[MBC] Hotel King

cecilia

Staff member
32 episodes .. Forget it lol
I didn't finish Empress Ki so I don't think I can on this one too lol
In fact, I haven't have time to start it yet -- but my, LDW is so hot looking in here .. 
He reminds me of his character in 'SCENT OF A WOMAN' :wub:

fun

Expired Sarnie
32 episodes? Okay I didn't pay attention to that when I started this. 

I have been putting off with what I am going to say because this drama is quite shaky. It has that interest factor but the slow pace is killing me. I guess that explain why this will have 32 episode. 

This has a May Queen vibe and that means this is going to be a complete mess. I just don't know how CJW will fall for AMN knowing that he believes she is his half sister. I hope they don't prolong that and start developing the romance part.  

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
It's amazing how synchronized my sister and me sigh whenever Seulong/Woohyun appears. I didn't think he'd have such an important amount of screen time lol but oh well! 

At first I really thought that Ah Mo Ne gave up and ran away but then she appeared on that party completely changed and all ready to fight on, stronger than ever, you go girl! I hate how Jayden is being framed as the one who tried to kill Ah Mo Ne on the pool, and how instead of focusing on that evil old Joong Goo ,she's targeting Jayden :( 
I mean Jayden is merely a puppet of JoongGoo.

I feel like this is so slow, we're only on the 4th episode, what a long way to go. He still thinks they are siblings  :rant:  and he wants to declare to the whole world that he's his son without PROOFS? i mean hello! you at least need a DNA test. 

JoongGoo is such a monster, the flashbacks they showed on how he treated Jayden break my heart, poor kid has been maltreated and manipulated his whole life! 

Also, i so didn't expect the ending of ep 4, that hug was totally unexpected! he must feel so lost rn  :cry:

Reactions: fun

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Seems like 32 episodes is a turn off. Haha. I've never watched a KDrama past 25 episodes.

Yeah isn't it a little disturbing for them to fall in love when at this point he REALLY BELIEVES they're siblings? I feel awkward. Haha. 

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
^it's too early for any romance development, and for now I sense none.(we r only on the 4th ep,  there is like 28 more eps lol) I just hope that misunderstanding will be cleared out soon. I really don't want Jayden to still look at her as his half sister anymore ._. 
I'm not really turned off by the 32 eps, I guess it's because I usually watch family dramas and those are around 40~50 eps. As long as it doesn't get too messed up or too draggy; I'm totally fine with it

fun

Expired Sarnie
I know it is too early to start the romance but I don't like the idea of prolonging "his" misunderstanding. I am just baffled that JW is consider to be very detail oriented and smart but why he is giving me the vibe of stupidity LOL Seriously he didn't even double check if Chairman Ah is actually his father.  

I wish there was a better second male lead. Seulong is adorable (I am a 2AM fan) but acting isn't his flare more like he's not the melodrama genre type of guy. There is like no competition between JW and WH (Lee Dong Wook and Seulong). 

Anyways I will still keep going forward with this drama for the reunion of LDW and LDH.

How I sometimes wish Korean and Thai would be more open to making love on screen like the Taiwanese =) I need a scene of chilling loving making in a kdrama!!! 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
queenyeon said:
^it's too early for any romance development, and for now I sense none.(we r only on the 4th ep,  there is like 28 more eps lol) I just hope that misunderstanding will be cleared out soon. I really don't want Jayden to still look at her as his half sister anymore ._. 
I'm not really turned off by the 32 eps, I guess it's because I usually watch family dramas and those are around 40~50 eps. As long as it doesn't get too messed up or too draggy; I'm totally fine with it

That's true, but I still feel a little awkward. Kind of like That Winter, the Wind Blows (I haven't seen it, but heard about it), JIS kissed SHK during the time SHK thought or believed JIS was her bro. Isn't that kind of...disgusting?? We do still have a long way to go, but hopefully they don't drag it all the way to the middle. 

fun said:
I know it is too early to start the romance but I don't like the idea of prolonging "his" misunderstanding. I am just baffled that JW is consider to be very detail oriented and smart but why he is giving me the vibe of stupidity LOL Seriously he didn't even double check if Chairman Ah is actually his father.  

