[MBC] Come! Jang Bo Ri

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
fun said:
I kind of dislike Bo Ri. I hate candy heroine who allows other to beat them up if they upset their older siblings. That mother can dig a whole and die, she couldn't even tame her wild child. Min Jung adult version by far is already killing me and I am only at 10. I don't think I can stand her in 40 more episode of her. I am sorry but even her younger self was smarter. I sort of wish they will take the lakorn route and have her die LOL Death is just too easy but to deal with her, I rather have her die. 

I guess the Aunt is unaware of Bo Ri's real identity. How can you spend 15 years in the same block and not see Bo Ri as a kid? Writer-nim is sure on my nerves LOL Ga Eul is a high school drop out? 
It took me a looooong while to warm up to Bo Ri, too. I was fine with her as a child, but as an adult, I didn't find her that endearing. She's rather vulgar and mean-spirited (if not mean-hearted), but given the way she was raised, I'm not surprised. She starts getting a little better after the 5-year jump. She's less of a doormat, although she's still somewhat crass or rough around the edges. I find myself rooting for her more, so that's a good thing.

I also thought it was poor writing to have the aunt and Eun Bi/Bo Ri in the same town for years and never have them run into each other. Sure, maybe you can claim Eun Bi probably went straight to school and straight back home to the restaurant, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have run into each other. It's a different story if they were living in a big city, but their town seems just slightly bigger than a village. However, sometimes I suppose that could happen when your personal world is narrow enough. The aunt didn't meet Bo Ri until she was a teenager, which accounts for the reason why she doesn't recognize her, but that supposed meet can be explained by the fact that that was probably when Bo Ri started doing deliveries so she had to go out more and broaden her world.

fun said:
Finished up to ep.15

And i thought Hotel King was bad, this is worse. I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this drama. The writernim is trying to hard to make the audience sympathize with min jung. She has taken the crown to most conniving bitch nang rai from the nang rai in stairway to heaven. It has almost been a decade since i hatedkim tae hee lol
I never have much faith in dramas that are 30 episodes or more because they tend to drag out the ridiculous, but I tune in for some of them in the off chance that they might actually turn out good. Feast of the Gods was horrible. May Queen was a major disappointment. I haven't finished Scandal yet, but I'm hoping to in the near future. I'm on 10 or 11 of Hotel King, but I'm waiting until it ends to marathon it. I wasn't that invested in this drama (I was only watching it for the lead actor and actress - still am), so I didn't mind watching it as it airs, and like every drama of this kind, it's beyond ridiculous and filled with plot holes and contrivances to wring out the maximum nonsensical drama, but I think by episode 20, the drama is finally settling into place. I think if they had skipped everything in the 15-year jump and gone straight to a 20-year jump, it would have made for a much better story.

As for Min Jung, OMG, don't even get me started on her. The actress who plays her was hateful in Twinkle Twinkle (another switch drama), but at least in that drama, she had some humanity in her (though I didn't think it at the time). In this one, she's just plain selfish and sociopathic. There is nothing they can do to her that will make me sympathize with her character because she brought it all on herself. What disappoints me the most is that MJ was given every chance in the world and she uses it to latch on to a rich guy? I thought she'd make the most of her opportunity and become one of the genius elites that Korea seems to love. With her smarts and ambition, I thought she'd be at the top of the world when we saw her as an adult again, but boy was I wrong. She just became a more educated version of her mom. Also, she spent practically no time learning how to sew hanbok, and I'm supposed to believe she's any match for Bo Ri, even if she learned design? The plots aren't woven very well, but as this is a 50-episode family makjang, I just go with the flow and pretend it's logical, and since I'm gradually beginning to like it a little, that must mean this drama has improved (or I've gone brain dead - maybe both). I hope Bo Ri's true identity is discovered soon (but I doubt it), but I think if they only focus on Bo Ri and Jae Hwa, I'll be content since they're finally making strides in that corner.

