moneyorder

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
I have never used moneyorder before and I received one about 4 months ago. I took it to washington mutual to cash it but they told me that I need an account and I do have one but I cancel it 3 months earlier becuase I was unemployed. So, today I called the phone number on the moneyorder and talk to one of their employee but she told me that i will need to have the original receipt in order to get my money back, and I told her that the moneyorder was sent to me from the purchaser but she just kept telling me that I will need the receipt? So does anyone have an idea to help me with this?

I usually cash money orders using my bank account. Has it expired? Maybe you can ask a family member to deposit the MO into their acct? When it clears, ask if they can take the money out for you. Other than that, I think there are some places around where you can cash money orders in your area. It's just that they take a certain percentage.

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Wait, don't you just sign the back and cash it like you would a normal check?
I've used money orders for purchases but I've never been the recipient of one.

The lady probably thinks you've sent a money order to someone but then changed
your mind and you want to refund it to get your money back. Aiyah.

Follow 7270. I think that's best. ^o^

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Wait, don't you just sign the back and cash it like you would a normal check?
I've used money orders for purchases but I've never been the recipient of one.

The lady probably thinks you've sent a money order to someone but then changed
your mind and you want to refund it to get your money back. Aiyah.
Yes it is like a check you sign it and just cash it...but the thing is that Vankim went to Washintong Mutual to try to cash it but doesn't have an account with them..so they don't provide services to you such as cashing checks and whatsoever unless you have an account with them.

noungning

Heartless
ok, cashing checks 101 lol...

if a check is drawn on a certain bank (can see their name up top right before check #s)... if u bring the check to that bank, they have to cash it for u because it's drawn on them... however, there are certain conditions, i.e. the amount summing up to more than $2,500 for some banks, if the person who wrote the check is brokeass, or the check is a fake after they checked the sigs... also, bank of america... they now charge anyone who cashes a check with them $6 if you don't have an account with them, even if the check is drawn on them! scum bags lol

if the check is from an unknown bank, non domestic banks, foreign banks (sometimes they reject it overall)... u can't cash it if u don't have an account from them...because what happens is they take that amount of money u cash out and place a hold in ur account for that amount. so lets say ur check is bad, they'd just take it from your account. this is why tellers ask, do u have enough money in ur account? or tell u sorry, i can't cash the check because u don't have enough money to cover the check... u have to deposit or just take whatever amount u have in ur account.

so what the # guy said is correct, ask someone in ur family that has an account to deposit it into their account... wait for it to clear... some are just 1 day, some can take 2-3 days depending on bank. or u can go to some mini mart that cashes checks for u for a small fee lol.