Minneapolis police: A mistake, an apology and then medals

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
why are they honoring the policemen for? Doesnt' make sense at all. I would be mad too if they raid by mistake. Thanks for sharing!

ouaher

sarNie Egg
I heard about this incident, but I did not know that the officers were being award. I don't know the whole story but I also don't understand why the officer were being awarded :huh: . It said that they were being awarded for being brave. According to the story I heard, I don't see anything the officers did to contribute to bravery. I mean what if one of the family member was shot and kill by the bullets of the officers. Did they even consider their action before the awards were held. Honestly, I take it as an insult . In my opinion, what ever they do, award is being given; but for us we will always face negative consequences whether our actions are right or wrong. The award should not be given out. I think it takes more than that to show bravery.

debbieyanglove

sarNie Hatchling
THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY AWARDS..
THAT IS JUST WRONG. DID THEY NOT DO THE RESEARCH BEFORE ENTERING
OR PLANNING???!!!
WHY IS THERE AWARDS???
IT WASN'T ANYTHING AT ALL..RAIDING THE WRONG PERSON'S HOUSE.
I DON'T KNOW THAT YOU CAN GET AN AWARD BY DOING SO..
THEY ARE BRAVE BUT IN THIS CASE IT IS JUST WRONG.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
wtf is that piece of shiet.. recieving awards .. dumb.. there was this one time that the freaken cops entered our home with freaken dogs and guns .. they didn't even have no fucken warrant too .. They just freaken called us out in the middle of the night and searched our house.. They accused us of stealing a car.. gay-ass.. stupid losers.. we bought the car at the shop and the car was reported like a week or two afterwards.. bitch man.. i'm still pissed about that day.. dumb fuck.. argh.. we still know wat is right from wrong dumbasses.. sheesh.. they're just lucky we didn't o shiet to them.. argh.. and those cops in minnepolis are just plain retarded.. getting awards.. wtf is that.. shoot..

p.s. sorry for my rudeness..

mly

sarNie Hatchling
it's a bunch of bolony. i want to know who were "the Hmong community leaders in north Minneapolis" that Dolan spoke to? if he did speak to the understanding hcl, why did they (hcl) not explain it to the khangs? if the cops killed someone in the family, they would say it was a mistake and they only shot at them because they were being shot at. "it's a procedure they have to follow, self-defense."

if the awards was given because they were truely brave men, then may God bless them and protect them when they are on duty. but if it was just to spite the khang family and the hmong community, then may God punish them and anyone involved according to their sins.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
That's a bunch of crap, what the hell?!
"Preforming bravely" my ass. They couldn've killed someone!
It was more like reckless behavior and judgement.

I think the police department should've paid for the damages and taken care of the therapy bill.
ASSholes. <_< I think they were just trigger happy.

skies

sarNie Adult
reward my ash!! i don't see how they could've received those bogus awards when all they did was rampaged a house full of innocent people...an apology??? what the fcuk is that??? seriously, anyone would've been freaked out to have a bunch of "officers" come in and suddenly almost in the act of shooting....and all they got was a stupid apology??? and reward for the officers??? seriously, i'm taking an ethnic class and come to realize how unfair this world is...and something like this just can't escape me now....i really don't see any bravery in those officers...no one was shot...and they're the ones armed....and i agree with someone up there who mentioned it's more of an insult to the family and hmong community i would say....an ignorant act like this took no time at all to reward those officers, yet it took almost years to honor those who actually did something brave....

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
That's bullshit!
The family should have gotten at least SOME compensation.
Oh yeah medals for being "in the line of duty" but yeah line of duty my ass.
THEY WERE MISTAKEN.
What dumbasses.
And they were supposingly SWAT teams or whatever?
Bullshit.

Sorry for my language but this story is just so RIDICULOUS!!

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
remember even if it was the wrong house and if the swats killed him on accidental...no trouble wouldn't be coming to the swat but if the hmong man shot and killed one of the swats he would served life in prison.

klee410

sarNie Egg
They should've never gotten awards. They should've checked their facts before just launching into someone's house. People nowadays need to get their facts straight. It's true so the swats get an award, and this family gets just an apology they deserve more then just an apology because this will effect their whole life especially the kids.

dancy

sarNie Oldmaid
mysuper_girlfriend Posted Today, 02:20 PM
remember even if it was the wrong house and if the swats killed him on accidental...no trouble wouldn't be coming to the swat but if the hmong man shot and killed one of the swats he would served life in prison.
What you said is so truth.

They should never have giving an award out at all.

Alhambra1

sarNie Juvenile
Is this for real? Are they really being honor as being "bravery?" Did the family sue the city? I would if I was the family, they have every right to sue. How funny, an award for being stupid.

nothinghill

sarNie Egg
Is this for real? Are they really being honor as being "bravery?" Did the family sue the city? I would if I was the family, they have every right to sue. How funny, an award for being stupid.

I AGREED! THE FAMILY SHOUD SUE THE DEPARTMENT, FOR MONEY (FOR THE THEN 6 YR OLD SON, WHO HAS BEEN RECEIVING THERAPY....AND FOR THE LOSS PLUS NIGHTMARES THAT THE FAMILY IS GOING THROUGH) AND TO TAKE THE AWARD/REWARD AWAY FROM THE DUMBA*SS "SWAT TEAM."

PERSONALLY, I WOULD SUE!!! GET BACK AT THEM!

cecilia

Staff member
seriously, i would be piss off too.
good thing is that there was no mistake,
imagine the children getting shot or one of the family member got shot.
i don't know how they agree to award them ..

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
okay.. I'm tooo upset to even say anything!!!

Here's an award for almost killing an innocent family and damaging a young child! Woopeedoo!

Only in America.. land of the free.

Oh.. and this remind me off the recent news where the Canadian man was stabbed and decapitated in front of other greyhound passengers. Later on the police praised the passengers for being extraordinaryly calm and brave. Uhh...... if they were so extraordinary, then that man would have been saved from the attacker. Why didn't anyone help him?? It would have been a crowd against one man with a knife..(there were about 37 passengers) not a gun, a knife!! But they were too "extraordinary" to do anything.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/08/...ref=mpstoryview