Reactions: fun

fun

Expired Sarnie
My sister ask me why I am continuing this drama when all I do is curse and complain LOL I guess I want to see how far the writer can stretch this craziness. There's not even a tiny bit of logic in here lol

Lenlin, I hope that I can warm up to Bo Ri but I just can't see myself liking her. All the women in here hurts my pride as a female. I can't forgive Bo Ri, she's trying to drag Jae Hwa down with her stupidity. I am glad he didn't become Bo Ri's witness but I don't like how the writer would make him misunderstand her that it's her lover's child. I am not sure if he believes the rumors but it seems so. I don't get how she won't just go thru adoption for Bi Dan and move to Seoul. 

But I got to say I love Jae Hwa's aunt LOL She doesn't even know she has guardian angels watching over her. I find it too adorable and I hope when he gets out, he will change his profession and get cleaned. I guess I will have to assume the aunt was a young teenager when she became an aunt. 15 years gone by she's in her early 30s. So if 5 years gone by, she's 40? LOL she doesn't even look mid 30. See what I mean, there's no logic!!!

Edit: OMG poor baby. Bo Ri! The way she piggy back the baby is a no no. I can't warm up to her. 5 years has pass and the Bi Dan looks 10 LMAO!!! I can't. This is just getting more insane. I kind of wish Ji Hoon wasn't in here. Why is he in drama where I dislike the leading ladies.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Oh, I know, there is no logic whatsoever in this drama. I just watch it and pretend there is. I've found that there is hardly ever any logic in makjangs, and although I don't mind some makjang here and there, I normally stay away from the more crazy ones. However, I guess my love for KJH is making me more tolerant than I normally would be. And seriously, I don't understand why he would believe the rumors anyway. It's not like he wasn't just with her the night before.

I also love Jae Hwa's aunt and the gangster dude. They're so cute. I thought it was funny how she never aged, so like you, I just assumed maybe she was supposed to be really young when Jae Hwa was a child. I'm not that fond of the half-sister and Secretary Kang, though, but I do like how she is loyal to Jae Hwa even if she's a spoiled, self-absorbed brat.

I guess Bo Ri the character is not for everyone. Once in a while I still find Bo Ri irritating, but I'm still rooting for her to overcome MJ just because I hate her with a passion. I can't believe some of the BS she spouts - and all with a straight face, too. It's like she's been lying all her life, she seriously believes all her lies are true. Talk about deranged. MJ really takes the cake for being one of the most stupidly annoying, two-faced b*tches in kdramaland.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am finally up to date. 24 more episode. I have this love hate for Bo Ri. Sometimes I really want to kick her in the face. Oh lord as for Min Jung... I want to kill her. It would really suck for Bo Ri when she finds out she has a criminal as a mother and her mother who raised her lied to her all these years. I would be devastated.

Moony is like an idiot, why would he tell that bitcb he found their daughter. I just wish he would spill the dirt. He is sort of stoopid but then again he was never smart to begin with.

My fav character has to be Jae Hwa.

Jae Hee and Min Jung can rot in hell together.

Bo Ri both mother should join Jae Hee and Min Jung in hell as well.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
OMG, I know! Why the heck did he tell her that he found their daughter? I know he just wants to rub it in her face, but do that after you actually meet her! I hate how everything just conveniently falls into MJ's lap so that she has enough time to thwart it. With how she's always running everywhere, I'm surprised she ever gets anything done.

I think that's one of the reasons why Bo Ri sticks to her adopted mom. She grew up with an indifferent mother, so even with her memory loss, the way MJ's mother treats her feels normal/right. Which is a really sad fact, actually.

Jae Hwa's finally sticking up for something he believes in. I like him, but he hasn't proved himself to hold any mettle (except in the case of opting out of working for his dad), so it's nice to see him finally step up. I want him to start getting more involved, but I guess everything has their own pace. According to that fortune teller, once Jae Hwa and Bo Ri get together, they'll be serious contenders against Jae Hee, so I suppose it might be too soon for Jae Hwa to actually take notice of the enemies people around him. I mean, MJ isn't even a blip in his radar, even though he's seen her at least twice: once as Bo Ri's competitor and the second time going to have dinner with his brother. That's how little MJ's presence means to him. But I think if she continues to mess with Bo Ri (and him), Jae Hwa will eventually take notice and hopefully start making things hard for her.

