`my dragon's blood is blue`

cr: asianwiki

Title: The Scholar Who Walks The Night / 밤을 걷는 선비 / Bameul Geotneun Sunbi
Genre: Historical, Period, Supernatural, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Romance, Horror
Episodes: 20
Broadcast Network: MBC
Broadcast Period: July 8th, 2015 - September 10th, 2015
Air Time: Weds-Thurs 21:55 KST

Synopsis: "Jo Yang Sun (Lee Yoo Bi) is the daughter of a nobleman who loses everything after he is wrongfully charged with a crime. In order to help support her fallen family, Yang Sun dresses as a man in order to sell books at the market. One night, she meets a handsome scholar, Kim Sung Yeol (Lee Joon Gi), who also happens to be a vampire. Can Yang Sun help Sung Yeol stop a more sinister vampire within the palace from overthrowing the throne?" - cr: Viki

x0unerthanlater

Episode 1 was a good introduction. Not interesting at first but It gets better towards the second half of the episode. Episode 2 should be a lot more interesting because it's when everything will start.

This is my 2nd vampire genre kdrama. I like the basis of this so far. I think they are going for the traditional vampire theme. No sun, smells blood = instantly crazy. Transitions from human to vampire by biting but not killing the person etc.... What I'm confused about is the fact that they showed Sung Yeol's skin burning when he first woke up and put his hand in the sun. But then he goes outside to the market and he's not burning?  :scratchchin: Maybe it has to do with the black robe?

p.s. Lee Yoon Bi is the girl from Pinocchio. She was the one who kept thinking that the main guy was attracted to her, Lol

x0unerthanlater

Episode 2, as predicted was really good! Ahhhh! Sung Yeol bite meeeee! lolol When he was pretending to be intimate with Yang Sun it was getting a little heated  :spicy: lol

Can't wait for more! I should have watched this after it was completed airing. I was a little on the fence about starting it but... now, I'm glad I gave it a chance.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I'm just happy to see Jun Ki back on screen.  He's such a great actor.  When he was bitten and on the floor.. BRAVO!!!!  His acting was so top-notched and real, as if he was going through all the pain in real life.

Watching only episode one so far, I admit that it was a bit confusing.  I know that the intro is there to make sure you're aware of how everything came to be but... it was confusing in some aspects.. Maybe I didn't like the flow of how they were doing the intro? like for the vampire's story... hmmm.. then again it can just be me.

I must say that yeah, the second half was much more interesting once the story picked up.  You gotta pity Jun Ki's character though.... *sniffsniff*

x0unerthanlater

Omg, yes when he was turning he did a wonderful job showing his transition. I was looking at his eyes bulging and his veins popping. Very good scene. 

Episode 1 was definitely confusing. I didn't pay much attention but enough to know how/why Gwi is involved in the kingdom.

I felt sad for Sung Yeol because Myung Hee had to die for him to survive.... geez imagine living with that on your conscience for the rest of your life.

Cheeraka

sarNie Juvenile
I am watching this one also, because of Kim so eun.
It would be sad to see they didn't get together and she was ith Gwi also, and for her to see him with the other actess.
Wonder f they will se each other again though and do he kno she is alive. aslo I have just watch ep.1.

x0unerthanlater

Episode 2 is better than 1. It should explain a lot more about Sung Yeol's mission. The preview for episode 3 shows Myung Hee, but is it Sung Yeol's Myung Hee or a reincarnate? We will find out.

x0unerthanlater

I am enjoying this a lot. I like the slow romance that's budding between Sung Yeol & Yang Sun. The scene in episode 4 when Sung Yeol pins Yang Sun down and sniffs her was oozing hot! xD

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Has anyone read the manhwa? Care to share any spoilers? I'm weary of Korean dramas lately. They haven't been all that great. I usually get disappointed by Episode 5 because the juice runs out by then. So still deciding whether I should continue this or not. Don't want to get my hopes up too high.

x0unerthanlater

It's been hard to finished a kdrama these days for me too. I literally have a ton where I've never watched the finales of. Lol

Fated To Love You (last 2 episodes)
It's Okay It's Love (last 3-4 episodes)
Blood (last 3 episodes)
Heart To Heart (last episode)
My Lovable Girl (last 4 episodes)
Pride and Prejudice (stopped at episode 6)

A few more but these were the most recent shows I just couldn't bring myself to finish lol I watch 90% of it and then stop. They got SO boring.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Same here but I usually give up at Episode 3 or 4.

I never got into My Love, Eun Dong, even though a lot of people raved about it.

I really like this one due to Lee Yoo Bi's cuteness but I don't want to be devastated by its poorly written storyline later on like The Gu Family Book and Arang and the Magistrate.

x0unerthanlater

They were all so good up until the 10th episode though. They kept me wanting more and then it drops right after that mark. I don't know what it is.

I sure hope this one is good all the way through. It's not the best script (right off the bat you'll notice that) but as long as it stays decent, I'll watch to the end.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Yeah, you're right. The tenth episode is usually the mark that almost all Korean dramas fall flat.

I think it's because Korean dramas are fast paced without a lot of nonsense like Thai lakorns, so by the time the tenth episode rolls around, there's not much to elaborate on anymore. Lol

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Oh, and they usually only focus on one pair so there's not much room to continue building. They need a few couples and equally sharing screentime too.

Cheeraka

sarNie Juvenile
Gosh, the story is so confusing and complet for me, they left so many quesstions unsaid, I understand that it's only 4 eps but gosh I am getting bored of the lustful student things..

I wonder if Myung Hee is still Myung Hee.
It look like she don't remember him but in my opinion she looked angry with him like she know him or something and she also hide from Gwi that she hasn't meet someone who call her by Myung Hee yet.
Wonder who is Hye Ryeong, if she is Myung Hee with a different name or a completely someone else that only share the same face with Myung Hee.
OMg, so many quesstions!!!

So the secret plan to detroy Gwi is a human??? I guess it's the actress or that lustful student..

Hope the story pick up and have more of Gwi and Kim so eun on the light too.