Meas Soksophea & York Thit Rota

SokLaHote

sarNie Adult
To start off, I apologize if their names are spelled incorrectly. The thing is I love these two girls. They make me love Khemer music even more. So I was out buying CD's and came across several with thier pictures on it so I bought two. The CD covers and the CD itself have thier pictures on it. I can't read Khemer at all so I don't really know that they're not even on the cd until I played it. I told the lady selling it that I like those two singers and she did not say one word to me that they're not on it. Only thing she said it that it's a new release. Ahh! I wouldn't mind so much if the songs were any good, but it sucked.

To their fans out there, I would like to know who they usually sing for? For example RHM or what? I really love to know so I can have a better luck buying the right ones next time. Also, I'd like to know where I can get their CD's or Karaoke in the Stockton CA area. I'd appreciate any recommondations also. Thanx :wacko:

russe

sarNie Adult
these two girls doesn't sing for RHM at all. Meas Soksophea sing for U2/CLE, VIP, SM, New World , and a few other company. York Thit Rota sing fro SSB, VIP, SM, and a few other more.

lorrin

sarNie Egg
I'm a fan of these two singers also. I like York Tet Ratha ever since she came out and stuff like this happens to me too. Like I remembered I bought a dvd of Kh promotion and her picture was on the cover.. like it was obvious that they were trying to attract her fans to buy it and when i watched it.. she only had one song! and its not like her song was a hit song..(every dvd production have to have like 2 or 3 good songs and the rest so so) so yea i was pissed off. SSb does that sometimes too.
But I think I saw a cd with those two singers on the cover but the production was something i never heard of b4 and i was like.. eh i don't trust new labels anymore so I didn't buy it. You should learn how to recognize their names in khmer so next time you'll know if their songs are on it and how much songs.

Samwhy

sarNie Hatchling
Even though if you can't read in khmer, it would be helpful to remember and memorize the spelling of the names of your favorite artists (like lorrin mentioned.) That's what I usually do when I buy Khmer CDs/DVDs, I usually look at the back cover of songlist and try to find the names of my favorite artists and see how many songs with them in it.

As for the stores to buy CDs/DVDs in Stockton, I was there a couple years ago. But I don't remember the name. I know its on N. EL Dorado St. right next to the jewelery store and the asian market. They got a lot of DVDs there.

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
Here's some store listings that carry DVD/CD Movies etc

Mina's Video ( on Rosemarie by Angkor Restuarant)
4Star?? I think that's their name by Superking

Those are the only 2 that I know that carry ALOT of DVDs and CD.. the other video store does it too but I don't see much (or at least what I notice, I might be wrong though)

Also, I'd like to know where I can get their CD's or Karaoke in the Stockton CA area. I'd appreciate any recommondations also. Thanx :wacko:

SokLaHote

sarNie Adult
Thank U all for the replies. It helped me out alot. I took Samwhy's advice and I learned to recognize their names and I made sure to check out how many tracks they actually sing. I also just went ahead and asked the store owner to read it for me. Thank you!

untinnu

sarNie Adult
New Camboidan Market also carries alot of DVDs and CDs..i think it's next to Mervyns'..