I wish there was a better second male lead. Seulong is adorable (I am a 2AM fan) but acting isn't his flare more like he's not the melodrama genre type of guy. There is like no competition between JW and WH (Lee Dong Wook and Seulong). 

Anyways I will still keep going forward with this drama for the reunion of LDW and LDH.

How I sometimes wish Korean and Thai would be more open to making love on screen like the Taiwanese =) I need a scene of chilling loving making in a kdrama!!! 

Yeah, he is kind of dumb for not double checking who is real father is. Haha. But then the fact that the Chairman knew his mom kind of made him believe even more that he is the Chariman's son. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
This drama is insane. I am dying to know who is behind this all. Seems like President Lee is but it seems as if there is more than one person who wants Mo Ne dead. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I would say the mystery is what keeps this interesting. It is still slow though. If I had to compare the two weekend kdramas I am watching, Angel Eyes is better.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I applaud the writer for all the cliff hangers at the end of each episode. Just when you feel that it is dragging and boring, it leaves you at the end wanting more. I just hope next week they pick up the pace a little or at least not give us more questions. I need some answers or at least some clues. I am still praying that this does not take a May Queen path. That drama was really good but middle and ending was a big slap in the face like sucker-I-just-screw-you-over. 

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
^ hearing this makes me glad i gave up on may queen once the adults took over lol i was just too attached to the kids, the drama felt dull once they grew up

still haven't caught up this weekend eps...I'll prob do it tomorrow

fun

Expired Sarnie
You're lucky you didn't finish May Queen. My aunt had me go out drinking after that drama was over. She is furious that she spent 30 something hours of her life on a stupid drama. I skipped here and there. There were a lot of complaints as I remember reading from Soompi lol the discussion there was a lot more entertaining than the drama.

I guess this drama is not getting as much love as My Girl days. But I still have hope. I just need HK to pick up their pace. 

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Whootwhoot; Jae Wan is warming up to Ah Mo Ne's presences and he cares for her safety and well being. Nice to know he'll rather let her live than have her die like how their* father did. I'm wandering how Jae Wan will discover the truth that the chairman is not his father and that Ah Mo Ne isn't his sister at all. How is his feelings for her going to change throughout the episodes when he finds that out and how will their love story develop? I totally agree with you FUN; The mystery is what's keeping Hotel King interesting. There are so many questions that comes to mind when I am watching HK. Hrmm so Jae Wan's mother is who the evil Joong Goo loved right? And JW is supposedly the late-chairmain's son? What if he is actually the real son of the late chairman and Ah Mo Ne isn't his real daughter? lol I think I am confusing myself even more with the twists. Plus I love the cliff hangers too. It leaves me kicking my covers off because I want more lol  

Reactions: fun

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Wow, I wanted to start this when it gets to like 10 eps.. thinking it was typical 16 eps... but 32?! WHAT?... I should start now, or else I'll lose interest in it completely. I don't mind 32 eps. Heck, I watched Empress Ki and it's 51 eps. (this is the finale week btw)... If it's good enough 32 is nothing. I'm just afraid it will be draggy. I really want to watch it for my booboo LDW though. He looks so ridiculously hot. hrmmm decisions decisions...

fun

Expired Sarnie
You might really want to wait until it has aired at least 10-12 episode before you start. Like I have said, it is moving along almost at 0. The suspense might just kill you if you start now. I am literally here dying to know the mystery. There are quite a few characters that are not necessary and it is what makes this drama so overly boring at times.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
can i just say how impressed i am with Lee Da hae here? Her crying scene are so effin flawless! How can she manage to look so perfect while crying and sobbing is beyond me tbh 

The last scene of episode 6 cut my heart. IT WAS ABOUT TIME she wakes up! //lee dong wook is so swoon worthy :woot:

fun

Expired Sarnie
When Lee Da Hae cries, she goes all out. It is very heartbreaking. Seems like the weekend is taking longer to come by this week since I no longer have CSL to occupy my Wed-Thurs time slot.

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
Same. I need a kdrama romcom. every slot is taken by melos/actions etc etc there doesn't seem to be one light-hearted kdrama out there