According to the storyline, Bo Ri's supposed to find out her true identity and get "switched" back. If that's the case, they need to get a move on it because we're practically halfway through the story now. It's time to start leveling out the playing field. Of course, after the way the family treated Bo Ri, I wouldn't go back to them (even if it's understandable why they reacted that way).

fun

Expired Sarnie
Where can I get a guy like Jae Hwa!!!

20 more episode to go and I dread the upcoming episode. My heart was racing when the aunt saw the pillow with the design. But why do I have a feeling MJ will once again gain the upper hand.

I was happy that the fake mom actually stood up to Bori but then she gets on my bad side again when she made that phone call to MJ to take down the photo of Eun Bi and her family.

MJ needs to check into a mental institution. I was flabbergasted that she could keep such a straight face when she accused her mother of abandoning her!!! :eyetwitch:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Min Jung you are a f-ing B and I hope you burn in hell. Im gonna go murder this B!

If Bori's identity does.not get disclose by this coming up episode, I will blow!!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Someone give me an axe so I can chop off heads!!! moon ji sung has been annoying me for the last 5 episode. It seems like Min Jung will always have the upperhand. She even knows that eun bi real mother murder her uncle. No words for mj real mom eother. I was kind of hoping she died in that accident.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I wasn't expecting a lot from this drama, but despite how annoying it is at times, I admit it's a lot more interesting now than it was in the beginning. I haven't seen today's episode, but I hope Bad Stuff start happening to MJ soon. She's no doubt one of the top 5 worst second leads I've ever had the misfortune of watching in a Kdrama.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I wasn't expecting a lot either. I just picked up the drama because I needed to kill time for the dramas that I wait weekly for. Didn't expect to invest so much of my time on this lol I am still sticking around for what more of a ship wreck can this get. Like you, I haven't seen this week episode. I might wait until next week and watch 4 episode like how I did last week but who knows, curiosity kills so I might even end up watching it today (Sunday, it's almost 1AM here where I am at)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am watching episode 40 as I type and I am so frustrated that I am not even sure what I am frustrated about. Min Jung is not human. How can she keep up with the lies. I am not even sure how thick her skin is right now. I hope she loses a leg or arm and suffer in prison. 

I am not even sure why I am still watching this. I get so numb when I watch this. Like we are being treated as stupid human beings.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I've been balling my eyes out after watching the recent new episodes especially during EunBi and EunBi's appa. I have no sympathy towards MJ and her mother whatsoever. I hate themmmm with a passion UGH buttt danggggg, MJ can hella act tho. I also feel bad for Moon Ji Sang because he has to go through so much just for his daughter's safety. I be crying during his scenes too. BiDan is so adorable and at that age, she is such an incredible actress. So cute how BiDan acts exactly like Bori lol Like mother like daughter. I just wondered why they didn't cast the younger EunBi with dimples. Of course EunBi's parents and aunt couldn't recognize her because she now has dimples lol I'm glad Bori's real identity didn't drag out!! Can't wait for this week's episodes!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Lol they did drag out Bori's identity.

Its funny that young Eun Bi was 8 but Bi Dan is 5. The actress that portrayed young Eun Bi ilooks abou 2_3 years younger than the girl playing Bi Dan.they should have switched roles.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
fun said:
Lol they did drag out Bori's identity.

