Most common last name in China, Xiong

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
here is website about xiongsta.....if u are xiong check this out.....its really cool.....

Origin of Xiong*, Hong*, Hung*
Famous People in History

The 68th most common last name in China. There are two main origins to this last name. 1) The ancient king Huang Di made You Xiong his capital (Xinzheng in Henan). The people who lived there took Xiong as their last name. 2) There was an old man called Zhou Xiong, who was a descendent of Huang Di. Zhou Xiong was the teacher of Zhou Wen Wang (father of Zhou Wu Wang). His great grandson, Xiong Yi was made the duke of Chu (west of Hubei). Chu became a powerful kingdom during Zhan Guo, together with Qin, Qi, Zhao, and Wei. In 223 B.C. Chu was brought to an end by Qin, and its noble family began to bear the last name Xiong. (Xiong means bears).

Hometown: Jiangling in Hebei Province.
Qin Dynasty- Xiong Xin (king of Chu)

Han Dynasty- Xiong Qiao (general)

Jin Dynasty- Xiong Yuan (judge)

Ming Dynasty- Xiong Tingbo (general), Xiong Wenxian (judge

ddawbb

sarNie Adult
***Sigh... if that were true- then maybe I would be part of the noble family too... but thanks for the information. :)

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
well i am a xiong too...i never knew this untill the 19th....

FrozenPearl

sarNie Egg
babe_girl said:
here is website about xiongsta.....if u are xiong check this out.....its really cool.....
Famous People in History

The 68th most common last name in China. There are two main origins to this last name. 1) The ancient king Huang Di made You Xiong his capital (Xinzheng in Henan). The people who lived there took Xiong as their last name. 2) There was an old man called Zhou Xiong, who was a descendent of Huang Di. Zhou Xiong was the teacher of Zhou Wen Wang (father of Zhou Wu Wang). His great grandson, Xiong Yi was made the duke of Chu (west of Hubei). Chu became a powerful kingdom during Zhan Guo, together with Qin, Qi, Zhao, and Wei. In 223 B.C. Chu was brought to an end by Qin, and its noble family began to bear the last name Xiong. (Xiong means bears).

[post="58581"][/post]​

"Xiong means bears" NO wonder why we are called Xyooj dais. Now I can see why some people called us Xiong like that.
Yeah....back in those years China. Our Xiong was the leader. Then comes to Laos, the leader are Lor as Lor Kia Toom, Lee...., Vang as General Vang Pao. The next after General Vang Pao who would it's be? I meant the last name of our people, Hmong Tsab, hmoob Hawj, hmoob Khab, hmoob lis, hmoob lauj, hmoob muas, hmoob thoj, hmoob vaj, hmoob vwj, hmoob xyooj, and hmoob yaj (there's others last name too but i only name the famous one).

miss_kayomee

sarNie Egg
wow! i'm a xiong but i never knew that about my last name. too bad i'm not of noble blood, i would love to get my blood tested and find out where i came from.

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult

Famous People in History

what about lee? i know the other kind..it starts like this "li"
but i guess they're not famous lol...

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile

Famous People in History

I'm not sure how legit the website is but from the same website that you found, if you're YANG, you're the sixth most common last name! :) Yes, had to check it out since I'm a Yang :)

Origin of Yang*, Young*, Yeung*, Yeo*, Yong*

The 6th most common last name in China. Yangs are the descendents of the Xi Zhou Dynasty. The third son of Zhou Wu Wang, Tang Shu Yu was awarded the land of Jin. His descent Jin Wu Gong was awarded the Yang city (Hong Dong of Shanxi Province) and bore the last name of Yang and Yang She (Goat Tongue). Around 514 B.C., a rebellion took place, both the Yangs and the Yang She’s were persecuted. They migrated south to Hong Nong Hua Yin. About 90% of famous Yangs in the history came from Hong Nong Hua Yin. (Yang means willow).

Hometown: South of Ling Pao in HeNan Province.

And Hmong LEE, you are 2nd!!! :)

Origin of Li*, Lee*, Yi* (Korean), Ly* (Vietnamese)

The 2nd most common last name in China. The origin of the Li last name was quite complicated, having to do with the official title and tree name. There was a descendent of Shao Hao known as Ben Tao, who was an official of the Justice Department. Ben Tao was given the title of Da Li (Li which has the same pronouncement as the last name Li, means reasoning, and justice). According to the legend, Ben Tao has an unicorn which could distinguish criminals from innocent people. When brought in front of a lineup, the unicorn would point to the guilty party with its horn. Bens descendents held the office of justice for generations from Xia to Shang Dynasty, and was known as the Lis (justice). At the end of Shang Dynasty, Li Zheng was executed by Zhou Wang for making a bad judgment. His wife and son Li Zhen escaped to ruins of Yi Hou. They found a lot of pear trees which helped them to escape starvation. To commemorate this, they change their last name from the Li of justice to the Li of pear. During the Tang Dynasty, many people (including Xu, Bing, Dong, An, Ge, Du, Wu, Ma, Zhang, and Hong) were give the name of Li for their contributions in establishing the Tang Dynasty, and Li became a big family.

Hometown: Lan Zhou, Gong Chang, and Qin Zhou of Gan Su Province.

Source http://www.yutopian.net