Metabolife

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Anyone ever taken Metabolife? If so tell me about your experiences and if you have lost any weight w/ it? I'm considering on taking either this or the Alli Pills.

Iya

sarNie Adult
i've never tried metabolife and would never recommend it along with any weight loss supplement. it's never good for your health and will cause a long term health problem in the future. the most effective way would be to excercise.

:D Good luck.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
P90x
Insanity
RevAbs

I went from 172 to 152 lbs in almost two months. My body fat is currently 19% which I plan on dropping it down even more. My regime is a simple one. Thirty to forty minutes of moderate exercise and eating healthier. It is a life style change and not a diet for me. I don't eat fast food anymore except Subway and I don't drink soda at all. Water and green tea are good for the body and soul. :)

I would not take those weight-loss supplements, or engage in those extreme detox diets. One, they aren't healthy for you -- long term wise. Secondly, once you go off them, you'll just resort back to old eating habits and gain even more weight than before. The only true way to lose weight for good is to analyze your eating habits and to use willpower to restrain yourself from over-eating or eating unhealthy foods. If you're a constant snacker, I recommend substituting the bag of cookies or so with a piece of gum and some green tea (which come in amazing flavors, especially from Lupicia Teas).

Kina

Dubsteppin'
Agreed.

I know that it sounds like it will do the job - burn fat, and I'm sure there are those out there who has taken them with success. However, I recommend, just like everyone else here, NOT to take them. For short and long term, it is bad for your liver and kidneys. Your body can naturally burn fat the way it is designed to do for ages and ages, the traditional way:

Change of diet PLUS exercise. It is a lifestyle change in which you have to accommodate to.

I don't know how much you weigh and don't know if you're comfortable in disclosing that.

A high fiber diet is ideal for everyone (unless you suffer for colon problems or any gastrointestinal problems).

Water water water!!!! 8 glasses a day! Ditch those sodas and flavored water and drinks. More veggies and fruits!!!! White meat and especially fish. Lessen your red meat intake!!! Eat small portions and in small quantities, don't over indulge. Eat slow to allow for digestion. DO NOT drink water in between eating. Drink a glass of water 15-30 min after you eat. Your food needs to settle first. Tea is GOOD! Drink it when you have time, better in mornings because it contains caffeine, but not as much as coffee.

As for exercise, to lose weight, you have to do it 60 or more minutes a day, and then 30-60 min a day to maintain. The best is to run. Get on that treadmill! Running sheds OVERALL body fat! It's the best way and gets your heart pumping.

Trust me, if you just make a diet change correlating with physical activity, you will lose weight and be healthy.

P.S. I am a nurse ^_^
Any questions, feel free to ask.

anan

sarNie Adult
What excerise are best for losing belly fat?
the classic one is simply : abdominal exercise:

then the easy one: try to lift ur feet 10cm above the ground, and keep that position for 10-15sec... then relax,,, repeat again for 5min :p

Finally my 2 favourite abs killer exercises after my morning running in the public park : the fitness trail :p

* Reverse abs :

i don't know how it's called this last one,,, but it's hella hard when i tried it for the first time :p lol

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Hey thanks for the tip you guys. It's just that since high school i've gained alot of weight. I weighted 135 in high school and now i'm 160. I hate the way I look but then agian I hate exercising too. But man I'm trying, I will usually work out for a week and then start getting lazy.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
Hey thanks for the tip you guys. It's just that since high school i've gained alot of weight. I weighted 135 in high school and now i'm 160. I hate the way I look but then agian I hate exercising too. But man I'm trying, I will usually work out for a week and then start getting lazy.
Motivation and dedication is the second step to the idea and planning of losing weight/eating healthy. After this step is to implement your plan and accept it. Accept the change in lifestyle, and let others know what you're doing.

If you are just getting back on working out, go lightly. Like I said, start doing light cardio. Run about 30 min a day, 3-5 times a week. You can run at an interval of 5 or 10 min until it equals 30. And gradually increase the time each week or so.

High fiber, low fat, low carb diet!

I used to find it hard to decipher what Thai foods to eat that is considered healthy and would be an alternative in comparison to American diet. Learn to recognize what you're eating.

I don't mean to ramble on, but I find it interesting - health, I mean. What the body can do and whatnot.

Feel free to ask anything else.

CTR

The Realist guy here period

I was the same way. As you work out, your muscle begin to remember those exercises and it becomes easier. You need muscle confusion. Mixing up your workout so that it is challenging for you. And lastly, you have to dig deep inside your soul. As I have gotten stronger, my body cannot wait to work out because it is a routine for me now. You don't need to work or run for a hour plus to get the result. Doing max interval training and letting your muscle get confused has been great for me. With traditional workout, you work out at your max for a little bit and rest a lot but max interval training is the opposite. You can burn up to a 1,000 cal. a workout. The instructors tell you to go at your own pace but they will push you to do your best.

I eat about 3 meals a day (yes they are meals) and two snacks in between. This is the most fit I have ever been. Google those three programs in my first post. I got the first two for free and buy the last one.

P.S. Amira is right on everything. However, I'm on a 2,500 cal diet due to my workout regiment. For me, low fat, high protein, fiber, and some carbs cause I need it for energy.

flowersphere

sarNie Egg
I eat about 3 meals a day (yes they are meals) and two snacks in between. This is the most fit I have ever been. Google those three programs in my first post. I got the first two for free and buy the last one.

How did you get the first two for free? Since you try three, which one works more/actually work?