see...

i freeze for a moment and didnt expect what i received... it was tetra pack of laundry powder and a soap. specifically TIDE ULTRA powder. my brothers tease me and of course i cried, i mean what the hell... i was like "is this what i've got??? a soap and a powder? i can even buy this stuff...". dont get me wrong... Lloyd was not teasing me at all if i was stinky or my clothes are always dirty... of course i didnt talk to him a couple of days after what happen... then one time we were in the same group again for the science project. i was mad at him and even dare him that "why dont we do our science project at your house...", i suggested. he said we cant because its kinda difficult for him... but we end up by agreeing that we will do the project in their house since our members said so.

when the time we went to their house... at first, i thought we were doing a hiking or something... i was still mad not until i realize where he lives. he lives in a mountain and his house was not even 1/4 big as my house... his house was big as dog's cage... a big cage... and it was hut house. me and my members were silent and didnt want to comment anything. as we all know that he has 3 little brothers and he's the oldest... then add his mother and father who were just a farmer. i glance to their house for a couple of times and so many questions running to my mind.

i remember when my mom said... that we were lucky that we can eat three times a day, we didnt even try eating a salt in rice or soy sauce in rice... we eat like there are always 4 dishes in our table... we have this enough money to go to school... we're spoiled and etc... just as my mom telling us how we are living so well and imagine those people who cant sleep at night because they're hungry... or even a house that enough for their family to stay.

after we were done with our project before i went home i apologize to Lloyd and told him if i could visit again... i will bring something. when i got home, i told my mom everything and i understand why i just received some laundry powder and a soap... then i able to understand what other's feelings especially Lloyd. actually, most of my brother's old clothes... i gave it to Lloyd and then i brought him some food. now i know that why lloyd is always absent... because his parents dont have money and sometimes their family get sick a lot.

but of course, i still dont want to receive something like that... a laundry powder and soap... my brothers didnt stop teasing me because of that. i mean they received some stuff toys... but me... nevermind. but this is something i can always remember and i've learn. :)

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
that's why he gave you a laundry soap... :(

the most embarrassing xmas gift I received were panties :loool: I was in 2nd grade back then... I don't know why my classmate gave me undies for xmas... I'm positively sure that I'm wearing undies whenever I go to school... :lol:

ijohn

sarNie Adult
i try not to remember the things i receive for Christmas which is not much... i prefer not to receive nothing but true friendship... i also grew up like your friend Loyd with not much... i was one of ten kids in a poor household but i think i have done well for myself with what my parents gave me, integrity to do the right thing, most the time, lol i still make mistakes,,, but i'm thankful i can help others that were like myself... so i do regret i wanted so much when i was growing up because i wanted to be like everyone else and i'm so glad i'm not---lol... gosh i remember i felt so embarrassed because i was so poor but today i feel embarrassed if someone gives me anything because i've learned to live without unless i personally can afford it myself... someday i may be without but it will be my choice... Christmas is just a day on the calendar for me to be forgiven for all the stupid things i do the rest of the year and i do like the music and a nice silent night---lol--- i do want something this year but i guess it has to come from above---lol

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
i was in college and this christmas all my family went to lille except me because i didn't want it. my best friends came hom with a very big gift, i was something like "omg, that's so big!!!" when i opened it, it was... toilet tissues! a lot of toilet tissues. i was lost and asked "what is it?" and they said "we give our friendship"

Hiatus

Super Momo
didnt received but i gave it to my uncle he's greedy so my dad mom and me gave him a hundred $$ in pennies and wrote on the xmas card we made sure that there wouldnt be any single pennies missing lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
didnt received but i gave it to my uncle he's greedy so my dad mom and me gave him a hundred $$ in pennies and wrote on the xmas card we made sure that there wouldnt be any single pennies missing lol
$100 in pennies. Are you serious? :loool:

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
i got given a small box i opened it and there was a condom and a note sayin keep safe my dude friend sent this to all his friends in ma skool 555 i was so close to my mom seeing it too!!!

noungning

Heartless
aw nikki. that's a very touching story it made me feel human for 2 seconds, that's why we need to have more consideration in life... but it tends not to happen because human nature is being selfish.

most embarrassing thing? some friend gave me some ugly thong. sick. something i'd not like from a friend... thank u very much! <_<

funniest thing i gave to someone...? my aunt had problems with her calculator one time when she was calculating something... she said the buttons were too small he fingers with her long nails had a hard time punching in the keys... so i bought her a gigantic calculator lmao it was the size of a big book hahahahah it was hilarious when she opened it! :lol: she thought i was some kinda of big picture frame or something.

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
that's sad... :( i felt bad for him...

my most embarrassing xmas gift would probably be the one given by my muslim classmate in 6th grade. she was my kris kringle but as we all know, they don't have x'mas so she just gave me a 2nd hand small photo album with her picture in it. she said her mom won't give her money to buy a gift and that was all she could give me. that was also the time of their ramadan.

i felt very uncomfortable with it.