Mayura

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I wouldn't mind if they stopped dubbing. Their new voices really bother me. Sung Meas supporting voices are way better.

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
I wouldn't mind either. Besides the fact that I stopped watching Khmer dubbed for quite a while, I truly miss the old Mayura and nothing can replace that. I really love the supporting male voice as he used to dubb for TVB back in the 90's but the n'rai's voice is soo annoying! It doesn't suit with Thai lakorns. For some reason I could stand her voice when she dubbed as main lead for Srok Khmer ATV but now it seems like she sounds even squeakier. Ming Phal's voice sounds wayy better. I never bothered asking why they didn't get her to dubb with them. Sung Meas voices and translations are okay I guess but I'd much rather watch in Thai.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I watched the first episode of Mon Rak Look Thong Mayura dubbed and they put a khmer song instead of the ost. This is truly weird because Mayura has never done this, they did it in the 80's but never after that. Thats why i stuck to Mayura they put the thai ost. I miss the old mayura too with the classical music in the background.

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
lol they probably put the Khmer version, Thnorm Snaeh instead of their original ost but if im wrong and it's a total random song then ... :facepalm: what the heck are they thinking!? thats what srok khmer dubbers like to do. please don't follow them

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
lol they probably put the Khmer version, Thnorm Snaeh instead of their original ost but if im wrong and it's a total random song then ... :facepalm: what the heck are they thinking!? thats what srok khmer dubbers like to do. please don't follow them
Yeah they put that tnorm song. They didn't put the khmer one in the kob/por or saranyu/nampueng versions.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
really? they never do this since they were angkorthom. i know cause i have "vimean ksach meas" but songs are really great and fit with the storyline while with blue dvd or srok khmer it never fits

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
Man i dont know how many times i've told them about putting random soundtracks in their lakorns. soo yapp! well at least the song fits unlike blue dvd and other productions. their song selections are so random!

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Speaking of random music when i was watching Namtan Mai srok khmer dubbed during the gay romance scene they put like the worst fitting old sin sisamoth song. Had me laughing for hours.

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
this song really bugs me but at least it's samouth who sings it so still good. in "liam ruk" dubbed by blue dvd, after fah's marriage, the p'ek is in his bedroom thinking about what has happened and this song comes, sung by i don't know who but it ruins all the scene! in the thai version you have "mai kee gon" but in blue dvd you have a duet and it don't fit the scene and the lakorn at all.
when mayura add khmer songs, they're always fit the storyline, always!
i don't know if you notice it but ntry is more skilfull, they add another thai song. watch the last kwan's lakorn and you'll understand what i mean.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Ntry is really good at adding music but sometimes they make it too loud. Like in Yok Lai Make during the important part where they reveal who Janie's father is Ntry like full blasted the ost. I love hearing the ost in lakorns but they should tone it down. I also notice Ntry takes out the lyrics of the song and just plays the ost melody softly, i like it when they do that and they also put the melody of songs from other lakorns too. Like right now i'm watching Ngao Kammathep Ntry/Sung Meas and they were playing the ost melody of Thepabut Maya Theptida Jumlaeng.

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
Mayura back in the 90's was somtimes random with their background music. I remember watching the Mew and Saranyu's version of Wanida and I heard Chhoun Malai's song Bopha. Actually never mind, Mayura always used to be random but it wasn't like the songs were totally opposite to the meaning of the lakorn. Blue Dvd however is another story.

I agree with you on Ntry/Sung Meas. They're background music is soo loud. In fact, their volume in general is abnormally loud, sounds like you're talking in the bathroom and it's kinda unecessary.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I think hearing the ost full blast in better than Blue DVD where you can hear cooking in the background, kids screaming and i even heard monks chanting in the background. One of the many reasons i dislike Blue DVD

peaches

sarNie Elites
hey, don't hate on blue dvd! they don't dubb in a soundproof room. its not music at all not like the crap ntry and mayura has on. this is off topic but gotta mention the people who dubb taiwanese drama, sunday production. their background music is annoying. watch down with love, all you hear is the same 2 or 3 music throughout the whole drama. khmer people just plain sucks when come to dubbing!

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
okay so i watched the first episode of Mon Rak Look Thong and they did put the Khmer version of Thnorm Snaeh but not the original one. The lyrics are different and Noy Vannet is singing. How wierd. What on earth is Mike thinking!?