Its funny that young Eun Bi was 8 but Bi Dan is 5. The actress that portrayed young Eun Bi ilooks abou 2_3 years younger than the girl playing Bi Dan.they should have switched roles.
What I meant was that the writers didn't drag out Bori's identity more than it already was lol I should've clarified that in my post ;p

Yes yes I agree about the girls being switched too(; BiDan has such cute set eyes and I can't wait to watch when she finds out that MJS is her real father hehehe so cute how she thinks he's in love with her lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am so happy that Min Jung finally got exposed. I usually don't condone a man hitting a woman unless she is really a threat but that slap Jae Hee gave her made me the happiest person alive. I honestly hope that Jae Hwa and Jae Hee will clear their misunderstanding.

I feel like it is not over for Min Jung yet, she still knows 2 secrets of the two mothers.

I do not have any sympathy for Min Jung's biological mom. As much as I don't like Eun Bi's biological mother, I was rooting for her when she scold MJ's mom. MJ mom gave invalid arguments. EB mom has no responsibility as a mother to MJ. MJ claimrd to be an orphan and they supported her and gave her an education under the premise that they are only doing it out of charity not as MJ parents. They never once abused MJ. On the other hand, MJ mom made BR work, did not provide her with a proper education and abused BR as a mother. Theres a big difference, MJ brought it upon herself for lying in the first place about being an orphan. BR lost her memory, she didnt have a choice since MJ mom registered BR in her family and out of fear since she hit BR with her truck. So all this stems from Min Jung and her family. She has no right to hold onto BR bc she was never a mother to BR. It was all MJ.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I just really, really hope MJ doesn't get forgiven at the end because there is nothing redeemable about her, but I keep getting this feeling that just for Bi Dan's sake or something, they're going to forgive her. I repeat:  I don't care how this drama ends as long as MJ doesn't find redemption.

BTW, just love Jae Hwa's happiness in 42. So happy for him that he's finally getting what he wants. And I just love that dance number he did.

And I seriously hope MJS finds some sort of peace at the end.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I cringe in happiness when Jae Hwa busted those dance moves. It was so unexpected. 

I hope that Bo Ri has a little heart and allow Ji Sung to get acknowledge by Bi Dan as her biological father. I know Bo Ri loves Bi Dan but I find it unfair to Bi Dan and Ji Sung. 

I honestly hope that Jae Hee and Jae Hwa clear their misunderstanding. They have potential to be the best bromance duo. 

I don't even want to talk about MJ. 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I hope Jae Hwa and Jae Hee make up, too. I've been waiting for it, but with all the MJ drama, the brothers don't get enough screen time, whether together or apart. I don't want some half-assed rushed reconciliation scene between them. I want them to actually be able to spend time together and enjoy each other's company.

I thought it unfair of BR to do that to JS, too, but I guess she thought he abandoned BD like MJ did. Later, after she found out he hadn't abandoned her, I suppose it made sense not to confuse BD, but it's just unfair to BD to never know the truth and for JS to never be able to acknowledge his daughter whom he had been searching for ever since he first found out MJ was pregnant. Either way, the truth will come out if only to convince any doubters of the depths of MJ's depravity and soullessness, so I don't expect BR to keep BD from JS after that (hopefully).

Lol I may have loved Jae Hwa's dance number, but I had the same cringe-happy reaction to it.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am excited for Running Man next week, the theme is female villain and guess what? Min Jung will be among one of the many villain to be guest on the show. I loved the teaser, poor Gary gets stuck with her LOL

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kljrZeNoxMuRWp8NzNa?start=12

You don't know what you have until it is gone haha I sort of kind of have a tingling sensation of sympathy towards Min Jung's mom. Not there yet since she is still helping Min Jung lie. 

As much as I like Jae Hwa, I don't think he should blame his step mom. It takes two to tangle, yet he has been targeting the step mom only. Jae Hee is innocent in this aspect. But it does not give him a right to have said his mom was badly treated. Did he not realize that his mom chose to be a mistress and live that way? No one held a gun against her head.

6 more hours of this torture! I can't wait to see this drama finally ending! This is why I don't watch kdrama has that 20 plus episode yet I alway get fooled into watching them. There has not been one single outstanding kdrama with that many episode.